+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
What is the problem going on with outland applicants ?
  • Canadian citizens have no travel restrictions.
  • Permanent residents have no travel restrictions.
  • Temporary workers have no travel restrictions.
  • International students have no travel restrictions.
But if you are an approved permanent resident and if you want to land, it is NOT possible.
There is no justification or logical explanation of this situation.
Everybody can get sick, your legal status does not protect you or others from COVID.

As long as you have COPR, you should be able to land Canada with 14 days of quarantine.
I don't believe is just for travel. With the Covid situation, the unemployment is higher, and the government will need to take care of the people who arrive after 3 months of not found a job. I think this is the reason why they are processing the inland and not the outlands.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
I don't believe is just for travel. With the Covid situation, the unemployment is higher, and the government will need to take care of the people who arrive after 3 months of not found a job. I think this is the reason why they are processing the inland and not the outlands.
That might make sense. Thanks.

Italy

May 23, 2020
I wish they were at least processing the inland. There is progress for some summer 2019 applications, but a lot of the 2018/early 2019 are stuck.
There is a facebook group of 2018 applicants that are stuck. Most of them are inland. Nobody knows what's the reason.
@Leokun did you have news from your representative?

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
I wish they were at least processing the inland. There is progress for some summer 2019 applications, but a lot of the 2018/early 2019 are stuck.
There is a facebook group of 2018 applicants that are stuck. Most of them are inland. Nobody knows what's the reason.
I have some friends in that situation.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Yes, it's the security screening of my spose who is not accompanying. Apparently, if one member of the family is not admissible so is the rest of it. He didn't give me any deadlines. I'm at point A again after all the effort.
I'm still waiting for my CBSA notes. it's been a while.

• Sad
Reactions: Italy

Leokun

May 25, 2018
They hired 150 new agents since October last year, but probably not for Quebec's files :(

• Sad
Reactions: NaughtyGoodman

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Congrats! As long as you have COPR and passport back, you would be relieved.
Your 5 years 8 months CSQ process sounds like a real patience test.
I think after April 2021, they will lift those travelling restrictions and you could fly.

And, I see that your MR and DM durations are not that bad comparing to other applicants.
MR in 12 months, 5 days.
DM in 14 months, 12 days.

I still don't have MR even after 25 month, 7 days.

Wish you the best. Cheers.
Thank You. I was surprised to receive the CSQ update after 68 months. I stopped following in between & almost forgot abt my application. Don`t know why the federal processing was bit faster. Medical & COPR validity till in March so again the same hectic waiting game continues. Now the covid cases are in downward trend and vaccines are out so hopefully they will start processing the outland application too at good pace. 25 months + but no medical…that`s really frustrating but please don`t lose hope. I pray & hope this 2021 has some good update for you & all. Good luck.

Reactions: dearmilkyway

modkal

Oct 8, 2016
Thank You. I was surprised to receive the CSQ update after 68 months. I stopped following in between & almost forgot abt my application. Don`t know why the federal processing was bit faster. Medical & COPR validity till in March so again the same hectic waiting game continues. Now the covid cases are in downward trend and vaccines are out so hopefully they will start processing the outland application too at good pace. 25 months + but no medical…that`s really frustrating but please don`t lose hope. I pray & hope this 2021 has some good update for you & all. Good luck.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Thank you. I hope they lift those travelling limitations regarding the downward COVID cases and start processing the files of the applicants who are from late 2018 and early 2019. This is a complete limbo and a real torture for them.

Reactions: gtcan19

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you. I hope they lift those travelling limitations regarding the downward COVID cases and start processing the files of the applicants who are from late 2018 and early 2019. This is a complete limbo and a real torture for them.
Current state of QSWP applications is certainly heartbreaking for both outlands and inlands. Inlands are protesting at their level and might but until and unless Quebec government raises this issue with their federal counterpart, I don't see much hope. Not even a single press release by current government to support affected applicants by raising this issue with federal immigration minister. Totally disgusting behavior.

mrlook

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
I agree. There will be many people who will take the express entry route to get their PRs and they will settle in quebec. I have met many people doing it without any issues.

unfortunately the slow process pushes people to find work arounds within the system.

Current state of QSWP applications is certainly heartbreaking for both outlands and inlands. Inlands are protesting at their level and might but until and unless Quebec government raises this issue with their federal counterpart, I don't see much hope. Not even a single press release by current government to support affected applicants by raising this issue with federal immigration minister. Totally disgusting behavior.

Reactions: Immstu