+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Congratulations niki and ur wife as well. Do u know why ur case is done faster than others? You or your wife working in essential jobs for covid or something ?
I'm a health care worker, I had crossed the 23 month process time .Two months back when I submitted webform, visa officer replied me to say that they'll finalise my file ASAP since then no MR , no updates. I don't know whether they are actually issuing PR's on need basis.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I'm a health care worker, I had crossed the 23 month process time .Two months back when I submitted webform, visa officer replied me to say that they'll finalise my file ASAP since then no MR , no updates. I don't know whether they are actually issuing PR's on need basis.
As Nikhil said IRCC is quite random and it's more a game of luck than pattern analysis. Hope you get it soon. All the best

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Congratulations niki and ur wife as well. Do u know why ur case is done faster than others? You or your wife working in essential jobs for covid or something ?
Nop, both of us are non essential workers. I did not complicate my files at all. All my travel details were correct with no gaps. There was no extra documentation when I submitted my application.

What helped maybe ( guessing) is that I have a lot of history with CIC. I came to Canada on an LMIA temporary work permit from the US (H1B visa), I renewed work permit 2 times etc. Maybe they looked at all those histories and thought they will give this guy a pass.

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
There are speculations about prearrival letter that could mean DM is near, but some applicants received it before MR.
I don't think it's a very important step!
I have received it in March 2020, yet no MR. It indeed does not mean anything.

Reactions: ArNo84

Steph777CA

Aug 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

This is my first post but I've been reading the forum since last year and I'm under stress due to the interminable delays and my current status in Canada with a Postgraduate work permit which will expire in June 2021.
As my file is starting to have some activities these days after 2 years of no activities, I'm sharing my dates.

November 2001 Applied CSQ from the US.
January 2002 Received CSQ and sent Fed application in Buffalo NY.
April 2002 MR.
June 2002 I became PR.
June 2005 Applied for citizenship and had to leave Canada for family issues.
December 2006 Received Invitation for citizenship but couldn't return to Montreal.
June 2014 Applied CSQ via QSW having sufficient points.
September 2014 MIDI rejected my application due to an expired IELTS (wth!?) despite the IELTS wasn't mandatory.

August 2016 Applied for Study Permit and started studies in Montreal.
June 2018 Graduated and applied for CSQ via PEQ.
July 2018 Received CSQ in 1 month.
August 2018 sent Fed application in Sydney NS.
October 2018 Letter of Acknowledgment received.
July 2020 MR + updates Schedule A + PC.
The next day went to the clinic for Medical Exam.

I hope we're near the end of the journey, thanks God I meditate to empty my mind and handle the waiting time. It is a long journey but I don't give up.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hi everyone,

This is my first post but I've been reading the forum since last year and I'm under stress due to the interminable delays and my current status in Canada with a Postgraduate work permit which will expire in June 2021.
As my file is starting to have some activities these days after 2 years of no activities, I'm sharing my dates.

November 2001 Applied CSQ from the US.
January 2002 Received CSQ and sent Fed application in Buffalo NY.
April 2002 MR.
June 2002 I became PR.
June 2005 Applied for citizenship and had to leave Canada for family issues.
December 2006 Received Invitation for citizenship but couldn't return to Montreal.
June 2014 Applied CSQ via QSW having sufficient points.
September 2014 MIDI rejected my application due to an expired IELTS (wth!?) despite the IELTS wasn't mandatory.

August 2016 Applied for Study Permit and started studies in Montreal.
June 2018 Graduated and applied for CSQ via PEQ.
July 2018 Received CSQ in 1 month.
August 2018 sent Fed application in Sydney NS.
October 2018 Letter of Acknowledgment received.
July 2020 MR + updates Schedule A + PC.
The next day went to the clinic for Medical Exam.

I hope we're near the end of the journey, thanks God I meditate to empty my mind and handle the waiting time. It is a long journey but I don't give up.
> July 2020 MR + updates Schedule A + PC

Thats a good sign. I also got similar but with RPRF+Schedule A+Medical. They are going to start background check for you and if medical passed, something good will happen within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I'm completely lost in chaotic way the immigration are processing the files. People are living in this country for years, people with medical background are waiting and waiting for so long. And yet they decide to give PR to someone after 16 month from other part of the world in this pandemic times and destabilized economy. I truly don't get it anymore.

RamC

May 3, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
24-01-2020
Not sure if anyone already answered this question to you but for the applicants with US addresses, the applications are going to be distributed to CPC Ottawa for further processing just like all inland applicants' so technically it won't change anything if you switch your address to Canada but I do encourage you to do so since the guidance always asks us to update everything to the latest.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html

If you already had AOR, just simply change it from the online tool, if not, you could contact IRCC by web form. Hope this clarifies a bit.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa&lang=en
Thanks, this is very helpful! I didn't know that US and inland applications get processed in the same place. I will update my address with the webform.

RamC

May 3, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
24-01-2020
Hello guys !
I need your help regarding form imm008 , as I am married but i applied for csq without accompanying my spouse . Now when I am filling this form imm008 there is question regarding family members. I read about it , it will be two whether my spouse is accompanying or not , but when I am adding my spouse as a dependent in this form , there is question will you accompanying the principal applicant or not ?
as my spouse is already here on work permit .
so what should I fill there yes or no ?

I am in a similar situation. My partner is already in Canada on a study permit. So I chose "no" because I interpreted "accompanying" as meaning that you are also requesting PR for the spouse. But I'm not certain that my interpretation is correct.

Jun 4, 2020
Is there anyone here that applied for a regular PR in October 2018 and received medical instructions? I expect covid to add delays but I'm just curious as they did resume work in June and the 22 month processing time would push them to give priority for applications from October 2 years ago.

Reactions: Lorena Marins

RamC

May 3, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
24-01-2020
I recently found out that non-PGWP open work permit holders in Quebec are eligible for RAMQ if they have applied for PR. I called RAMQ recently and was told I need the AOR in order to apply. But it seems absurd to require the AOR since, as we are all well aware, they have not been issuing AORs for many months. Is anyone aware of another way to get on RAMQ without AOR? I read on another forum (in French) that other documents like a receipt for the PR application fee could also work, but that post is from 4 years ago and I have not been able to verify it anywhere else.

Reactions: Qxx1

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Is there anyone here that applied for a regular PR in October 2018 and received medical instructions? I expect covid to add delays but I'm just curious as they did resume work in June and the 22 month processing time would push them to give priority for applications from October 2 years ago.
Nope, I'm an September 2018 applicant , didn't receive MR yet. Web form submitted last month ,I got a reply saying that due to Covid-19 they are working with critical staff and my file will be processed ASAP. It's been a month, I don't understand what do they mean by ASAP ?

PROCT18

Aug 3, 2020
Nope, I'm an September 2018 applicant , didn't receive MR yet. Web form submitted last month ,I got a reply saying that due to Covid-19 they are working with critical staff and my file will be processed ASAP. It's been a month, I don't understand what do they mean by ASAP ?
Oct 2018 Applicant. No Medicals yet. Immigration paperwork causing lots of issues