+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Suhayb

May 4, 2021
All my friends and me included are working in IT sector as engineers or designers, or AI workers and our salaries are way above 56,000 per year.
We all are employed for years already with Quebec employers.
But again we all are still waiting years and years to get residency here.
I don't believe anything in this article.
Hi ValeriaS, I work in the same industry and honestly you got me worried with your comment about “waiting for years and years”, would it be possible to share your timeline? Just to have an idea about what’s coming our way? Thank you

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Hi ValeriaS, I work in the same industry and honestly you got me worried with your comment about “waiting for years and years”, would it be possible to share your timeline? Just to have an idea about what’s coming our way? Thank you
No worries, it was just complains :)

My friend though who is web designer - she applied through QSWP in October 2018 and in Feb 2021 she didn't get documents.
She applied through Family Sponsorship in the end and she got her PR as spouse.

I, personally, just applied 3 weeks ago :)

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Question, if you make your application from Canada - Inland, but leave Canada and the application becomes Outland, if I were to return to Canada on a work permit or visitor permit for a long extended period of time, would my application return to Inland? Or will it stay Outland until it is finalized?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Question, if you make your application from Canada - Inland, but leave Canada and the application becomes Outland, if I were to return to Canada on a work permit or visitor permit for a long extended period of time, would my application return to Inland? Or will it stay Outland until it is finalized?
When you move back, you change your address, I guess then it's put in inland queue.

noc173

Feb 2, 2021
Hello friends,

Just got my CSQ last week and I'm preparing documents for federal step. However I'm really confused about the section 8 - personal history in form IMM 5669. The thing is I had many business trips during the time I worked for several companies. I'm not sure if I should list these business trip in an extra self-explanation sheet, or I just need to list those trips in the form Supplementary information - Your travels (IMM 5562).
I did a thorough research on many forum including this one but I have not been able to figure it out what I should do. Some people advise I should list everything, even a business strip that belongs to an employment, and some people advise just to put the timelines that belong to the employment status, whether it is "employed" or "unemployed", and the business trips that belong to an employment can be put to the form IMM 5562.
Anyone that has passed this step can throw a light on this ? Thank you very much.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hello friends,

Just got my CSQ last week and I'm preparing documents for federal step. However I'm really confused about the section 8 - personal history in form IMM 5669. The thing is I had many business trips during the time I worked for several companies. I'm not sure if I should list these business trip in an extra self-explanation sheet, or I just need to list those trips in the form Supplementary information - Your travels (IMM 5562).
I did a thorough research on many forum including this one but I have not been able to figure it out what I should do. Some people advise I should list everything, even a business strip that belongs to an employment, and some people advise just to put the timelines that belong to the employment status, whether it is "employed" or "unemployed", and the business trips that belong to an employment can be put to the form IMM 5562.
Anyone that has passed this step can throw a light on this ? Thank you very much.
You definitely need an extra spreadsheet. We listed every single trip - date, destination, purpose of travel. We went true the old photos and plain tickets in order to see the dates. If you are nor sure just right - about 3 days or I don’t remember exactly. You should do your best. You should not have a gap in your background. If you were unemployed write the dates. The immigration wants to know what were you doing continuesly through your life. Same thing extra spreadsheet.

Reactions: noc173

Montreal_grad_student

May 31, 2018
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
4021/ 4012 / 4031
Hi everyone,
Hope to hear your thoughts on this situation. I'm in a real bind. I have a CSQ but no AR yet. I'm not eligible for any of the work permits (ANY!!! yes, just my luck) because applied for CSQ under old program when they were letting graduate students apply after completing their comps.

Context: I took an approved leave of abscence from my PhD program after my first year. During that time I left Canada and returned to my country. I then resumed program a year later, have since renewed study permit twice with no problems. Now that I'm about to graduate and apply for PGWP, my university claims that:

a) I may not be eligible for the permit at all because the leave was more than 150 days; and that

b) even if I were eligible, I can't start working immediately upon submission because of the leave and instead have to wait for the permit to be issued.

I disagree with their reading of the policy (not that my disagreeing makes any difference, sigh) as I believe that the 150 day leave applies to students staying INSIDE Canada. During my leave of absence. IRCC states that if a leave is longer than 150, a student must change status or leave Canada or else risk being non-compliant with conditions. I understand this to mean that leaving Canada is one way to avoid being non-compliant with Study Permit conditions which in turn would mean that I could start working immediately upon application submission.

Some universities like Carlton specifically state that although leaves longer than 150 affect the PGWP/ implied status eligibility, leaving Canada during absence allows for an exception from this policy.

Any thoughts/ expereinces?

more context:
I'm in a real bind here: I have a teaching job that starts days after I submit dissertation and I'd lose the job if I couldn't start on time. Even though some PGWPs are being processed quickly, I only have a few days between the date I can get letter from my school confirming degree completion and job start date--so not enough time.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone,
Hope to hear your thoughts on this situation. I'm in a real bind. I have a CSQ but no AR yet. I'm not eligible for any of the work permits (ANY!!! yes, just my luck) because applied for CSQ under old program when they were letting graduate students apply after completing their comps.

Context: I took an approved leave of abscence from my PhD program after my first year. During that time I left Canada and returned to my country. I then resumed program a year later, have since renewed study permit twice with no problems. Now that I'm about to graduate and apply for PGWP, my university claims that:

a) I may not be eligible for the permit at all because the leave was more than 150 days; and that

b) even if I were eligible, I can't start working immediately upon submission because of the leave and instead have to wait for the permit to be issued.

I disagree with their reading of the policy (not that my disagreeing makes any difference, sigh) as I believe that the 150 day leave applies to students staying INSIDE Canada. During my leave of absence. IRCC states that if a leave is longer than 150, a student must change status or leave Canada or else risk being non-compliant with conditions. I understand this to mean that leaving Canada is one way to avoid being non-compliant with Study Permit conditions which in turn would mean that I could start working immediately upon application submission.

Some universities like Carlton specifically state that although leaves longer than 150 affect the PGWP/ implied status eligibility, leaving Canada during absence allows for an exception from this policy.

Any thoughts/ expereinces?

more context:
I'm in a real bind here: I have a teaching job that starts days after I submit dissertation and I'd lose the job if I couldn't start on time. Even though some PGWPs are being processed quickly, I only have a few days between the date I can get letter from my school confirming degree completion and job start date--so not enough time.
Find yourself a lawyer, your story is very complicated. I’m sure that there is a solution to your situation. Good luck!

Reactions: ValeriaS and aeya

Leokun

May 25, 2018

• If you are currently living in Quebec, you may still be eligible, as long as you can demonstrate to the officer that you intend to move to another province, or show a job offer in another province.
So tempting proposition, they are going to steal a lot of people.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
  • If you are currently living in Quebec, you may still be eligible, as long as you can demonstrate to the officer that you intend to move to another province, or show a job offer in another province.
So tempting proposition, they are going to steal a lot of people.
Those who can shouldn't miss this opportunity of lifetime. Those who are already stuck and been waiting for more than a year have no choice at this stage.

Reactions: Leokun

Montreal_grad_student

May 31, 2018
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
4021/ 4012 / 4031
Find yourself a lawyer, your story is very complicated. I’m sure that there is a solution to your situation. Good luck!
Alas I’ve spent thousands of dollars on lawyers in mtl over the years. Largely useless. They just read policy to you and most often we—the people affected— know it by heart already. They just want to charge huge amounts to fill out the forms for you. Beyond that they all tend to interpret policy very conservatively and they add little to no meaningful knowledge that we don’t already have. Ideally, I’d want a lawyer who understands trends and informal standards at IRCC that would shed light on how to proceed in a complicated situation like this or can actually point to policy and precedent in support of a favorable outcome. Recommendations welcome.

shy22

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
May 2018
AOR Received.
July 2018
Congrats!!!!!!
Did you received a pre-arrival letter? I am from mtl vo too, still no prearrival in my 34month!!
I did receive pre arrival way back 2018..

Italy

May 23, 2020
Alas I’ve spent thousands of dollars on lawyers in mtl over the years. Largely useless. They just read policy to you and most often we—the people affected— know it by heart already. They just want to charge huge amounts to fill out the forms for you. Beyond that they all tend to interpret policy very conservatively and they add little to no meaningful knowledge that we don’t already have. Ideally, I’d want a lawyer who understands trends and informal standards at IRCC that would shed light on how to proceed in a complicated situation like this or can actually point to policy and precedent in support of a favorable outcome. Recommendations welcome.
Can't you ask IRCC? And record what they say?