+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
IRCC Procedure:

I am the main applicant of our PR application under the QSW program applied in July 2020, got XEP in November 2020. My husband is in UAE since august 2020 and I am in Pakistan. I have a question that after AOR do we need to be together either in Pakistan or in UAE. and, if my husband keeps living in UAE and I am in Pakistan how can the IRCC process our case. I do not want to move to the UAE due to my son's schooling.

Is there anyone who has a clear picture of it?

Paris_m

Apr 1, 2020
Hi all,

I'm a sep 2018 applicant (inland). Our medical was expired 10 days ago. I can't see any new information about extension our medical on our file.
So far, we lost thousands of dollars because of this delay....I don't want to do the medical again because it's not our problem that they don't like to work on our application or maybe they are lazy...or whatever...
They really put us in a very bad situation.

Does anyone have the same issue and could extend their medical somehow?

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Yes, already signed. Let's hope our efforts to modernize the QSWP and this petition will yield some fruits in new year.

Meanwhile, government officials are on vacation, the complaints we make using that form will give them a headstart when they come back.

Folks, now that parliamentary comitee is working really hard to modernize whole system, these complaints are really a golden opportunity to show IRCC that how their outdated policies affecting people's lives, especially for those who are already inside with their loved once.

Even if, you are not affected by old policies, you can still go ahead and submit your complaints to help other fellow applicants who are living in precarious situations (for example, lost their right to change employers or lost their right to work).

Personally, i am not affected by old policies and i don't mind waiting 3 years to get my PR card, but when i see my other freinds and people on different forums, i really feel sad for them and I wish I could help them bg contributing in these activities.

Have a nice evening folks:)

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hi all,

I'm a sep 2018 applicant (inland). Our medical was expired 10 days ago. I can't see any new information about extension our medical on our file.
So far, we lost thousands of dollars because of this delay....I don't want to do the medical again because it's not our problem that they don't like to work on our application or maybe they are lazy...or whatever...
They really put us in a very bad situation.

Does anyone have the same issue and could extend their medical somehow?
I am a July 2018 applicant (outland). My medicals expired on November 24, 2020. I e-mailed my Lawyer to check on the status after this date last Friday. Waiting for a reply. If I see an extension, I will update you. I hope soon we will get our COPR's. I believe inlands and outland are not treated similarly in terms of medical extensions as seen on this forum.

Reactions: Paris_m

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
DM today!

Federal Application Received: January 23, 2019
AOR: April 05, 2019
Biometrics: April 06, 2019
Pre-arrival letter: September 24, 2020
MR: November 30, 2020
Medical results received: December 10, 2020
DM: December 15, 2020

Last edited:

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi,
If your situation is still the same because of old policies and if you want you can still update them about your case by submitting the form.
Worth a try.
What do you mean by old policies?

The problem is when you send this form the agents who are reading them are like the agents on the phone. They just check your status and update you. If the problem is at your end, they will remind you to take action, otherwise you will have to wait. They are not the people who have the possibility to work on your file.

I update them very frequently in every l possible way. I think they are sick of me already, but I'll keep bugging them :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mauvaise_vibe

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
What do you mean by old policies?

The problem is when you send this form the agents who are reading them are like the agents on the phone. They just check your status and update you. If the problem is at your end, they will remind you to take action, otherwise you will have to wait. They are not the people who have the possibility to work on your file.

I update them very frequently in every l possible way. I think they are sick of me already, but I'll keep bugging them :)
Ok. Sorry i should have used "current policies" which are last updated in 1991 if i am not being wrong. I find those policies really really old. For example, policies on paper applications, A75 work permits, etc.
And, seems that it is not meeting the requirements of "modern" labour market.
we are investing our time and money for better life and in return we don't even get transparent reply from government departments. C'mon we are not asking for free money, all we are asking is equality, transparency and integrity.

For the forms, yes you are right they don't take it seriously on an individual level. But, i think if everyone starts sending complaints, they might look deeper into each complaints. Some people initiate this on facebook group few months ago and after that people start getting their temporary AORs, now, i am not saying that it is because of our activities but i think those mass complaints played it's role. Doesn't matter how less it was or how more. And, this is the proof that if we react in mass than we could expect positive results.

After all, these problems are real and lot of people are suffering and living in poverty just because some politicians decided not to update "policies" on QSWP for power gain.?

Edit: from my personal analysis, i could say that MPs from Québec are really doing their best to develop QSWP program's integrity and compatibility, despite the corona virus pandemic, and as a directly affected stakeholders, we should really contribute everything what we could to make a better system for future newcomers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Immstu

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
DM today!

Federal Application Received: January 23, 2019
AOR: April 05, 2019
Biometrics: April 06, 2019
Pre-arrival letter: September 24, 2020
MR: November 30, 2020
Medical results received: December 10, 2020
DM: December 15, 2020
Congrats
Are you inland or Outland?

Charlyxi

Dec 16, 2020
Hello,
I've just receive the CoPR from IRCC, ask me to send a copy of the letter and photo to IRCC Montreal-Photos CRP, for getting my first PR card I think.
Is there any online processing time for first PR card? or any tracking info? like the Federal Stage After CSQ, you can track the process on your CIC account. I just want to be sure that when they mail my card out, I won't miss it.
How long it will normally take to receive the first PR Card?

Thanks

Reactions: MS2017 and mxqc