+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I think that I already know the answer, but just to make sure... did you receive the letter by email or by post?
Email.
It is useless and the letter itself says it cannot be used for anything related to the processing. :D
The only confirmation it gives is that the package reached them, which CANADA POST did months ago :D

Reactions: Archi hassen

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
I mean ecas only shows if they received it it does not say u passed it.
webform is now taking 3 months or plus to get answer back from them lol so..
It doesn't show up on ECAS, but it shows up on your online account (GC Key page)
It says "Medical exams approved on *date* "

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Email.
It is useless and the letter itself says it cannot be used for anything related to the processing. :D
The only confirmation it gives is that the package reached them, which CANADA POST did months ago :D
It does not mean that it has no use. With the XEP I was able to update my family's passports and if you need to make an update with this number you can do it.

Reactions: mhlee1710

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
It does not mean that it has no use. With the XEP I was able to update my family's passports and if you need to make an update with this number you can do it.
I second this. It’s not completely useless. The agent I talked to told me that this means some agent has actually opened your profile and quickly checked for any missing documents or forms. She said it doesn’t give a 100 percent completeness check but at least your file won’t be returned. Also you can use it to extend your work permit.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
What does XEP email look like? Is it attached as PDF or text in email?
I received mine a couple of months ago by phone, others received the number yesterday by email. At the end is a number and the way of reception doesn't matter.

faheemabrar

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
QSW
One of the facebook groups (Où sont nos dossiers de Residences Permanentes - Québec?) associated with demanding more information for delayed PR applications recently had a post which detailed a call between the MIFI and some group members. The summary points of those calls are as follows (please take all info with a grain of salt, as the group is not an official source) -

• MIFI is aware of the situation and working with IRCC to find a solution
  • MIFI inquired about the closed work permits (A75) and wanted to know about the grievances surrounding the permit
  • MIFI suggested asking IRCC to send an AOR as soon as possible, and then send complete file validation afterwards.
  • MIFI said they will discuss with IRCC about the expired CSQs - they commented that IRCC should take into account the actual date of receipt of the file to determine the validity of the CSQ, and not the date of validation of the files.
  • Finally, MIFI asked IRCC to urgently process the requests of people already established in Quebec.

Again, please take these information with a grain of salt, but keep your hopes up!

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
One of the facebook groups (Où sont nos dossiers de Residences Permanentes - Québec?) associated with demanding more information for delayed PR applications recently had a post which detailed a call between the MIFI and some group members. The summary points of those calls are as follows (please take all info with a grain of salt, as the group is not an official source) -

• MIFI is aware of the situation and working with IRCC to find a solution
  • MIFI inquired about the closed work permits (A75) and wanted to know about the grievances surrounding the permit
  • MIFI suggested asking IRCC to send an AOR as soon as possible, and then send complete file validation afterwards.
  • MIFI said they will discuss with IRCC about the expired CSQs - they commented that IRCC should take into account the actual date of receipt of the file to determine the validity of the CSQ, and not the date of validation of the files.
  • Finally, MIFI asked IRCC to urgently process the requests of people already established in Quebec.

Again, please take these information with a grain of salt, but keep your hopes up!
so what happens in a scenario where my CSQ expires in August 2021 and my closed work permit expires in September 2022, and if i dont get AOR before my CSQ expires?

Reactions: Archi hassen

RK2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
so what happens in a scenario where my CSQ expires in August 2021 and my closed work permit expires in September 2022, and if i dont get AOR before my CSQ expires?
Thats future simulated question. but what the news provided by faheemabrar is the progress someone made in light by talking proactively with MIFI on behalf all of us. Lets hope IRCC will speed up applications based on MIFI's priorities.

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
As per IRCC,The CSQ must be valid when the applicant submits an application for permanent residence to IRCC (Centralized Intake Office [CIO] in Sydney). If the applicant’s CSQ expires before the receipt of the application at the CIO, the application is incomplete and must be returned to the applicant. The applicant must submit a new application for a CSQ to MIDI. If the applicant’s CSQ is valid at the receipt of the application at the CIO, the CSQ will be considered valid until a decision is rendered on the permanent residence application by IRCC. Does it mean the AOR or the XEP can be considered as the receipt of the application?

Archi hassen

Nov 17, 2020
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
My CSQ will expire in a few days, exactly in 21 novembre. It stills available during the process. Don't care about that.