+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

marvyn

Mar 6, 2020
I know and personally met with many QSW applicants;
  • (from 2018 October) who got their PR within 10-11 months.
  • (from 2018 June) who got their PR within 15-16 months.
and I know many people got their PR in their 18th months ( when the processing estimate shows between %86-%89)

So the case in French forum can be true but it is of course very far from giving me a minute of hope.
I totally agree with you. This is not giving me even the tiniest piece of hope

EH1978

Jan 2, 2018
Beirut
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Since there is a lot of delays in the MR, what about sending a claim to the ministry of Immigration?!
Did anyone send a claim before? (Currently, I am at 18 months )

Reactions: Rana H

frede.li

Oct 15, 2016
Hi Everyone! I'm a longtime lurker on this forum and finally have a question to ask.

Background: I submitted my federal PR application for the PEQ-Student stream in January of this year (my info is in the tracker under the same username). I am American, and when I applied, I was living and working in the US. Once the pandemic started, I returned to Montreal to be with my spouse (also American), who is going to school here. I have a spousal open work permit through him, and we are planning to stay here for the foreseeable future. I used my parents' address in the US as my mailing address on the PR application, so I am not worried about not receiving mail from IRCC.

So my question is, do you think I should update my current residence with IRCC? Since I have changed from living outside Canada to inside, I am wondering if changing my location could affect the processing of my application (either slower or faster), since I suppose I would then become an inland applicant. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Not sure if anyone already answered this question to you but for the applicants with US addresses, the applications are going to be distributed to CPC Ottawa for further processing just like all inland applicants' so technically it won't change anything if you switch your address to Canada but I do encourage you to do so since the guidance always asks us to update everything to the latest.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html

If you already had AOR, just simply change it from the online tool, if not, you could contact IRCC by web form. Hope this clarifies a bit.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa&lang=en

Reactions: RamC

Paris_m

Apr 1, 2020
They don't respect other people's time. When we applied the processing time was 17 month.
We are at 23 month and the security check has not even started. Sounds ridiculous!!!
Seems that the waiting time is 3 years or maybe more??????

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
They don't respect other people's time. When we applied the processing time was 17 month.
We are at 23 month and the security check has not even started. Sounds ridiculous!!!
Seems that the waiting time is 3 years or maybe more??????
Can we send any letter or claim to ministry of immegration? I'm in 19 months and no MR yet too? This is unfair and unrespectful.
They have no excuse since they are working now. What's their problem? They are not sending MRs yet?

Italy

May 23, 2020
No precise date was ever promised.
I think what is not fair is that the estimated/average completion time changes so much after you apply.
And it doesn't seem to have anything to do with them being busy or whatever. If they can do Express Entries in 6 months, they can complete our applications in 15-17 months! They should attain to the original average or justify any change.
We make decisions and pay money according to the expectations, they can't just change those expectations completely without giving the possibility to be refunded or even a reason!

Reactions: IJH

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
I think what is not fair is that the estimated/average completion time changes so much after you apply.
And it doesn't seem to have anything to do with them being busy or whatever. If they can do Express Entries in 6 months, they can complete our applications in 15-17 months! They should attain to the original average or justify any change.
We make decisions and pay money according to the expectations, they can't just change those expectations completely without giving the possibility to be refunded or even a reason!
Totally agree :(

What I've heard is:
1) They assigned the immigration agents to work on the "Canadian Emergency Response Benefit" program due to the pandemic
2) The number of agents working for Quebec's branch of Federal Immigration is only about 7-9 people
3) There's only a couple of people currently working on the PR applications. They should be fully back to normal activities only in September

Again, that's what I've heard. I'm not sure about the accuracy of this information.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Remember one thing, there is not an obligation from the government. They don't obey you to apply, and nothing warranty us the approval of our applications.

Reactions: Df.Set

Italy

May 23, 2020
I have never said there is an obligation of approval.
I have just said the timing average expectations should not change significantly after we apply. Or they should at least give reasons for the big changes.

Reactions: Rana H