+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
In Québec, we don't benefit from "implicit status" when applying for a work permit while waiting for PR! If he does not have a valid work permit at the moment and if his visa, too is expired, until he gets his new work permit, he is deemed to be without status. This can explain why his RAMQ isn't getting renewed.
Ramq confirmed to him that under implicit status he can renew his insurance. He escalated the matter and a supervisor replied that he's eligible.

Archi hassen

Nov 17, 2020
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
This is an endless discussion and I have nothing against outlands. First Quebec should have prioritized csq's according to skill requirements as IRCC works on quota released by Quebec. Quebec issued csq's way above quota in past. Secondly going by revenue and assimilation inlands should have been prioritized but you and me don't set the policies unfortunately.
There is no any reason to prioritize the inlander applicants. The only way to solve these issues is to prioritize the chronological order. I'm an outlander applicant with an elite French level, what Quebec needs but I'm stilling struggling since 2013 to achieve my aims! It's a chaotic, dreadful and a strange process but we should be patient. There is no anyone who is eligible to give an opinion about the priority, the only way is the order!

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
There is no any reason to prioritize the inlander applicants. The only way to solve these issues is to prioritize the chronological order. I'm an outlander applicant with an elite French level, what Quebec needs but I'm stilling struggling since 2013 to achieve my aims! It's a chaotic, dreadful and a strange process but we should be patient. There is no anyone who is eligible to give an opinion about the priority, the only way is the order!
With all due respect, there are many reasons why inland applications should be prioritized over Outland. Your elite level of French is irrelevant once you have been issued a csq. Inland applicants are working here on time constraint work permits, been paying taxes for years and already integrated into Quebec unlike Outland. These are just a few reasons out of many.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
With all due respect, there are many reasons why inland applications should be prioritized over Outland. Your elite level of French is irrelevant once you have been issued a csq. Inland applicants are working here on time constraint work permits, been paying taxes for years and already integrated into Quebec, unlike Outland. These are just a few reasons out of many.
Totally agree with you!!

I think that of those who are inland without fear of being wrong, more than 95% have jobs, they are already living in Quebec for years, they help mobilize the economy, there is no risk that if they arrive they will go to another province immediately, and how You say if you already have the CSQ, you already proved to the province that you have the required level of French, also here not only French is enough because in many jobs French is only in the interview and then everything is in English.

Those of us who are already integrated into Québec society run the risk of losing everything just because of a stuck process, if they would simply facilitate the Brigde Work Permit for those who are already inside out less stressful.

Many of us have good jobs that are around 100k but companies do not necessarily want to get involved in immigration processes due to ignorance and that person and their family could simply be left in limbo for not getting a famous A75.

Also with the one that is already inside, there are no problems with the covid and the borders.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Totally agree with you!!

I think that of those who are inland without fear of being wrong, more than 95% have jobs, they are already living in Quebec for years, they help mobilize the economy, there is no risk that if they arrive they will go to another province immediately, and how You say if you already have the CSQ, you already proved to the province that you have the required level of French, also here not only French is enough because in many jobs French is only in the interview and then everything is in English.

Those of us who are already integrated into Québec society run the risk of losing everything just because of a stuck process, if they would simply facilitate the Brigde Work Permit for those who are already inside out less stressful.

Many of us have good jobs that are around 100k but companies do not necessarily want to get involved in immigration processes due to ignorance and that person and their family could simply be left in limbo for not getting a famous A75.

Also with the one that is already inside, there are no problems with the covid and the borders.
Well expounded by you and bleachedaxe.
If Quebec genuinely wants immigrants who are well integrated and are contributing to their economy on a continual basis, they need to start with those present here and companies are always open to look outside if they can't find a resource locally.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Inland applicants get their CSQs faster than outlands with Quebec's PEQ program.
They are already prioritized.
(For ex. I applied for CSQ in Oct 2014 and got it in Nov 2018 - It took 49 months for me.)

Also, all additional points such as integration, French language, Quebec educational history, etc. give extra points to inland applicants in the CSQ stage. This is already a huge advantage.

But...
In federal processing, there are no checks for integration concerns, language, or education because these are already done in the CSQ phase by MIDI. PR processing in IRCC is normally straightforward and equal for all applicants regardless of their physical location.

So; the application should be processed in FIFO format or chronological order.
It is totally normal that an applicant who is applied 1 year before others should get his DM first.

And for we are paying our "taxes" argument;
People are paying taxes and they are getting benefits of all municipal and governmental services while they are living in Canada.
This is the cost of living and something people benefit from hospitals to post offices, subway lines to thrash collection.
Paying taxes does not make someone privileged at all, it is something everybody has to do.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
I have many arguments to write about in favor of inland applicants, but I think that we are losing the forest.
The issue is that the PR process in QC is a two-stages process and should be processed as one and no 2 separate steps with different quotas.
When QC decides to grant someone a CSQ, inland or outland, the IRCC should process these applications with the same pace as the rest of Canada and even faster as they have to check only background and medical.
But no, they prefer to separate the process, to give different quotas for annual CSQs and PRs and keep delaying and blaming each other, MIFI and IRCC.

mimunakamuna

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hey everyone, so I applied for PR November 30th 2018. AOR feb 2019.
Pre arrival services September 15 2020.
MR November 1st 2020
Medical passed November 8th 2020
now waiting...
My processing bar is 100% completed (as of September 30th 2020).
Inland applicant. Sidney office.

anyone who has a similar timeline who has received an answer?

thanks

Zydrax8

Dec 15, 2019
here’s my timeline:
INLAND, SYDNEY VO
applied Nov. 2018
Aor: feb. 2019
pre-arrival and request for police clearance: feb 2020
MR: October: 31, 2020
medical done: Nov. 4,2020
Medical passed . Nov. 17, 2020

What’s next after medical passed?

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
here’s my timeline:
applied Nov. 2018
Aor: feb. 2019
pre-arrival and request for police clearance: feb 2020
MR: October: 31, 2020
medical done: Nov. 4,2020
Medical passed . Nov. 17, 2020

What’s next after medical passed?
I also passed medical on 17th Nov which was reflected in online application yesterday and today I saw in ECAS the status change from '
In-Process' to 'Decision Made'. So keep checking ECAS for further update.

Zydrax8

Dec 15, 2019
I also passed medical on 17th Nov which was reflected in online application yesterday and today I saw in ECAS the status change from '
In-Process' to 'Decision Made'. So keep checking ECAS for further update.
that’s fast. i just checked my ecas account and it’s still in process!

Reactions: Archi hassen