+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Emoz

Star Member
May 1, 2020
Is there anyone here that applied for a regular PR in October 2018 and received medical instructions? I expect covid to add delays but I'm just curious as they did resume work in June and the 22 month processing time would push them to give priority for applications from October 2 years ago.
Iam in October 2018 and no medical yet

RamC

May 3, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
24-01-2020
Has anyone here try to get their local MPs to help? Do you know if it works?
There is a French-language Facebook group that drafted a letter about our situation (waiting for AORs) and had group members send it to their MP. I think the letter was finalized and people started sending it out sometime last week. People are starting to post the responses they receive in the group. Some MPs are saying they will try to help, I think.

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

This is my first post but I've been reading the forum since last year and I'm under stress due to the interminable delays and my current status in Canada with a Postgraduate work permit which will expire in June 2021.
As my file is starting to have some activities these days after 2 years of no activities, I'm sharing my dates.

November 2001 Applied CSQ from the US.
January 2002 Received CSQ and sent Fed application in Buffalo NY.
April 2002 MR.
June 2002 I became PR.
June 2005 Applied for citizenship and had to leave Canada for family issues.
December 2006 Received Invitation for citizenship but couldn't return to Montreal.
June 2014 Applied CSQ via QSW having sufficient points.
September 2014 MIDI rejected my application due to an expired IELTS (wth!?) despite the IELTS wasn't mandatory.

August 2016 Applied for Study Permit and started studies in Montreal.
June 2018 Graduated and applied for CSQ via PEQ.
July 2018 Received CSQ in 1 month.
August 2018 sent Fed application in Sydney NS.
October 2018 Letter of Acknowledgment received.
July 2020 MR + updates Schedule A + PC.
The next day went to the clinic for Medical Exam.

I hope we're near the end of the journey, thanks God I meditate to empty my mind and handle the waiting time. It is a long journey but I don't give up.
Oh wow, does this mean that Sydney is still processing applications?

I have the exact same timeline as you, applied for Federal in August 2018 to Syndney NS but I have yet to receive a MR... When in July did you receive your MR?

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Iam in October 2018 and no medical yet
How unfair they are... u completed the 22 months and no MR yet, however some other applicants who are into their 19th/20th month have already received it! I hope u hear from them soon. Gd luck

Reactions: Emoz

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
There is a French-language Facebook group that drafted a letter about our situation (waiting for AORs) and had group members send it to their MP. I think the letter was finalized and people started sending it out sometime last week. People are starting to post the responses they receive in the group. Some MPs are saying they will try to help, I think.

MPs help even if you did not vote for them? (As you are not a citizen yet) :) In india unless you bring bunch of votes to the table your request will not reach MPs office.

Reactions: RamC

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
How unfair they are... u completed the 22 months and no MR yet, however some other applicants who are into their 19th/20th month have already received it! I hope u hear from them soon. Gd luck
I saw some outland QSW applicants who got their PRs in their 10th and 11th months - in this forum. 10 months is even faster than EE.
And please stop believing this 22 months average processing time (LIE !) anymore.

Let me prove that 22 months is a total nonsense.

How much was the estimated processing time before COVID pandemic ? - on February -> 22 months
What is the estimated processing time announced today -> 22 months

Funny, is not it?

RamC

May 3, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
24-01-2020
MPs help even if you did not vote for them? (As you are not a citizen yet) :) In india unless you bring bunch of votes to the table your request will not reach MPs office.
Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing! But maybe it's because we will all probably be able to vote in the next federal election (2023). Also, each MP in Canada represents ~110,000 people on average, while in India the average is ~2.5 million! So I guess the Canadian MPs just have more time to give to each resident of their riding.

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm completely lost in chaotic way the immigration are processing the files. People are living in this country for years, people with medical background are waiting and waiting for so long. And yet they decide to give PR to someone after 16 month from other part of the world in this pandemic times and destabilized economy. I truly don't get it anymore.
I am not sure if this happened intentionally, there are many factors and circumstances that we are not aware of...… I guess the best way here is to be optimistic and to look at the bright side of the situation (being in Canada during these time for example) and be a bit patient since we are all here affected by the Quebec processing time as well as the Covid-19 delay!

Good luck to everyone and stay safe....

Reactions: aeya

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I'm wondering if doing the following makes any sense for me...

VO: Sydney, NS
Federal APP/AOR: August 2018
Pre-arrival: December 2019
Schedule A/PCC: January 2020

Now I'm still waiting for MR and it's been over 24 months...

Does it make sense to withdraw my QSW application and apply for Express Entry instead? Or am I being too impatient here? Thing is we don't know when the Sydney office will be fully staffed again, if it's greater than 6 months then applying for EE might make more sense than waiting...

Citizens10

May 6, 2020

Does it make sense to withdraw my QSW application and apply for Express Entry instead? Or am I being too impatient here? Thing is we don't know when the Sydney office will be fully staffed again, if it's greater than 6 months then applying for EE might make more sense than waiting...
I believe EE applicants are having the same extremely slow processing and extended delays as well.

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I believe EE applicants are having the same extremely slow processing and extended delays as well.
Hmm, any sources for that? My understanding is that the QSW applications are delayed so much because they're paper applications and the immigration agents are unable to take them home due to privacy issues. This is different than EE since it's all an online application.

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
Hmm, any sources for that? My understanding is that the QSW applications are delayed so much because they're paper applications and the immigration agents are unable to take them home due to privacy issues. This is different than EE since it's all an online application.
Source? There are a few forums for EE applicants on this website as well and they have similar issues(without the same multi years processing times of course).
I doubt cic would be 100% operational when they know borders are still closed between countries so they will work on fewer files before they reopen borders to avoid having a massive influx of people coming at once when international travel is allowed. Housing(and labour market) in any city won't be able to absorb 50k+ people coming at once. They are not willing to welcome immigrants yet.
Any other reason they are pushing forward is just smokescreen. They could get more people back to office amongst multiple other doable solutions to get back on track asap but they don't...

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016

I've heard they'll be fully staffed in September. It may be only a rumor tho, idk.

Either way, you're almost there. You've already passed the 22 average, meaning that whenever Sydney Office restores their activities, your application should be one of their priorities.
I'm in the 20th month now and I already thought about it, but I don't think it worth starting over with another application knowing things can change anytime (what if there's a second Covid-19 wave and delays all the processes?) and it can get way worse if I become a new applicant again.