+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello All,

I need your guidance to make a correct decision on my situation below -
I am holding valid CSQ but not applied for paper PR yet. A few days ago I got a Nova Scotia PNP from Express entry profile. Kindly please advise -
Should I apply for NS PNP?
Will I have to surrender CSQ if I accept the PNP nomination?

My concern is the PNP approval stage, what happens if the documents are NOT approved? What about the CSQ then?
Please throw some insight on how this process works?

Thanks in advance.

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi everyone, updating my timeline.

Applied Feb 14 2019
AOR April 19 2019
Pre arrival mail : March 9 2020
MR Nov 9 2020
Inland applicant, Sydney office. Single applicant.

could some one tell what is the avg processing times after receiving MR.
2-6 months to receive the request for passports for visa issuance.

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020

Applied Feb 14 2019
AOR April 19 2019
MR Nov 9 2020

Unfortunately, it's difficult to say. Many people from 2018 did their medical last year and either received their PR recently or are still waiting. It's always at the own discretion of the agent in charge. Let's hope in your case, it gets processed quicker!

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019

Applied Feb 14 2019
AOR April 19 2019
MR Nov 9 2020

Lately, as I can see in some differents Facebook groups is taking around 2 months after the medical pass. I wish you'll have the same.

Paris_m

Apr 1, 2020
Unfortunately, it's difficult to say. Many people from 2018 did their medical last year and either received their PR recently or are still waiting. It's always at the own discretion of the agent in charge. Let's hope in your case, it gets processed quicker!
Just like us. It's been 26 months that we are waiting. We did our medical last year (Dec 2019) and still nothing.:) I'm not optimistic anymore to get our PR anytime soon.

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
Just like us. It's been 26 months that we are waiting. We did our medical last year (Dec 2019) and still nothing.:) I'm not optimistic anymore to get our PR anytime soon.
When the province has already selected us, I don't understand why at the federal level it takes so long. Medical should have been upfront. Let's be realistic, the doctors already inform IRCC about our health conditions. The agent only needs to send us an update saying we passed which should not take months. When it comes to background checks, again how come for those under EE, ALL steps take 6 months and for QSW, the same steps are taking over 26 months.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Yes you are right. Am still waiting for PR, since Nov 2019 after my medical was approved. I hope we hear good news fast.

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello All,

I need your guidance to make a correct decision on my situation below -
I am holding valid CSQ but not applied for paper PR yet. A few days ago I got a Nova Scotia PNP from Express entry profile. Kindly please advise -
Should I apply for NS PNP?
Will I have to surrender CSQ if I accept the PNP nomination?

My concern is the PNP approval stage, what happens if the documents are NOT approved? What about the CSQ then?
Please throw some insight on how this process works?

Thanks in advance.
Hello experts - please let me know your thoughts!

Reactions: pivoman

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
if I were in your situation, I would go for PnP as Express Entry moves faster compare to CSQ & keep the CSQ without surrendering.
That’s a recipe for refusal. If you want to consider the express entry option, would be best if you move to that province first and surrender your csq. That way you will be able to convince the officer about your intention of leaving Quebec.

Reactions: Immstu

pivoman

Jan 26, 2020
I think if you check on ecas , maybe there will possibly be "decision made" or just send webform to ask them and later Passport request because your MR is nearly expired. Hope everything goes well
I checked ECAS after ghost update and it was nothing. Later in 1 week, there was another ghost update that changed medical checkup passed date from february to november 2020. On November 5, i checked again ECAS and status changed from "In process" to DM (we received you medical checkup). Does anybody know when cic update will come? Is it really DM or it just step that they received my medical checkup?