+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

LeonKennie

Nov 1, 2020
hi guys, hoping that you are doing well during the third wave of the god damn pandemic

who knows how long it will take for the medical check result to be sent to the CIC??? thanks!!

Italy

May 23, 2020
Thank you. Not thoroughly but I have read that page before however I just want to hear from the people already lived & moved from Quebec like Ncat99. These days many applicants are posting negative comments regarding Quebec after living couple of years there. A kind of scary for the approved outland applicant like me who will move soon to Quebec to start new life there after some ease in travel restrictions.
Don't worry too much. Quebec is not perfect and this immigration process has been very hard on us. But Quebec is a nice place to live in, in my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: gtcan19 and aeya

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Don't worry too much. Quebec is not perfect and this immigration process has been very hard on us. But Quebec is a nice place to live in, in my opinion.
Focusing on the problems in Quebec is normal, especially now but as Italy said it’s a nice place to live. Everyone has his priorities in life! You can give it a try if it’s not working for you, you can go to another province. Immigration is a hard process, you are not obligate to like Quebec or Canada. Many people go back to their home countries after a few years spending here. It’s completely normal!

Leokun

May 25, 2018
hi guys, hoping that you are doing well during the third wave of the god damn pandemic

who knows how long it will take for the medical check result to be sent to the CIC??? thanks!!
Up to 10 days to be send but usually it’s a week. If everything is fine. About 5 days to be verified by the IRCC these days.

m.ali

Sep 24, 2013
Hi.
I need the suggestion from those who already submitted their application for PR. Is that fine if we provide police certificate on request, not submit with application?
Anybody did that?
Does i effect the application?

Thanks

Italy

May 23, 2020
Hi.
I need the suggestion from those who already submitted their application for PR. Is that fine if we provide police certificate on request, not submit with application?
Anybody did that?

Thanks
It's fine. I sent only 2 police certificates with my application, the third only after receiving the AOR.
Of course if you wait for their request, you have to account for the extra time you need to request the certificates and send them.
If I were you, I would request and send the police certificates as soon as you receive the AOR and can use the webform to send them.
The Canadian certificate was never requested to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Immstu

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi.
Anybody did that?

Thanks
I submitted all if them in beginning. We are very well organized, while waiting for CSQ we did the police certificates. We had 5, so it was a fun to have them all valid at the same time :) I never received request to re-do any if them.

edgar1953

May 1, 2021
HI everyone,

Does anybody did the polcie cetificates for Colombia. Canada.ca says next:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will send you a file number and a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You will need that letter and file number when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Background Verification Certificate

I submit so far 4 the only one remaining is Colombia, please some advise

Regards

Leokun

May 25, 2018
HI everyone,

Does anybody did the polcie cetificates for Colombia. Canada.ca says next:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will send you a file number and a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You will need that letter and file number when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Background Verification Certificate

I submit so far 4 the only one remaining is Colombia, please some advise

Regards
For certain countries is more complicated, some send the PC directly to IRCC. I don’t know what is the case with Colombia but it seems that Colombia has its own conditions about this process. I see that they provided e-mails and phones on the site. You can try and contact them for more information.

Reactions: edgar1953

nrmr82

Jan 9, 2018
Longueuil
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 2020
Doc's Request.
Nov 2020
Hi.
Anybody did that?

Thanks
I hope it is fine too. I sent 2 police certificates and the third one i will send only if they request. Getting a chinese police certificate is pain in the @@@ particularly when you don't have residential proof of your stay. I stayed in china exactly for 179 days. Haha. Hoping they will let it go and not request it.

Reactions: edgar1953

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I hope it is fine too. I sent 2 police certificates and the third one i will send only if they request. Getting a chinese police certificate is pain in the @@@ particularly when you don't have residential proof of your stay. I stayed in china exactly for 179 days. Haha. Hoping they will let it go and not request it.
If it was exactly 179 days, you should have written an explanation letter as to why it isn't required according to IRCC guideline of 6 months. Someone known to me did it and he was never asked (wasn't from China though).
Don't worry now as they may never ask you for it.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Thank you. Not thoroughly but I have read that page before however I just want to hear from the people already lived & moved from Quebec like Ncat99. These days many applicants are posting negative comments regarding Quebec after living couple of years there. A kind of scary for the approved outland applicant like me who will move soon to Quebec to start new life there after some ease in travel restrictions.
The Canadian charter of rights overrides Quebec's BS (Quebec thinks it is a separate country). A PR can live & work anywhere in Canada.

If you are white or look like a white and speaks fluent French, Quebec might be for you. Any other color variants even if they speak French, Quebec will discriminate you now or in the future by making new laws. The discrimination is built into Quebec's legal systems. Thats what we call systematic discrimination. Bill 101, Bill 21.. more bills might come from CAQ once the pandemic is over. Quebeckers are xenophobes and anti immigration.
The language police and CAQ party is working hard to discriminate people of color and other minorities. I decided that I do not want to be treated like a third class citizen and that too with the high tax bracket I am paying if I live in Quebec. People have different priorities, so its up to each one to decide. My personal experiences were racist and discriminatory so I left Quebec. I am very happy about that decision and have not felt discrimination or racism in Ontario. Montreal is a nice place for a tourist though.

Process wise, once you get your PR, your first landing should be in Montreal. Apply for SIN immediately after landing. Leave the province the next day.

• Love
Reactions: gtcan19 and Immstu