+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Calling them will change absolutely nothing. Last time I called, the agent on the phone told me that now they can not put even a note on the file to be checked.
I was simply referring to it being faster in finding out if your security has started rather than waiting for backdated info from 30-90 day old CBSA notes.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Folks want to understand the process of switching job while waiting for PR? Applied May20. Any risks? Also cost and timelines if someone knows that. Thanks.
The work permit and PR are not directly related. Processing time and cost are not effected at all.
If you have an open work permit and pending PR application you can extend your work permit but only employer specific.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I was simply referring to it being faster in finding out if your security has started rather than waiting for backdated info from 30-90 day old CBSA notes.
When you ask IRCC about security check they have a ready answer: not our fault. I received CBSA note, completely useless, but may be someone will wake up :)

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi I'm in Canada with a new study permit, and CIC in Sydney seemed to start processing my CSQ application (they emailed AOR-like email saying I need to pay for it). I think it's strange, because I have submitted an overriding application according to PEQ graduate conditions. So I'm wondering if I paid again (I withdrew it before study permit application) could I be considered but at some point refused a PR visa because of my hypothetical conditions, meaning is the application fee worthless? FYI I'm studying at a grad school in BC.
Sydney don't process CSQ applications, that's Quebec's job.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I applied in April 2019 and still wait for Medical Exam request, anyone else on the same boat?
You shouldn't worry about the medicals. I did my first one in 2019, so they expired long time ago. So I did a second one last week.
Are your criminality and security in progress?

Reactions: monamigo

monamigo

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
You shouldn't worry about the medicals. I did my first one in 2019, so they expired long time ago. So I did a second one last week.
Are your criminality and security in progress?
I called IRCC yesterday, the agent said only eligibility passed, criminality & security are in process

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I called IRCC yesterday, the agent said only eligibility passed, criminality & security are in process
I guess they stared recently because criminality is pretty simple and fast. The bigger problem is the background check. To know more you have to order GCMS notes.

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
By the way if you have an extend travel history prepare to wait. Mine took 18 months :(
LOL! I don't think it's as straightforward as that. I had a friend with 3 pages of travel history and his was processed in 21 months . I'm sorry you had a bad experience but it's not a one size fits all.

1student993

Jul 27, 2016
Hey guys. Here is my timeline :
Application received : 03 September 2019
AOR : 24th of February 2021
Inland with outland dependant. I am seeing on the facebook group that they are sending a lot of medical requests to late September early October applicants.
Anyone else from early September 2019 with still no medical request ?

Leokun

May 25, 2018
LOL! I don't think it's as straightforward as that. I had a friend with 3 pages of travel history and his was processed in 21 months . I'm sorry you had a bad experience but it's not a one size fits all.
It depends also where you traveled and why, it's not straightforward.
You want to choose the half full glass, no problem. I hope your application get processed even faster. Good luck!