+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
That’s a recipe for refusal. If you want to consider the express entry option, would be best if you move to that province first and surrender your csq. That way you will be able to convince the officer about your intention of leaving Quebec.
Right now I am in India. If i am not wrong you mean - I can still apply for NS PNP and there is no impact on CSQ.
If my NS PNP approves then I can apply for Express entry and get the PR. and Once I landed in NS then I have to surrender CSQ.

pivoman

Jan 26, 2020
I checked ECAS after ghost update and it was nothing. Later in 1 week, there was another ghost update that changed medical checkup passed date from february to november 2020. On November 5, i checked again ECAS and status changed from "In process" to DM (we received you medical checkup). Does anybody know when cic update will come? Is it really DM or it just step that they received my medical checkup?
Just got email that we are going receive CORP and that need to send passport and photos for visa. Does anyone know CORP is by mail or email? How long need to wait for CORP after DM?

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Right now I am in India. If i am not wrong you mean - I can still apply for NS PNP and there is no impact on CSQ.
If my NS PNP approves then I can apply for Express entry and get the PR. and Once I landed in NS then I have to surrender CSQ.
No, what i meant was you surrender your csq even before applying for your PR.

Reactions: aeya

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hello everyone. I contacted IRCC some days ago since we will reach our 28th month tomorrow and the status of the file has been the same since August 2020: background check completed, criminality in progress, and security not started.

The file has been at this stage for almost four months so I was wondering if anyone knows how long this process would normally take before Covid -I guess that is causing even more delays.

I would appreciate any insights on this.
Thanks!

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello everyone. I contacted IRCC some days ago since we will reach our 28th month tomorrow and the status of the file has been the same since August 2020: background check completed, criminality in progress, and security not started.

The file has been at this stage for almost four months so I was wondering if anyone knows how long this process would normally take before Covid -I guess that is causing even more delays.

Thanks!
So, what did they say ?

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
So, what did they say ?
They always say the same thing: that the file is at the stage I mentioned in my comment, that they realize there is a delay since I am at 28 months, that they do not know how long the criminal process takes and/or when it will be completed, and that they don’t know when will the security start and how long will it take. They said before Covid could take up to two months but now they don’t know

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020

Thanks!
It is very difficult to point out the duration as each application seems to run differently. From observing the different comments on this forum, I see that the 2018 applications are delayed incredibly. I have seen people that applied in 2019 and got their PR's while many 2018's are still waiting. I applied in July 2018 and my medical was approved on November 24, 2019 and Police certificates sent in December 2019 and up to this date still waiting for DM. I am afraid that my medical would expire and don't know what IRCC has in their mind for expired medicals which are beyond of our control. I hope things go smooth and fast and end up getting our DM's before our medicals expire.

m-s

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020

Thanks!
How you understand that your criminal started but your security is not started cause in gc key account all security and background are in one option
thnx

Last edited:

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
They always say the same thing: that the file is at the stage I mentioned in my comment, that they realize there is a delay since I am at 28 months, that they do not know how long the criminal process takes and/or when it will be completed, and that they don’t know when will the security start and how long will it take. They said before Covid could take up to two months but now they don’t know
I think background n criminality checks really depend on which country u from. I have a friend working for immigration n she told me the immigration agent in canada literally needs to contact the agent in whichever country you from. So if ur government is slow then... prob it will take more.

Reactions: anapaulap