+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Italy

May 23, 2020
not bad!

Which clinic was that?

I was quoted 360 (including a 60$ surcharge as I have a tattoo?!) at abikhzer on cote de neige.

260$ at luso on mont-royal

both are on the above list. Will probably just spring for luso at it’s a convenient location and quick availability. $260 seems reasonable enough.
Paid $240 at Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec.
I think they charge more for tattoos too.

Italy

May 23, 2020
I have a question about ATIP notes. Can I request it now and will they continue to provide updates until a decision is made on your PR? (I just applied for PR-QSW in March 2021)
Ah no :-D
You have to request new ones every time.
I don't think you should ask them so early in the process. You won't get much info and you will delay other people requests. It's already taking about 1 month.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Backlog of 51,213 and piling up day by day. Minister of Buffoonery says that files for PR are being processed in 13 months. Those who are building and contributing to this province are held hostage by xenophobic clowns. Why do we deserve this punishment? Is it because of our choice to go for this province? Paying abnormally high taxes to get harassed and bullied continually.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1788584/immigration-inventaire-record-quebec-ottawa-residence?fromApp=appInfoIos&partageApp=appInfoiOS&accesVia=partage&fbclid=IwAR1-tc3LGSRuzi9_MPgAda2iv_nQnt6Fky-tZhG10H7rzBRlHr45iCWsSdc

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I'll apply with English if I decide to finally do that. Should consult with a lawyer before doing anything I guess.
If you consult a lawyer, he will clearly answer you "you cannot apply in two PR programs which are completely opposite to each other."
I mean , in Qubec skilled worker program, you say you intend to live in Quebec while in Federal program you say you intend to live outside of Quebec.

Anyways, if you apply in two programs, you have to withdraw with one. Because this is your choice you intend to live in Quebec or not. But be clear and don't confuse yourself. Keep your mind clear, you intend to live in Quebec or not. Because your application will depend on your intention.

No doubt Quebec Skill worker program is safe but you need patience. Otherwise, you can opt other fast track federal program.

Reactions: aeya

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Backlog of 51,213 and piling up day by day. Minister of Buffoonery says that files for PR are being processed in 13 months. Those who are building and contributing to this province are held hostage by xenophobic clowns. Why do we deserve this punishment? Is it because of our choice to go for this province? Paying abnormally high taxes to get harassed and bullied continually.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1788584/immigration-inventaire-record-quebec-ottawa-residence?fromApp=appInfoIos&partageApp=appInfoiOS&accesVia=partage&fbclid=IwAR1-tc3LGSRuzi9_MPgAda2iv_nQnt6Fky-tZhG10H7rzBRlHr45iCWsSdc
So, if the current inventory is 51K and the target for 2021 is 45K+7K, and they have cleared so far around 5K, shouldn't they have to clear at least half of 2020 applications in order to meet this target? Maybe the annual quota isn't the only problem and there is a conflict between Federal and QC.
Just an assumption.

By the way, Immstu what is your timeline?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
So, if the current inventory is 51K and the target for 2021 is 45K+7K, and they have cleared so far around 5K, shouldn't they have to clear at least half of 2020 applications in order to meet this target? Maybe the annual quota isn't the only problem and there is a conflict between Federal and QC.
Just an assumption.

By the way, Immstu what is your timeline?
Surely there's a conflict. Federal drags its feet but Quebec is laid back as well. Suffering is of applicants.
I left Quebec but my gf and one cousin are there. Both applied in early 2020. None has AOR yet.

Reactions: ncat99

elra

Apr 23, 2021
If you consult a lawyer, he will clearly answer you "you cannot apply in two PR programs which are completely opposite to each other."
I mean , in Qubec skilled worker program, you say you intend to live in Quebec while in Federal program you say you intend to live outside of Quebec.

Anyways, if you apply in two programs, you have to withdraw with one. Because this is your choice you intend to live in Quebec or not. But be clear and don't confuse yourself. Keep your mind clear, you intend to live in Quebec or not. Because your application will depend on your intention.

No doubt Quebec Skill worker program is safe but you need patience. Otherwise, you can opt other fast track federal program.
Excuse me but I don't understand your tone!!

I actually consulted my lawyer yesterday and he told me "you are allowed to have two applications in federal if you are eligible for both of them" and people's intention changes over time and usually one's second intention precedes their first intention! It is up to the visa officer to accept my justification that I intend to live outside Quebec or not accept it, but nothing in the law prohibits anyone's freedom to apply for all the programs that they are eligible for. (there are thousands of possibilities out there, people might get a job offer from other provinces and decide to apply for other streams and really intend to move out there- and yes while residing temporarily in Quebec- and this is a strong case to show their intention!)

About withdrawing, yes, the visa officer will ask the applicant to withdraw one of the applications and proceed with the other one at some stage.
BTW my lawyer told me since I've got my medical request he does not recommend applying for the new stream as he thinks it might take 6-12 months itself.

Reactions: memdan

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
I don't think the new passport is adding any delays. I know some people got their CPR shortly after they sent them the new passport.
If the passport is going to expire soon, they actually ask you to send the new one.
Yes adding a new passport wont cause any delays. I renewed my passport and send them new one through the form upload. My case timeline is in signature.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019

The first thing to understand that Canada is not inviting immigrants out of love. It is because of the dwindling working age population. We immigrants are the ones who will pay taxes so that the very same anti immigrant boomers can get healthcare and OAS. Factories and other establishments can now get "cheap" labour thus increasing their profits.
I can guarantee that if foreign students stopped coming, many Canadian universities will go down under.

I do not want this racist province to enjoy the taxes that I pay in one of the highest brackets and then treat me like a 3rd class citizen, So I left Quebec as soon as I got my PR card. I am done with this mess of a province. Leaving Quebec was the best decision. I can now live in Canada with dignity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Italy and Immstu

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
The first thing to understand that Canada is not inviting immigrants out of love. It is because of the dwindling working age population. We immigrants are the ones who will pay taxes so that the very same anti immigrant boomers can get healthcare and OAS. Factories and other establishments can now get "cheap" labour thus increasing their profits.
I can guarantee that if foreign students stopped coming, many Canadian universities will go down under.

I do not want this racist province to enjoy the taxes that I pay in one of the highest brackets and then treat me like a 3rd class citizen, So I left Quebec as soon as I got my PR card. I am done with this mess of a province. Leaving Quebec was the best decision. I can now live in Canada with dignity.
We sign the intention to stay in Quebec in filing our application. Wouldn`t that make any problem in the future for applicant or dependents if anyone left Quebec soon after getting PR card?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Thank you. Not thoroughly but I have read that page before however I just want to hear from the people already lived & moved from Quebec like Ncat99. These days many applicants are posting negative comments regarding Quebec after living couple of years there. A kind of scary for the approved outland applicant like me who will move soon to Quebec to start new life there after some ease in travel restrictions.