+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Archi hassen

Nov 17, 2020
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
As per IRCC,The CSQ must be valid when the applicant submits an application for permanent residence to IRCC (Centralized Intake Office [CIO] in Sydney). If the applicant’s CSQ expires before the receipt of the application at the CIO, the application is incomplete and must be returned to the applicant. The applicant must submit a new application for a CSQ to MIDI. If the applicant’s CSQ is valid at the receipt of the application at the CIO, the CSQ will be considered valid until a decision is rendered on the permanent residence application by IRCC. Does it mean the AOR or the XEP can be considered as the receipt of the application?
Really, it's the AOR! But during this pandemic situation it seems that every things are changed. So, to resolve this issue IRCC has delivered a XEP number for the applicants until the official begging of the process when it will be assigned to an agent. In my opinion, all of them will be accepted and if IRCC needs an update it will do her work by sending the subsequent update for the applicants.

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
I received mine a couple of months ago by phone, others received the number yesterday by email. At the end is a number and the way of reception doesn't matter.
Anything in writting weighs more than verbal information. For those who need to renew their RAMQ, renew or apply for a new closed work permit etc., the official letter with the XEP will be useful. Anyone can say they received XEP, but unless it's in writting, it can be refuted.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Anything in writting weighs more than verbal information. For those who need to renew their RAMQ, renew or apply for a new closed work permit etc., the official letter with the XEP will be useful. Anyone can say they received XEP, but unless it's in writting, it can be refuted.
Are you sure you can renew Ramq with an XEP number coz my friend who's got the letter called to know and they said they don't know what it's.

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
Are you sure you can renew Ramq with an XEP number coz my friend who's got the letter called to know and they said they don't know what it's.
Yes! The XEP allows your friend to renew her/his work permit or to apply for a new one (employer specific, if she/he is on an open work permit). With a valid work permit, he/she will have access to RAMQ! I know people who were able to renew their RAMQ with the XEP!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Yes! The XEP allows your friend to renew her/his work permit or to apply for a new one (employer specific, if she/he is on an open work permit). With a valid work permit, he/she will have access to RAMQ! I know people who were able to renew their RAMQ with the XEP!
Okay got what you are saying.
Ramq recognizes work permit which he applied with his PR canadapost receipt and Ramq said once you have acknowledgement from IRCC of implicit status then you can contact for extension of Ramq but they don't need/know xep at all.

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
Okay got what you are saying.
Ramq recognizes work permit which he applied with his PR canadapost receipt and Ramq said once you have acknowledgement from IRCC of implicit status then you can contact for extension of Ramq but they don't need/know xep at all.
In Québec, we don't benefit from "implicit status" when applying for a work permit while waiting for PR! If he does not have a valid work permit at the moment and if his visa, too is expired, until he gets his new work permit, he is deemed to be without status. This can explain why his RAMQ isn't getting renewed.

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Unfortunately it won't go beyond that. Wait for next
It's over four months my process bar had reached 100% , no updates till now. Even with the submission of a webform their reply is like Covid-19 had disrupted the immigration services. So, we can't exactly tell you how long it's gonna take. I really don't understand them of taking in new applications when there are thousands of ones left in the inventory.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
It's over four months my process bar had reached 100% , no updates till now. Even with the submission of a webform their reply is like Covid-19 had disrupted the immigration services. So, we can't exactly tell you how long it's gonna take. I really don't understand them of taking in new applications when there are thousands of ones left in the inventory.
I understand.
Unfortunately everyone understands about their situation only. New ones are as stressed as old ones especially inlands who have got more to lose than outlands.

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I understand.
Unfortunately everyone understands about their situation only. New ones are as stressed as old ones especially inlands who have got more to lose than outlands.
There are applicants waiting since over five years, shouldn't the IRCC follow FIFO as the old ones lives are kept in lurch since over half a decade ?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
There are applicants waiting since over five years, shouldn't the IRCC follow FIFO as the old ones lives are kept in lurch since over half a decade ?
This is an endless discussion and I have nothing against outlands. First Quebec should have prioritized csq's according to skill requirements as IRCC works on quota released by Quebec. Quebec issued csq's way above quota in past. Secondly going by revenue and assimilation inlands should have been prioritized but you and me don't set the policies unfortunately.