+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Espasoou

Aug 25, 2021
Hello, im working in Quebec for a year now, but i dont know if im eligible to the new law or the old one (before 22 july 2020) because at that date i was in traineeship so my statue was as student, i did not have my post graduate work permit yet, I had it in Decembre 2020. But I was , in the traisneeship as a worker, cuz i was getting paid and the employer hired me right after and im still working with him till now,
and at 22 july 2020 i had a work permit that allos me to work in any traineeship . but not a post graduate one!
So can any one of you please help me out here.
Am I eligible to the old one? the one before 22 july 2020.
cuz if im not, it means i have to work 24 months but my work permit is only 14 months....

Reactions: Rumman

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Hello, im working in Quebec for a year now, but i dont know if im eligible to the new law or the old one (before 22 july 2020) because at that date i was in traineeship so my statue was as student, i did not have my post graduate work permit yet, I had it in Decembre 2020. But I was , in the traisneeship as a worker, cuz i was getting paid and the employer hired me right after and im still working with him till now,
and at 22 july 2020 i had a work permit that allos me to work in any traineeship . but not a post graduate one!
So can any one of you please help me out here.
Am I eligible to the old one? the one before 22 july 2020.
cuz if im not, it means i have to work 24 months but my work permit is only 14 months....
If you obtained or will be obtaining your diploma before December 31, 2020, you can submit an application for permanent selection that will be processed on the basis of the selection criteria in effect before July 22, 2020.

Espasoou

Aug 25, 2021
If you obtained or will be obtaining your diploma before December 31, 2020, you can submit an application for permanent selection that will be processed on the basis of the selection criteria in effect before July 22, 2020.
thank you so much for answering me

i wish i could do that cuz yes i got my diploma in october 2020 but its not eligible, cuz its an AEC...
so i have to immigrate as a skilled worker not student

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Oh, I am not sure what to do with this new open work permit.
My current closed one will expire in Feb 2022 and I need to start the process, but I am not sure do I want a close one or it's better to wait for this open one.
I read that about an open one: "It will include a restriction that the place of employment remains in Quebec", which kinda sucks because I wanted to work remotely for a USA-based company.
Even if they tell us that we can use XEP for application, I still need to make choice :D
And, oh God, I just finished PR application in April 2021 and here we go - paperwork AGAIN.

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Oh, I am not sure what to do with this new open work permit.
My current closed one will expire in Feb 2022 and I need to start the process, but I am not sure do I want a close one or it's better to wait for this open one.
I read that about an open one: "It will include a restriction that the place of employment remains in Quebec", which kinda sucks because I wanted to work remotely for a USA-based company.
Even if they tell us that we can use XEP for application, I still need to make choice :D
And, oh God, I just finished PR application in April 2021 and here we go - paperwork AGAIN.
August 31st we find out. I hope XEP is allowed, because they take forever to give us the real AOR.

Reactions: ValeriaS

User291992

Mar 21, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
AOR Received.
Not yet
My application was received on July 17, 2020 and no AOR yet. Do you know what could be the reason(s) for this delay? Did you get your ATIP notes lately?

How many applicants from July are still waiting for AOR?
My application was received by ircc on 15 th July 2020 and I am also waiting for AOR.

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
we hear many are getting AOR.... on average, how much time it takes for an inland aplicant to become PR after AOR ?

a_ch_

Mar 31, 2020
Hello all,

I have sent my PR application for federal stage last August. They received my application on 24th August 2020 and I received the temporary file number on 20 October 2020. I’m still waiting for the permanent one, which I think you call AOR!

Now, I need to leave Canada soon. But I’m worried a lot about my application. My PGWP is also gonna be expired on DEC 2021.
I’m not even sure that they will still process my application after I leave canada. Or how much more its gonna take the rest of the process. As I said I will have no status after DEC 2021to back to Canada.

I know that they said about an open work permit. But I am unemployed right now and not sure if I would be eligible for that or not!

I really appreciate it if anyone could help me in this case to figure whether my application will be still in process if I leave Canada or not!

Last edited:

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Freakin immigration. I hug everyone in this group.
I had such a calm few months and now my HR told me I need to start my work permit process again, and I just can't handle all this shit anymore.

Reactions: whereismytralala

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Hello all,

I have sent my PR application for federal stage last August. They received my application on 24th August 2020 and I received the temporary file number on 20 October 2020. I’m still waiting for the permanent one, which I think you call AOR!

Now, I need to leave Canada soon. But I’m worried a lot about my application. My PGWP is also gonna expire on DEC 2021.
I’m not even sure that they will still process my application after I leave canada. Or how much more its gonna take the rest of the process. As I said I will have no status after DEC 2021to back to Canada.

I know that they said about an open work permit. But I am unemployed right now and not sure if I would be eligible for that or not!

I really appreciate it if anyone could help me in this case to figure whether my application will be still in process if I leave Canada or not!
You are eligible, you don't need an employer for this new open work permit. You need AOR (or XEP, we don't know yet) and CSQ.
Your current PR application will be in progress, but it will be changed from `Inland` to `Outland` status.

Reactions: a_ch_

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
3-4 months : Inland
Much more : Outland
Thanks . I think it is faster now. If they take 12 months for AOR and 4 months for PR. Total 16 months is not bad .
do you think Afghan refugee plan will slow down our processing?