+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
My 3 year PGWP visa is expiring soon. I reside in Quebec. I have CSQ. I am working.

My question: To apply for close work permit, do I need to get Offer of Employment Number from my employer?

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Someone here (inland from QC) who got DM before the pandemic has received COPR? Our application was approved by March, 13th and we have no news since then..

sabil

Aug 14, 2019
Someone here (inland from QC) who got DM before the pandemic has received COPR? Our application was approved by March, 13th and we have no news since then..
Can you please share your timeline. I got DM on 12 th March. No updates since then.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
My 3 year PGWP visa is expiring soon. I reside in Quebec. I have CSQ. I am working.

My question: To apply for close work permit, do I need to get Offer of Employment Number from my employer?
Employer has to create job offer on the employer portal, deposit compliance fees of $ 230 and provide you with a job offer ID for your A 75 application.

EH1978

Jan 2, 2018
Beirut
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
I noticed on the tracker that some people have received a pre arrival email and currently they are waiting for the medical request. (they applied in the same period as we I did)
I haven’t received the pre arrival email neither the MR !
is it possible to receive both emails together?!

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I noticed on the tracker that some people have received a pre arrival email and currently they are waiting for the medical request. (they applied in the same period as we I did)
I have the same question, I got MR but no pre-arrival until now. What does Pre-arrival letter mean??? Is there anyone got COPR without a pre-arrival letter? I noticed some people leave the "pre-arrival letter " box empty and they got COPR.

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
This is such a long process, my hair is turnig grey even lol. I have received the pre arrival letter in March 2020, but it does not mean anything. Once we get the MR and get it approved, wer almost done....
Apply for the CSQ: Nov 2015
CSQ: Nov 2018
PR Application was received on: 7th Feb 2019
AOR: 17 April 2019
Biometrics: June 2019
Pre-arrival letter: March 2020
MR: ??

I am not sure how long are we still going to wait!?! It is really draining us all... I wish all of us the best.

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
This is such a long process, my hair is turnig grey even lol. I have received the pre arrival letter in March 2020, but it does not mean anything. Once we get the MR and get it approved, wer almost done....

I am not sure how long are we still going to wait!?! It is really draining us all... I wish all of us the best.
I m having the same timeline as yours and also waiting for the MR, as I received the pre-arrival letter in March-2020.
Did you start using the pre-arrival services, joining/signing them and telling them ur estimated landing date in Canada?
Have you find them effective, any thoughts.....

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
This is such a long process, my hair is turnig grey even lol. I have receive the pre arrival letter in March 2020, but it does not mean anything. Once we get the MR and get it approved, wer almost done....

Man..... I have just one month left for the 22 months federal process to complete yet I didn't receive pre Arrival services or Medical request, just hoping things will move in July.

Last edited:

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
I have just received both MR and Pre arrival service and PCC.

d-pen

Jun 16, 2020
Yes , i received pre arrival service letter & Medical request on 9th March 2020.