+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hi there! New to this!
The answer might be above, but I couldn’t find it!
I know my PR will not be ready before my work visa expires, and I was thinking in asking the close work permit. The thing is that I work for a research laboratory in a university, and I am not sure if the HumanResources will accept to post my job and pay for me to get the work permit. Is it a difficult thing to do? Or can my immediate boss ( not human resources) do it?
Anyone with a similar experience?
If not, is it possible to get a visa just to stay here while waiting? Wothout working of course.. I kind of made my life here so I do not want to go out...

alkhaldi82

Feb 4, 2018
Hi all, I checked my application And I found that they starting proceedings my application :
1.We received application for permanent residence on May 13,2019.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 22,2019.
3.We started processing your application on December 16,2019.

So how long to get medical Test also I made Biometrics in 5 AUG

Reactions: ngkapadiya

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi there! New to this!
The answer might be above, but I couldn’t find it!
I know my PR will not be ready before my work visa expires, and I was thinking in asking the close work permit. The thing is that I work for a research laboratory in a university, and I am not sure if the HumanResources will accept to post my job and pay for me to get the work permit. Is it a difficult thing to do? Or can my immediate boss ( not human resources) do it?
Anyone with a similar experience?
If not, is it possible to get a visa just to stay here while waiting? Wothout working of course.. I kind of made my life here so I do not want to go out...
If you have a valide CSQ and open work permit, your employer can very easy apply for close work permit, valid 2 years. They don't have to post your job, they need to fill a form online and pay about $250. I already did it in May, we were discussing the issue the last 2-3 pages.

https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/organisation/publications-guides/bulletins-guides-operationnels/residents-temporaires/travailleurs-etrangers/cas-quebec/renouvellement-prolongation-certains-titulaires-selection-quebec-dispenses-etude-impact.html

https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/organisation/partenaires-fournisseurs-services/portail-employeurs.html

Last edited:

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
If you have a valide CSQ and open work permit, your employer can very easy apply for close work permit, valid 2 years. They don't have to post your job, they need to fill a form online and pay about $250. I already did it in May, we were discussing the issue the last 2-3 pages.

https://www.canada.ca/fr/immigration-refugies-citoyennete/organisation/publications-guides/bulletins-guides-operationnels/residents-temporaires/travailleurs-etrangers/cas-quebec/renouvellement-prolongation-certains-titulaires-selection-quebec-dispenses-etude-impact.html
Thank you for the answer, I read that before! my problem is I dont think the Human resources will soend the time and the 250 dollars so I can do the paperwork.
However I know that my boss would pay it of I ask. What I don’t know is if, he can go online and pay, and then give me a written job offer. I am assuming that only human resources manage that type of thing...

ROCKY24

Nov 29, 2019
Congrats. Wish you the best. :)
You got your PR 18 months after your application. Current processing time is 22 months, that's pretty good.

The PR processing time reduced to 22 months in the first week of December 2019 and it is still same by the January 7th 2020.
I hope, there would be decrease in processing time soon. Cross fingers.
I arrived at the border around 9 a.m.. They made us go to the other side of the border and come back to Canda, no visa needed. Then I gave them all the documents. They collected the papers till noon in the small border office, in the afternoon they moved everyone to the bigger building and started calling everyone by name and in order, checking the documents. I payed the fee and they issued the work permit. You need the prove of payment of your employer and a letter from the company, I had also my CSQ and all other requested forms and documents, I cant recall them right now. It was a lot of wait, the hole day ruined but the fastest job that the immigration ever did for me. It was working day, not weekend. A friend of mine went 3 times to the border because on Saturday they have a lot of visitors.
I went last May, it's possible that they changed the process now. I don't have information.
Thanks

ROCKY24

Nov 29, 2019
I arrived at the border around 9 a.m.. They made us go to the other side of the border and come back to Canda, no visa needed. Then I gave them all the documents. They collected the papers till noon in the small border office, in the afternoon they moved everyone to the bigger building and started calling everyone by name and in order, checking the documents. I payed the fee and they issued the work permit. You need the prove of payment of your employer and a letter from the company, I had also my CSQ and all other requested forms and documents, I cant recall them right now. It was a lot of wait, the hole day ruined but the fastest job that the immigration ever did for me. It was working day, not weekend. A friend of mine went 3 times to the border because on Saturday they have a lot of visitors.
I went last May, it's possible that they changed the process now. I don't have information.
Thanks Leokun just have one question when i got my CSQ. Quebec Govt stopped issuing CSQ hard copy. They emailed everyone the soft copy. So my question is if i take that print out of CSQ i got from Govt. Will they accept at border

Please advise on this
Rocky

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Thanks Leokun just have one question when i got my CSQ. Quebec Govt stopped issuing CSQ hard copy. They emailed everyone the soft copy. So my question is if i take that print out of CSQ i got from Govt. Will they accept at border

Please advise on this
Rocky
I also have the same question.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
@Leokun Thank you. Which border was this ?

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Do you think it will drastically come down to 17 (because it shot up to 22 from 17) or just 1 month reduction ?
I do not expect immediate decrease in processing time because it increased one by one.
If I recall correctly, it has jumped 2 months only once, when it increased from 17 months to 19 months.

I am currently in my 13th month, when I've sent my documents to IRCC, processing time was 17 months.

Reactions: ncat99

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Thank you for the answer, I read that before! my problem is I dont think the Human resources will soend the time and the 250 dollars so I can do the paperwork.
However I know that my boss would pay it of I ask. What I don’t know is if, he can go online and pay, and then give me a written job offer. I am assuming that only human resources manage that type of thing...
You don't need a job offer, that's the good part of this program.

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Hi all, I checked my application And I found that they starting proceedings my application :
1.We received application for permanent residence on May 13,2019.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 22,2019.
3.We started processing your application on December 16,2019.

So how long to get medical Test also I made Biometrics in 5 AUG
Current PR processing time is 22 months, and you are supposed to be in your 8th month. I believe you would hear from them in 8-9 months for medicals. My application was received in early Feb 2019 and I have got 3 lines as well on my ECAS. I hope they would work out our applications earlier, wish you all the best.