+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
How are you so sure about that? The XEP letter is an official reception of your application.
Everything from IRCC is official, but, XEP is only a temporal number where IRCC is telling you that your application was received but you have to wait until the checklist from an agent, once your documents are approved, ( criminal record, csq...etc) they will send you an AOR and then, until this point, you officially started the process. To get an owp you must have AOR, no XEP.

Read, AOR: it's cleared.

Transitional open work permit
At Quebec's request, the federal government agreed to put in place, on August 31, a measure that will allow certain temporary foreign workers staying in Quebec to hold a job of their choice while waiting to obtain their permanent residence. To be able to benefit from the transitional open work permit, these workers must hold a CSQ in the category of skilled workers and have received a regular acknowledgment of receipt of their application for permanent residence from the federal government.

http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/presse/communiques/com20210806.html?fbclid=IwAR2ElS_cycO5KHpg7t270p1JRFfZz0jBRIbSA2Ju55ZVH1wEbrq2OyBYCVU
Show quoted text

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
No, XEP is a temporal number where IRCC is telling you that your application was received but you have to wait until checklist from an agent, once your documents are approved, they will send you an AOR and then, until this point, you officially started the process. To get an owp you must have AOR, no XEp
Man I know this information
Xep is acceptable for open work permit application
I asked for this
There is no reason to wait 16 months to apply for work permit
You are not the responsible for delay

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
Man I know this information
Xep is acceptable for open work permit application
I asked for this
There is no reason to wait 16 months to apply for work permit
You are not the responsible for delay

In that case, please may you confirm us when did you ask and by whom? Do you have an official answer by IRCC, your information anyway is coherent

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
What you are saying it doesn't make any sense. There is no reason to give you open permit for 24 months which it can be extended for another 12 months when the processing after AOR is taking around 6-12 months. The letter in which the IRCC is giving the temporary number is an official acknowledgement of receipt of the application. Also the application can't be returned any more, as it used to happen in the past. Maybe you could tell us if you have an official answer from IRCC.

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
What you are saying it doesn't make any sense. There is no reason to give you open permit for 24 months which it can be extended for another 12 months when the processing after AOR is taking around 6-12 months. The letter in which the IRCC is giving the temporary number is an official acknowledgement of receipt of the application. Also the application can't be returned any more, as it used to happen in the past. Maybe you could tell us if you have an official answer from IRCC.

Let me explain you, what they say is that before receiving AOR, we can process an owp with an EXP number and in my opinion, maybe I'm wrong, IRCC only would process owp applications for people who have an official AOR. The previous answer for this situation, one person told us that with XEP is enough to process an owp.

In my case, I sent my application 2 weeks ago and last week I received a letter of confirmation from IRCC that it was received and they provided me an XEP number, then, they said that I have to wait and then, I may receive an AOR number.

If I wanted an owp, I may think that I need an AOR considering that IRCC has not checked my application, they only have received it.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
10 days from AOR, medical request?? It seems to me that by the end of the year you are getting your pr!!
Congrats, it's July's turn to get AOR now!

Reactions: Rumman

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Let me explain you, what they say is that before receiving AOR, we can process an owp with an EXP number and in my opinion, maybe I'm wrong, IRCC only would process owp applications for people who have an official AOR. The previous answer for this situation, one person told us that with XEP is enough to process an owp.

In my case, I sent my application 2 weeks ago and last week I received a letter of confirmation from IRCC that it was received and they provided me an XEP number, then, they said that I have to wait and then, I may receive an AOR number.

If I wanted an owp, I may think that I need an AOR considering that IRCC has not checked my application, they only have received it.
The thing is, it just takes too damn long here in Quebec. If AOR is required to receive a OWP than it is nonsense because now, most people are getting their PR in 3 months after receiving AOR.. We won't know anything until August 31st, but because of the ridiculous delays, they should take XEP into consideration.

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
The thing is, it just takes too damn long here in Quebec. If AOR is required to receive a OWP than it is nonsense because now, most people are getting their PR in 3 months after receiving AOR.. We won't know anything until August 31st, but because of the ridiculous delays, they should take XEP into consideration.
I totally understand your point of view and it makes sense also, I just only want to know if there is a clarification directly from IRCC considering the misunderstandings or simply if I only receive the letter from them where it says that my documentation was received and it's enough

Reactions: thega

thega

Mar 12, 2021
I totally understand your point of view and it makes sense also, I just only want to know if there is a clarification directly from IRCC considering the misunderstandings or simply if I only receive the letter from them where it says that my documentation was received and it's enough
Yea we will know on August 31st. Someone said they called IRCC and the agent didn't even know about this new OWP program for Quebec. We must wait 2 weeks.

Reactions: Rumman