+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Did anyone read this yet?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-announces-new-policy-to-help-former-international-students-live-in-work-in-and-continue-contributing-to-canada.html

Does it apply for Quebec residents as well and if COVID hasn’t impacted your work? I have been employed throughout my work permit and I was wondering if I can apply for this too?
Read it thoroughly, it hasn't got any exception clause anywhere. The only condition is - you held a pgwp which is expired after January 2020 or restoring status, within Canada and January 27, 2021 - July 27, 2021 is date of application, also pgwp expiring in 4 months of submission are eligible for 18 months extension. Seems irrespective of provinces to me. Let's hear what others say/interpret.
Edit : My understanding is that pgwp expiring till 27 November 2021 are covered. All the best.

Appreciate IRCC for this bold move.

Last edited:
Reactions: aeya

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Read it thoroughly, it hasn't got any exception clause anywhere. The only condition is - you held a pgwp which is expired after January 2020 or restoring status, within Canada and January 27, 2021 - July 27, 2021 is date of application, also pgwp expiring in 4 months of submission are eligible for 18 months extension. Seems irrespective of provinces to me. Let's hear what others say/interpret.
Appreciate IRCC for this bold move.
I think that includes Quebec too. The federal government is responsible for the PGWP so they can do whatever they decide without asking Quebec,

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Count 26 months since the date that you apply. I see so many people this week receiving their CORP in 23 months or less. Remember the processing time starts the date they receive your application.
I wish what you are saying is valid! I applied in July 2018, my green status line has been 100% since May 2020. During 2018 processing time was an 8 months wait and today in 2021, its 26 months wait time. My medicals expired in November 2020 although as known the COPR should have been produced before medicals expire to be able to travel to Canada. There is really no correlation to hold on in terms of how long processing takes. The only thing we aim for is patience and one day to receive the "Golden e-mail" as everyone has named it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Italy and Nadia_Zzz

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Seems like last quarter of 2018 and first quarter of 2019 getting their COPRs and DM. (With few exceptions)

Any other possible pattern we could think of for 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2019.?

Say, MR in february, COPR in march for folks from 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2019, then?? Say, with exceptions, then

Meilleurs Salutations™️
I am a 2018 applicant with no sign of COPR! I actually don't see any correlation at all with how they provide 2019 applicants COPR's before 2018 applicants!!! I know 2 other 2018 applicants with the same issue as well.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Italy and Nadia_Zzz

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I am a 2018 applicant with no sign of COPR! I actually don't see any correlation at all with how they provide 2019 applicants COPR's before 2018 applicants!!! I know 2 other 2018 applicants with the same issue as well.
I'm an September 2018 applicant and I'm in 29th month of federal process, IRCC says the concerned office has received all the required documents and the delay with the process is due to disruption of Covid-19. I don't understand ,how Covid-19 didn't disrupt 2019 applicants process? How come they receive MR ,DM and COPR ? I don't understand the way IRCC is functioning. There's a limit for one to have patience, ain't it?

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I'm an September 2018 applicant and I'm in 29th month of federal process, IRCC says the concerned office has received all the required documents and the delay with the process is due to disruption of Covid-19. I don't understand ,how Covid-19 didn't disrupt 2019 applicants process? How come they receive MR ,DM and COPR ? I don't understand the way IRCC is functioning. There's a limit for one to have patience, ain't it?
I really don't understand this either. The e-mail sent to me by IRCC said the delay is due to Covid, but when I hear 2019 applicants getting their COPR's I begin to question otherwise.

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I really don't understand this either. The e-mail sent to me by IRCC said the delay is due to Covid, but when I hear 2019 applicants getting their COPR's I begin to question otherwise.
Let's wait for a couple of months ,I believe they are getting vaccinated now and IRCC should resume its office soon.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
It can be worst. Where are you stuck?
I know you’ve been waiting longer than me. Unfortunately.

I am stuck at security step. The worst and the most unknown part. Let’s see what will my notes say.

I think the major thing that effects both of our applications is our countries/birth places.

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018

I am stuck at security step. The worst and the most unknown part. Let’s see what will my notes say.

I think the major thing that effects both of our applications is our countries/birth places.
What is yours country of birth ?

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
I'm Dec 2018 Outland applicant. Still no MR!

Reactions: Saz123

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
I wish what you are saying is valid! I applied in July 2018, my green status line has been 100% since May 2020. During 2018 processing time was an 8 months wait and today in 2021, its 26 months wait time. My medicals expired in November 2020 although as known the COPR should have been produced before medicals expire to be able to travel to Canada. There is really no correlation to hold on in terms of how long processing takes. The only thing we aim for is patience and one day to receive the "Golden e-mail" as everyone has named it.
Seems they are just processing in lands applicants and holding on Outlands!

Leokun

May 25, 2018

You should request GCMS notes form CSIS and CBSA, that will give you more information where your is file. Because your IRCC gcms will say security check in progress and noting more. If you are outland applicant they will not send your file to CSIS, only CBSA will process it. I thinks that is the slowest agency ever and they don't have any deadline.