+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
That was before they stopped giving AORs however...unfortunately I would brace myself for some 30-35 months processing time nowadays due to the tremendous backlog
I don't even want to think about that. This is extremely ridiculous even for these guys. I think that we are getting closer to a reform. I don't know what kind and how it would affect us.

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
As much as I could understand it, government wants to make money off migrants and also keep their electorate happy by showing reduced number of PR's. But this is a fraud with those that they gave CSQ to.
Is
I don't even want to think about that. This is extremely ridiculous even for these guys. I think that we are getting closer to a reform. I don't know what kind and how it would affect us.
am not sure if they restructure the whole process would be in favor of applicants. The cue is almost fed up with late 2018, all 2019 and 2020 applicants and 2021 is at the doorstep! Yet they are not giving away PRs and the right pace. What makes me crazy is that express entry and other programs are moving on and still being processed much faster that QSW. I do hope they would take the right actions and work QSW out ASAP. I wish all of us the best

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I will share my point. I have heard from some people that their cases have been treated as pilots in order to speed up processing times.

Since 2015, Canada implemented Express Entry with the objective of processing applications in less than 6 months, but Quebec was not part of that process.

Since that time, Quebec treated the QSW cases including the CSQ in approximately 4 years, which gives us to understand that the waiting list or accumulated work was long. From what I see in some cases of people who share their 2017-2018 application times since the AOR was issued until they had any additional information again, more than 1 year passed and after that, the process was carried out in approximately 6 months.

As I read at some point when this thing about the issuance of AOR's had stopped so that the federal part could process our applications in times similar to those of Express Entry, then for me it makes some sense. Already today I saw a case in a Facebook group where someone who applied in July of last year (received the AOR in August 2019) and they are already asking him to update the criminal record for him and his wife, which indicates that they (Sydney office) are already close to the dates where the AOR's ended.

So I hope that soon they can continue with the broadcast of the AOR's and that the process is quick.

The federal part says that the processing time is from the date they receive the applications and they have the ability to process applications in a short time. So for those of us who have called and they have confirmed the reception date and have donated a XEP number, we must be calm and we will see that our cases will be completed soon.
I submitted my application in Aug2020. After how many month, I should try to get for XEP number? What would you suggest?

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
I submitted my application in Aug2020. After how many month, I should try to get for XEP number? What would you suggest?
You can have the XEP number in around 3 months, but it will depend on the immigration officer that you contact through the phone. I will suggest you ask him that you need to update a form and maybe they can give you the XEP number.

Reactions: memdan

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Are there any late 2018 or early 2019 applicants who got MR recently?

I’ve raised a web form last week, did not get any feedback at all. I even did not get an automated message reply. Tragic.

I again asked for my GCMS notes.
At least, this clogged unit is obliged to give feedback to it.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Are there any late 2018 or early 2019 applicants who got MR recently?

I’ve raised a web form last week, did not get any feedback at all. I even did not get an automated message reply. Tragic.

I again asked for my GCMS notes.
At least, this clogged unit is obliged to give feedback to it.
I've seen october 2018 applicants who received MR

Reactions: dearmilkyway