+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hey guys, I did my medical on last fri n i saw a lot of ppl doing medical on the same day but the funny thing is i was the only one who paid for the fee... i assume the refugees or asylum seeker dont need to pay for it ? So we can actually see canadian gouvernement prioritizes refugees and asylum seeker.. as i was only one who paid the fee.
With the new announcement, all inlands as students, temporary workers and asylum seekers are bound to get PR. Federal government is gonna dole out the process soon but those in Quebec aren't entitled to it.

m-s

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
With the new announcement, all inlands as students, temporary workers and asylum seekers are bound to get PR. Federal government is gonna dole out the process soon but those in Quebec aren't entitled to it.
could you give me a favor and link the announcement plz

Behnam08

Nov 14, 2020
congratulation I hope Sydney ofgice give MR soon to outland applicant, mine it us almost past about 9 months receiving Pre arrival letter but still waiting for MR
Due to COVID-19, all normal processes had affected since 9 months. I think the train is on the rail again. Hope hearing good news from Sydney office.

Emoz

Star Member
May 1, 2020
Finally received COPR with passport today. A very long journey coming to an end. 5 years 8 months for CSQ and 20 months in federal processing…almost like a double graduation. COPR validity till March. Hope for some ease in restriction early next year. Everyone having hard time but we need some more patience. Thank you everyone for all the guidance & support. Good luck to all. Stay safe.
Congratulation
Are you inland or outland ?
If you outland are you allowed to travel to Canada now ? And what happen if the csq expired before restrictions are not finished ?

Reactions: gtcan19

Qxx1

Oct 29, 2015
something off topic for this thread...after this PR thing is over (whenever that happens) what will be the best way to bring our spouse?
If I sponsor my spouse while I am living in QC, will she be required to get CSQ and work permit before getting the PR ? that will take years again..
or I will have to move out of QC and then sponsor for saving time.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Congratulation
Are you inland or outland ?
If you outland are you allowed to travel to Canada now ? And what happen if the csq expired before restrictions are not finished ?
Thank You Emoz. I am outland applicant. My details in signature below. I am not allowed to travel now. COPR validity is till March so I hope & pray there will be some changes in travel restriction early next year. You need to apply before CSQ expires. It wouldn`t matter if it expires in between the process. BTW, My CSQ is already expired couple of months back.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
For federal stage after CSQ can we submit PCC upfront with the application or do we only have to submit it when requested by immigration officer? Just wanted to know the feasibility if that helps to save some time.

Thank you
As per my experience it helps if you submit that along with the application. I submitted PCC on the time of application. I am not sure if PCC expires or not but the process to obtain the PCC is very simple & cost is minimal. I provided 2 PCC in my application. One country provided that via email without any charges in 4 working days and other country provided that for $5 in 7 working days. Some countries rule & Cost might differ but it will definitely help to save some time of your application process.

jackyromma

Jun 23, 2020
Hi All
We received an email from the immigration office yesterday
Asked:
Can we land in Canada in 60 days? and can we book an air ticket?
Does this show we have a pass request?

Federal application: 2019/3/12
Started processing: 2019/5/30
Biometry: 2019/6/19
Pre-Arrival: 2019/8/23
Update Email: 2019/10/18
Medical Passed: 2019/10/24
Hi, maybe they will give you authorization letter for entring with COPR at the same time. please remember share the status, thank a lot.

Reactions: Archi hassen

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
For federal stage after CSQ can we submit PCC upfront with the application or do we only have to submit it when requested by immigration officer? Just wanted to know the feasibility if that helps to save some time.

Thank you
It is mentioned in the checklist that you need to send your PCC with the application (excluding canadian one).

Reactions: aeya