+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Feb 21, 2019
Hi guys,

Is there anyone who contacted MP of their borough regarding PR?

I am an August 2019 applicant and I wrote an e-mail to MP to track my application status.

Here is what I received:
The initial assessment to ensure your constituent's application is complete, is still in process.

First, I felt relieved as I misunderstood that the initial assessment of my application was complete meaning IRCC won't return my application.
However, after reading the sentence multiple times, I was in despair as it means IRCC didn't even open my file until now which has passed over 1 year from the delivery date of my application and there is still a possibility that IRCC might return my application.

I wonder if there is anyone who submitted PR application under QSW and entered the Express Entry pool at the same time.

I hope the hearsay about agents back to work in September is true and I hope we all get good news from IRCC, AOR at least.

Fingers crossed for all of us.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Nops, I am exempt from Biometrics because I am Inland and applied in early 2019. Its written in my GCMS notes that the applicant is exempt from Biometrics.
Good news, can you share the part of your GCMS notes with that information??
Thanks

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I have a question that bothers me too much, that how come it is possible that without the clear instructions from either the Immigration minister or prime minister the file agents for Quebec applicant didn't process the file. As same agent process the file in less than 11 months in 2017, 2018.

So there should be something fishy inside the department that nobody is telling us, either writing the emails to the MPs wouldn't make any difference yet.

PU12

May 17, 2019
Hi Folks,
I got my CSQ last Feb 2020.. Submitted my paper application by mid of last April 2020.. No news regarding my application status since that, not even sure it’s received by them or not ...
Is this normal please?
Thanks

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I have a question that bothers me too much, that how come it is possible that without the clear instructions from either the Immigration minister or prime minister the file agents for Quebec applicant didn't process the file. As same agent process the file in less than 11 months in 2017, 2018.

So there should be something fishy inside the department that nobody is telling us, either writing the emails to the MPs wouldn't make any difference yet.
I don't understand your question, what do you mean by clear instructions?

I believe that MP can make a difference but not a miracle. It depends where you are stuck, but IRCC are forced to give more information than the standard letter - wait. You need to pass the official proceeding time before seeking assistance.

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
Hello everyone!
I have sent my application in March 2020
For PR. I understand Quebec's immigration process is different compared to other provinces. However, if IRCC can finalize PR application in 6 months (for express entry), clearly if for Québec as well such a program is introduced, we will not have to wait 2-3 years just to get PR. Especially, since in QC, BOWP is not even an option while waiting for PR.

I got nothing against outland applicants, but while travel restrictions are in place and considering that there're a huge number of inland applicants, I think priority could be given to inland applicants. Also, since inland applicants need to find ways to maintain a legal status here.

Maybe, we could all start getting in touch with media or the immigration minister to see what can be done.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Hello everyone!
I have sent my application in March 2020
For PR. I understand Quebec's immigration process is different compared to other provinces. However, if IRCC can finalize PR application in 6 months (for express entry), clearly if for Québec as well such a program is introduced, we will not have to wait 2-3 years just to get PR. Especially, since in QC, BOWP is not even an option while waiting for PR.

I got nothing against outland applicants, but while travel restrictions are in place and considering that there're a huge number of inland applicants, I think priority could be given to inland applicants. Also, since inland applicants need to find ways to maintain a legal status here.

Maybe, we could all start getting in touch with media or the immigration minister to see what can be done.
There are NO travel restrictions for the people who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents.

Qxx1

Oct 29, 2015
Some update I would like to share..some good news
My friend had applied for PR (QSW) in March 2018 and he just received medical request today!!

Finally (and hopefully) they started processing paper based applications (! ?)

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
My friend had applied for PR (QSW) in March 2018 and he just received medical request today!!

Thanks for the information.
As I understand, your friend got MR in his/her 30th month. Wow!
Congratulate your friend on behalf of me, that’s a real challenge of patience.

Loog

Jul 17, 2020

Congratulations to you friend.
Please can you share with us his/her timeline?

And also i would like to know his/her CVO (Canada Visa Office)

Thanks.

Last edited:

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019

He is inland or outland applicant?

Df.Set

Apr 26, 2020
LOCAL OFFICE OF QUEBEC IMMIGRATION ARE NOT OPENED ! SO THERE IS NO ANY TRAITEMENT ON THE FILES!
THEY WILL OPEN WHEN THE SITUATION CONVID-19 WILL END!
SO PREPARE FOR THE NEXT YEAR AND IF....

(THERE IS ONLY
25% STAFF THAT IS WORKING FOR THE PROCESSINGS OF FILES.. FROM HOME NOTHING ELSE)
IS MUCH EASIER FOR AN OUTLAND INSTEAD OF A INLAND APPLICANT BECAUSE TO THEIR COUNTRIES OFFICES WORKING
BUT NOT IN QUEBEC!)

Ps: YOU CAN CALL IMMI AND YOU CAN CONFIRM IT!! (THEY JUST TOLD US) +1 888-242-2100

Last edited:

Baha16

Jul 31, 2020
LOCAL OFFICE OF QUEBEC IMMIGRATION ARE NOT OPENED ! SO THERE IS NO ANY TRAITEMENT ON THE FILES!
THEY WILL OPEN WHEN THE SITUATION CONVID-19 WILL END!
SO PREPARE FOR THE NEXT YEAR AND IF....

(THERE IS ONLY
25% STAFF THAT IS WORKING FOR THE PROCESSINGS OF FILES.. FROM HOME NOTHING ELSE)
IS MUCH EASIER FOR AN OUTLAND INSTEAD OF A INLAND APPLICANT BECAUSE TO THEIR COUNTRIES OFFICES WORKING
BUT NOT IN QUEBEC!)

Ps: YOU CAN CALL IMMI AND YOU CAN CONFIRM IT!! (THEY JUST TOLD US) +1 888-242-2100
This is Nonsense and it's not true even if they told you that over the phone.
Based on the government website which they update monthly number of PR granted these are the numbers for this year for Quebec Skilled worker (PEQ, REG) :
JAN: 1585
FEB: 1365
MAR: 960
APR: 120
MAY: 350
JUNE: 435
Obviously they're not working in full capacity BUT FOR SURE THEY ARE OPERATING.
AND These numbers are for all the immigration programs in Quebec which they grant PR:
JAN: 3195
FEB: 2810
MAR: 1960
APR: 195
MAY: 1425
JUNE: 1365
How they prioritize the applications is unknown but they're working even during the peak of pandemic.
Source: https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/f7e5498e-0ad8-4417-85c9-9b8aff9b9eda

PROCT18

Aug 3, 2020
This is Nonsense and it's not true even if they told you that over the phone.
Based on the government website which they update monthly number of PR granted these are the numbers for this year for Quebec Skilled worker (PEQ, REG) :
JAN: 1585
FEB: 1365
MAR: 960
APR: 120
MAY: 350
JUNE: 435
Obviously they're not working in full capacity BUT FOR SURE THEY ARE OPERATING.
AND These numbers are for all the immigration programs in Quebec which they grant PR:
JAN: 3195
FEB: 2810
MAR: 1960
APR: 195
MAY: 1425
JUNE: 1365
How they prioritize the applications is unknown but they're working even during the peak of pandemic.
Source: https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/f7e5498e-0ad8-4417-85c9-9b8aff9b9eda
Agree, Quebec in the middle of things is behaving reasonably issuing stuff. The big problem are the Feds in Sydney which have been out of the office. Might be worth checking if they came back