+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Edveigae

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
CSQ
Guys, I don't think there is any meaning behind that email. I applied for a work permit visa, I also received this email.
I also received the same e-mail about an application for eTA (Jun/2017) which was approved at that time. I have other applications closed in my account but I received the e-mails only related to the 2 applications linked later on (PR and eTA).

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Is flag-poling still an option? I too am waiting for eCOPR since 29th Oct
Went to St-Armand a couple weeks ago to have my kids permits renewed (their passport expired). Took me about 30 minutes. They start processing at 8am and I was the first to get there at 7:20am. Had to wait outside until 8. At 8AM, there were about 10 other families over there. So I'd suggest to get in early.

Don't do the U turn in the Canada part. You actually have to enter the USA and get the "refusal" and then to come back to Canada...

• Wow
Reactions: CAImmNotifyMe

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Went to St-Armand a couple weeks ago to have my kids permits renewed (their passport expired). Took me about 30 minutes. They start processing at 8am and I was the first to get there at 7:20am. Had to wait outside until 8. At 8AM, there were about 10 other families over there. So I'd suggest to get in early.

Don't do the U turn in the Canada part. You actually have to enter the USA and get the "refusal" and then to come back to Canada...
Isn't that a bit risky though?

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Isn't that a bit risky though?
What exactly? I hold a valid American visa and a Canadian one as well.

They're used to flag polling and that's how the process work. Go to USA side of the border, say you want to go back to renew your papers, go inside the border and have your refusal in the system, go back to Canada and get your papers renewed.

The agents in the USA will ask for your car key and position it towards Canada. From the three times I've been to the border, that's the only thing that changed. I prefer it this way because there's some confusion on where to turn to get back.

Theo_S

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
August 2nd. No update so far
The last time I applied for a work permit it took 7 months until I got any answer which was just that the application got approved.
If you re in Canada and your current permit expires you can keep working and live in Canada until you get their decision.

Reactions: CAImmNotifyMe

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
It has been kinda quiet these 2 November days in terms of new AORs and eCOPRs..
I thought about it too. I think they process whole 2020, because I saw Dec 23 or Dec 28, something in the end of 2020.
Maybe they need to wrap up lots of AORs they gave to 2020 :)

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I thought about it too. I think they process whole 2020, because I saw Dec 23 or Dec 28, something in the end of 2020.
@ValeriaS
Hey, how you doing ValeriaS? Any luck with the requested documents about your common law partner and such?
I sent mine some weeks ago, and they confirmed they received everything last week (just 2 days before the time limit expired, that was stressful haha)

thega

Mar 12, 2021
I saw they gave a December 30th 2020 person their AOR. C'mon IRCC, its time for 2021 now, not just a few Feb 2021 here and there. The site Quebecpeq thinks that the first quarter of 2021 might get their AOR in these last 2 months. Hope they are right.

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I hope they start 2021 soon ….
Pre-arrival letter is sent to email or it is uploaded in the ircc account ?