+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
I expect good news starting from the next Tuesday.
Long Christmas, New Year's Eve and Epiphany holiday period will be finished.
Fingers crossed, bud. Looking forward to that PPR email/letter

Mr.Worldwide

Nov 25, 2019
Hello all, in this post I will be sharing my full PR application process and timeline. At this point I have been a PR for almost one month and I am still in the process of letting go of all the past year’s stress and anxiety that this process brought my way.

I understand that what everyone is most interested in reading is the timeline and how this can shed some light into your own process. This is my case with details of every stage:

-If you want a snapshot of the timeline please take a look at my signature, if you want the full story please read on.

15-May-2017 - Wrote the TEFAQ as part of the requisites for the CSQ application, waited about 5 weeks for results, I passed and was able to move forward with CSQ application

07-Jul-2017 - I applied to obtain the CSQ through the Quebec Experience Program (Temporary Worker Program)

31-Jul-2017 - CSQ granted. If you notice, they grated my CSQ in no more than 3 weeks which is normal for the Quebec Experience Program. At this point I was able to apply for a 2 years closed work permit and I thought that would be more than enough time to get all the PR stuff sorted out… Yeah ok…

15-Oct-2017 - My PR application for Skilled Worker Program was received, here I think it’s important to explain that at the time of this application my partner (Canadian citizen) and I were living together in common law status. I decided that having been living in the province of Quebec for over 5 years at the time, I should be able to navigate the process without the need for sponsorship. I have to confess that more than once throughout this process I regretted not having applied through the sponsorship program, but with the benefit of hindsight I think in my personal case it was important to do this on my own, call it idealism or stupidity both fit. In case you were wondering we are still together and happy, it was never about not being sure about our relationship it was more about the principle (idealist and/or stupid again you choose).

18-Jan-2018 - They sent an acknowledgement of receipt of application

19-Jan-2018 - They sent noticed that they have started to process my application

14-Mar-2018 - They sent me an invitation to visit the pre-arrival services available. “This really does not mean much”, this comment was said to me by one of the phone representatives…

30-Apr-2018 - They sent me medical instructions - Medical examination

24-May-2018 - Medical results were received - Passed

After this date I did not receive any official communication for over 1 year! Obviously I could not help myself but to constantly call IRCC (about every two weeks or so) , especially that around September of 2018 I was offered a job in a different company and as many of you know, when you are in a closed work permit it’s another little nightmare to try changing jobs in the middle of all these processes. I was very lucky that in the new company they were really interested in making me part of their team and a law firm was engaged to deal with this process. Despite this it still took a good number of months to get all this sorted out and I obtained a new closed work permit for one year.

My number of calls were basically asking for any information they could have about my process, which really were never helpful since the phone representatives apparently have no further access to information or insights. They kept telling me for about 1 year that my application was in the background check stage and that once that was done it should move faster.

Back in 2017 when I first submitted my application the processing time was 13 or 14 months I can’t recall exactly and when I was in the middle of changing jobs had risen to 19-20 months which may be explained by the difference between the “I have already applied” or “I haven’t applied yet” options when you check the regular processing times. Anyways, moving forward...

17-Jul-2019 - They asked me for information about my post-graduate degree which I sent out immediately

13-Sept-2019 - They asked me for a second set of medical examination since the first had expired at this point. I ran to the clinic to do the tests again and the results were sent out in about two weeks. At the time the clinic was sending out my results they also recommended to make an appointment with my family doctor since there was something abnormal in one of my results. Obviously this call is of huge significance in the compounding of stress and anxiety, I followed up with a doctor and she suggested different analysis which I did and it all seems to be okay but I am still going through tests and analysis and as I will describe soon, Immigration sent me to Medical Surveillance.

Silence for over two months

12-Nov-2019 - I was requested to send in my passport (or copy of it) and the form (PPR) it took about 10 business days to receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Medical Surveillance documents. Medical surveillance has to be done diligently within 30 days of your landing and I will suggest to do it within days of you becoming a PR.

11-Dec-2019 - I did my landing, this was a seamless process and finally I became a permanent resident.

My process took about 26 months from the moment of reception of my application until the CoPR was received. In these months A LOT HAPPENED, the price of advancing your career and life in the middle of these processes is stress and anxiety but I will never recommend to anyone to spot planning and stop trying to improve your situation wherever you are (inland or outland) because of these delays. All my best wishes go your way, just keep living.

In terms of explanations for the slow processing times I have none, this is unfortunate but that’s how things are and it seems like there’s nothing that can be done about that except perhaps sending in your feedback through the online form, which I would recommend to do so as is the only resource we have.

Happy New Year and I hope that 2020 is a better year for immigration than 2019.

I wanted to give a shout out to the people managing these forums, reading different stories of people similar to mine gave me a sense of community and solace. THANK YOU!
Thank you very much for the useful information. Best of luck.
My application was received on April 2018.
Did medicals on October 2018.
My medical expired on October 19 and no response till now. I'm on the 21 months

Reactions: ppcg2510

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Thank you very much for the useful information. Best of luck.
My application was received on April 2018.
Did medicals on October 2018.
My medical expired on October 19 and no response till now. I'm on the 21 months
Oh so sad! I applied April 2018, but just got my PPR/ DM this Dec 5

Jan 4, 2020
Angola
Category........
Visa Office......
Sim
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14 /09/1997
Doc's Request.
14/09/1997
Nomination.....
14/09/1997
AOR Received.
14/09/1997
IELTS Request
14/09/1997
File Transfer...
14/09/1997
Med's Request
14/09/1997
Med's Done....
14/09/1997
Interview........
14/09/1997
Passport Req..
14/09/1997
VISA ISSUED...
14/09/1997
LANDED..........
14/09/1997
Candidatei me em novembro de 2019 até agora não recebo nenhuma novidade, infelizmente candidatei me apartir de uma agência e email lá posto foi de outra pessoa, mais tenho os papéis de prova que fui selecionado. Como faço para trocar o email ou ter novidades.

Majal1107

Nov 23, 2019
Hi,
Our CSQ expires February of this year. We just recently received our CoPR and visas. Do we need to land in Quebec before our CSQ expires? Or we base it on the validity of the visa?

Thanks!

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a question, is there anyone can help me with any idea?
My visa is going to expired in 2020 June, and the finish date of my application showed by CIC is on May 2020. That will be very grateful if I can get ppr on May 2020. However, I haven't do the Medical yet, I don't think I can finish my application before my visa expired.
-----My question is must I leave Canada when my visa expired?? Is that possible to apply for any special visa(well....just asking)? According to my situation that will be difficult to update my working visa.
Thank you everyone, never think this journey can be so long as this. I feel like I am marking time not moving forward. :(

Reactions: NAZ1978

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hello everyone,
My visa is going to expired in 2020 June, and the finish date of my application showed by CIC is on May 2020. That will be very grateful if I can get ppr on May 2020. However, I haven't do the Medical yet, I don't think I can finish my application before my visa expired.
-----My question is must I leave Canada when my visa expired?? Is that possible to apply for any special visa(well....just asking)? According to my situation that will be difficult to update my working visa.
Thank you everyone, never think this journey can be so long as this. I feel like I am marking time not moving forward. :(
It would have been great if you could renew/extend the working visa

Reactions: Nadia_Zzz

Srikanth2811p

Aug 18, 2018
Hello everyone,
There is no need to extend your work permit. Please refer below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html
Therefore, since August 2, 2018, MIDI has no longer been renewing CSQs. CSQs are now issued for 24 months and remain valid for the duration of the permanent residence application, even if the 24-month period has passed. In addition, CSQs issued before August 2, 2018, that are valid for 36 months remain valid for the duration of the permanent residence application, even if the 36 months have passed.

Reactions: Nadia_Zzz

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
There is no need to extend your work permit. Please refer below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html
Therefore, since August 2, 2018, MIDI has no longer been renewing CSQs. CSQs are now issued for 24 months and remain valid for the duration of the permanent residence application, even if the 24-month period has passed. In addition, CSQs issued before August 2, 2018, that are valid for 36 months remain valid for the duration of the permanent residence application, even if the 36 months have passed.
@Srikanth2811p , Nadia is not asking if work permit can be extended without LMIA. Also even if thats the case, the work permit need to be extended to be in legal status but LMIA is not required as the person already holds a CSQ and applied for Federal stage. So the person is LMIA exempt.

@Nadia_Zzz , specific to your question, your visa will expire on June 2020 and you do not plan on extending your work visa ?

If thats the case, then you will be in illegal status/ visa overstay after June 2020. You need some kind of visa to stay in Canada either a work visa or a visitor visa. You can apply for visitor status to be legal to stay in Canada after June 2020 if you do not plan on extending your work permit.

ROCKY24

Nov 29, 2019
@Srikanth2811p , Nadia is not asking if work permit can be extended without LMIA. Also even if thats the case, the work permit need to be extended to be in legal status but LMIA is not required as the person already holds a CSQ and applied for Federal stage. So the person is LMIA exempt.

@Nadia_Zzz , specific to your question, your visa will expire on June 2020 and you do not plan on extending your work visa ?

If that's the case, then you will be in illegal status/ visa overstay after June 2020. You need some kind of visa to stay in Canada either a work visa or a visitor visa. You can apply for visitor status to be legal to stay in Canada after June 2020 if you do not plan on extending your work permit.
My is also the same case you can easily get close work permit if you have following things:
1: valid csq
2: already applied for PR waiting for decision
3: job offer from quebec employer

With all you have to fill application at the portal pay the fees i guess 250. You can get 2 year of close work permit right away from the border same day
So many people have done it the same way and me also will do in feb as my visa is expiring in May 2020

Rocky

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
My is also the same case you can easily get close work permit if you have following things:
1: valid csq
2: already applied for PR waiting for decision
3: job offer from quebec employer

With all you have to fill application at the portal pay the fees i guess 250. You can get 2 year of close work permit right away from the border same day
So many people have done it the same way and me also will do in feb as my visa is expiring in May 2020

Rocky
Why are you doing it in February, you have March & April 2 months more right ?