+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application in Dec 2019 and got my AOR in Feb 2021. Based on my online profile and my GSMC note my security has started in Feb 2021. I am worried that QSW might take forever, and because I am eligible to apply for the new stream for international students I am considering applying for that stream.

Does anyone here know whether we can have two applications in federal at the same time? (one from Quebec and one from the new stream) and withdraw the Quebec application if the visa officer asks about it.

Much appreciated.
Did you get the medical request or not yet? Also are you alone on your application or with family?
Thanks

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
No, I haven't received the medical request yet and I am with my spouse.
I am as well from DEC 2019 with AOR in march with a non accompanying spouse and they told me 2 weeks ago that my criminality is in process. Not sure when security will start and when will they ask for medical

thega

Mar 12, 2021
I am as well from DEC 2019 with AOR in march with a non accompanying spouse and they told me 2 weeks ago that my criminality is in process. Not sure when security will start and when will they ask for medical
Cant you do medical upfront without waiting for their instruction?

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I have a question regarding the Police clearance certificate from Canada. It mentioned on their website that we do not need a Canadian police certificate. But some times they do ask from some people is there anyone knows the when, why and under what circumstances they ask for.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I have a question regarding the Police clearance certificate from Canada. It mentioned on their website that we do not need a Canadian police certificate. But some times they do ask from some people is there anyone knows the when, why and under what circumstances they ask for.
I sent mine with all other documents. My lawyer advised me to do it. Some agents are more flexible, other more strict.

Harsaint

Apr 26, 2021
Finally GOT COPR Golden today
AOR -June 2019
Pre-arrival-Sep 2020
MR-->8 March
MR passed-->24 Pass
GHost update ->16 April and DM on ECAS
Today COPR

Best of luck guys :)
I checked my notes my background was completed a day before pre-arrival services...I hope this will give a ray of hope to other people in this group
Background check - September, 2020:Your background check was completed.

I believe If you are getting MR I think it is almost done..just delaying due to office thing or covid

Reactions: bassamkaaki

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Finally, it is my turn too today. I'll still be here to support and will still be part of petitions and such to speed up the processes for everyone else. Thanks for all the help and support as well from everyone here. At the end of the day, i know as much about the process as a doormat (so not alot) but I do think that every agent handles files in whatever way they see fit. Until there's an algorithm that sifts through all the info and spits out a decision in a matter of minutes (not necessarily a good thing either), we are all at the mercy of an officer's interpretations of our files and how they want to handle them. Good luck to everyone else and let me know however I can help if ever needed!

Date Received: May 6th 2019
AOR: July 17th 2019
PCC Request: August 21st 2020
Pre-Arrival: August 22nd 2020
Sent webform to inform of error by IRCC in PCC request letter: August 21st 2020
Amended PCC Request from IRCC: September 21st 2020 (Note the 1 month turnaround for amended paperwork which adds delays)
November 19th: Background check complete (This was updated in IRCC my account when CoPR was received but I think this date only refers to the date the criminality was done and not security)
Invitation for Medical Exam: March 8th 2021
Medical Exam done: March 12th 2021
Medical Exam passed: March 23rd 2021
Decision made in ECAS and ghost update in IRCC my account: April 16th 2021
CoPR: April 29th 2021

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I checked my notes my background was completed a day before pre-arrival services...I hope this will give a ray of hope to other people in this group
Background check - September, 2020:Your background check was completed.

I believe If you are getting MR I think it is almost done..just delaying due to office thing or covid
I believe that refers only to the criminality. Because mine says it was completed in November 2020 which is not accurate.

Reactions: Harsaint