+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

SWEETY123

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Sharjah
Visa Office......
dubai
I got my AOR in April, and my ecas says that my application got into process on 16 Dec. It is a long journey and we have got to be patient. Good luck
Hi I have the same timeline as yours ( AOR April and In process on 16th Dec). Can you tell me from where did you apply? Do you have any info about which visa office is processing your file ?

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Hi I have the same timeline as yours ( AOR April and In process on 16th Dec). Can you tell me from where did you apply? Do you have any info about which visa office is processing your file ?
I am an outland applicant, not sure about the visa office. However I am residing in the ME. Let us keep in touch, wish u all the best.

Prestinharis

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
I am almost in the same time line.. application received on March 2019 and aor is may 2019.. biometric done on may 22 2019.. after that no information yet.. it looks like embassy is sleeping..

showne

Sep 19, 2018
Hi Friends,
Please update if any one knows-I got the below message over mail:

Subject: Update of your declaration of interest
Mrs,
Sir,
We inform you that changes have been made to the
declaration of interest and you are invited to update your file. The
modifications involve the "Consents" section and have the following objectives:
• make your depersonalized employability profile visible to
potential employers so that they can consult it,
information on your level of education, your fields of study, your
work experiences (occupied professions) and your knowledge of
French;
• allow employers who would be interested in your profile to
contact you for a possible hiring process, while
preserving your personal information;
• demonstrate your interest in being contacted by an employer to occupy
temporary employment in Quebec;
• obtain your consent to participate in studies to improve
our services.
The update you are invited to do covers three facets of your
profile:
- your interest in holding a temporary job in Quebec;
- your consent to participate in studies (surveys and groups
of discussing);
- your consent to be informed of the recruitment missions of the
Quebec abroad.
However, note that the choice whether or not to update the section
"Consents" will have no impact on the validity of your declaration
of interest or the possibility of receiving an invitation by the Minister to present
a request for permanent selection.
To update your declaration of interest, you must log in to your
profile on the Arrima platform and follow the steps below.
1. Click on the "..." icon.
2. Then click on the "Update my file" option located at the
right of your declaration of interest in the "My files" section.
3. Make sure to update the section whose pellet is not
green color.
December 19, 2019
- 2 -
4. Finally, save your changes and file the update for your
declaration of interest.
Please receive, Madam, Sir, our best regards.
Can any one update? Please write if any one knows.

Positively cynical

Jun 7, 2019
Hello all, in this post I will be sharing my full PR application process and timeline. At this point I have been a PR for almost one month and I am still in the process of letting go of all the past year’s stress and anxiety that this process brought my way.

I understand that what everyone is most interested in reading is the timeline and how this can shed some light into your own process. This is my case with details of every stage:

-If you want a snapshot of the timeline please take a look at my signature, if you want the full story please read on.

15-May-2017 - Wrote the TEFAQ as part of the requisites for the CSQ application, waited about 5 weeks for results, I passed and was able to move forward with CSQ application

07-Jul-2017 - I applied to obtain the CSQ through the Quebec Experience Program (Temporary Worker Program)

31-Jul-2017 - CSQ granted. If you notice, they grated my CSQ in no more than 3 weeks which is normal for the Quebec Experience Program. At this point I was able to apply for a 2 years closed work permit and I thought that would be more than enough time to get all the PR stuff sorted out… Yeah ok…

15-Oct-2017 - My PR application for Skilled Worker Program was received, here I think it’s important to explain that at the time of this application my partner (Canadian citizen) and I were living together in common law status. I decided that having been living in the province of Quebec for over 5 years at the time, I should be able to navigate the process without the need for sponsorship. I have to confess that more than once throughout this process I regretted not having applied through the sponsorship program, but with the benefit of hindsight I think in my personal case it was important to do this on my own, call it idealism or stupidity both fit. In case you were wondering we are still together and happy, it was never about not being sure about our relationship it was more about the principle (idealist and/or stupid again you choose).

18-Jan-2018 - They sent an acknowledgement of receipt of application

19-Jan-2018 - They sent noticed that they have started to process my application

14-Mar-2018 - They sent me an invitation to visit the pre-arrival services available. “This really does not mean much”, this comment was said to me by one of the phone representatives…

30-Apr-2018 - They sent me medical instructions - Medical examination

24-May-2018 - Medical results were received - Passed

After this date I did not receive any official communication for over 1 year! Obviously I could not help myself but to constantly call IRCC (about every two weeks or so) , especially that around September of 2018 I was offered a job in a different company and as many of you know, when you are in a closed work permit it’s another little nightmare to try changing jobs in the middle of all these processes. I was very lucky that in the new company they were really interested in making me part of their team and a law firm was engaged to deal with this process. Despite this it still took a good number of months to get all this sorted out and I obtained a new closed work permit for one year.

My number of calls were basically asking for any information they could have about my process, which really were never helpful since the phone representatives apparently have no further access to information or insights. They kept telling me for about 1 year that my application was in the background check stage and that once that was done it should move faster.

Back in 2017 when I first submitted my application the processing time was 13 or 14 months I can’t recall exactly and when I was in the middle of changing jobs had risen to 19-20 months which may be explained by the difference between the “I have already applied” or “I haven’t applied yet” options when you check the regular processing times. Anyways, moving forward...

17-Jul-2019 - They asked me for information about my post-graduate degree which I sent out immediately

13-Sept-2019 - They asked me for a second set of medical examination since the first had expired at this point. I ran to the clinic to do the tests again and the results were sent out in about two weeks. At the time the clinic was sending out my results they also recommended to make an appointment with my family doctor since there was something abnormal in one of my results. Obviously this call is of huge significance in the compounding of stress and anxiety, I followed up with a doctor and she suggested different analysis which I did and it all seems to be okay but I am still going through tests and analysis and as I will describe soon, Immigration sent me to Medical Surveillance.

Silence for over two months

12-Nov-2019 - I was requested to send in my passport (or copy of it) and the form (PPR) it took about 10 business days to receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Medical Surveillance documents. Medical surveillance has to be done diligently within 30 days of your landing and I will suggest to do it within days of you becoming a PR.

11-Dec-2019 - I did my landing, this was a seamless process and finally I became a permanent resident.

My process took about 26 months from the moment of reception of my application until the CoPR was received. In these months A LOT HAPPENED, the price of advancing your career and life in the middle of these processes is stress and anxiety but I will never recommend to anyone to spot planning and stop trying to improve your situation wherever you are (inland or outland) because of these delays. All my best wishes go your way, just keep living.

In terms of explanations for the slow processing times I have none, this is unfortunate but that’s how things are and it seems like there’s nothing that can be done about that except perhaps sending in your feedback through the online form, which I would recommend to do so as is the only resource we have.

Happy New Year and I hope that 2020 is a better year for immigration than 2019.

I wanted to give a shout out to the people managing these forums, reading different stories of people similar to mine gave me a sense of community and solace. THANK YOU!

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Hello all, in this post I will be sharing my full PR application process and timeline. At this point I have been a PR for almost one month and I am still in the process of letting go of all the past year’s stress and anxiety that this process brought my way.

I understand that what everyone is most interested in reading is the timeline and how this can shed some light into your own process. This is my case with details of every stage:

-If you want a snapshot of the timeline please take a look at my signature, if you want the full story please read on.

15-May-2017 - Wrote the TEFAQ as part of the requisites for the CSQ application, waited about 5 weeks for results, I passed and was able to move forward with CSQ application

07-Jul-2017 - I applied to obtain the CSQ through the Quebec Experience Program (Temporary Worker Program)

31-Jul-2017 - CSQ granted. If you notice, they grated my CSQ in no more than 3 weeks which is normal for the Quebec Experience Program. At this point I was able to apply for a 2 years closed work permit and I thought that would be more than enough time to get all the PR stuff sorted out… Yeah ok…

15-Oct-2017 - My PR application for Skilled Worker Program was received, here I think it’s important to explain that at the time of this application my partner (Canadian citizen) and I were living together in common law status. I decided that having been living in the province of Quebec for over 5 years at the time, I should be able to navigate the process without the need for sponsorship. I have to confess that more than once throughout this process I regretted not having applied through the sponsorship program, but with the benefit of hindsight I think in my personal case it was important to do this on my own, call it idealism or stupidity both fit. In case you were wondering we are still together and happy, it was never about not being sure about our relationship it was more about the principle (idealist and/or stupid again you choose).

19-Jan-2018 - They sent noticed that they have started to process my application

14-Mar-2018 - They sent me an invitation to visit the pre-arrival services available. “This really does not mean much”, this comment was said to me by one of the phone representatives…

After this date I did not receive any official communication for over 1 year! Obviously I could not help myself but to constantly call IRCC (about every two weeks or so) , especially that around September of 2018 I was offered a job in a different company and as many of you know, when you are in a closed work permit it’s another little nightmare to try changing jobs in the middle of all these processes. I was very lucky that in the new company they were really interested in making me part of their team and a law firm was engaged to deal with this process. Despite this it still took a good number of months to get all this sorted out and I obtained a new closed work permit for one year.

My number of calls were basically asking for any information they could have about my process, which really were never helpful since the phone representatives apparently have no further access to information or insights. They kept telling me for about 1 year that my application was in the background check stage and that once that was done it should move faster.

Back in 2017 when I first submitted my application the processing time was 13 or 14 months I can’t recall exactly and when I was in the middle of changing jobs had risen to 19-20 months which may be explained by the difference between the “I have already applied” or “I haven’t applied yet” options when you check the regular processing times. Anyways, moving forward...

17-Jul-2019 - They asked me for information about my post-graduate degree which I sent out immediately

13-Sept-2019 - They asked me for a second set of medical examination since the first had expired at this point. I ran to the clinic to do the tests again and the results were sent out in about two weeks. At the time the clinic was sending out my results they also recommended to make an appointment with my family doctor since there was something abnormal in one of my results. Obviously this call is of huge significance in the compounding of stress and anxiety, I followed up with a doctor and she suggested different analysis which I did and it all seems to be okay but I am still going through tests and analysis and as I will describe soon, Immigration sent me to Medical Surveillance.

12-Nov-2019 - I was requested to send in my passport (or copy of it) and the form (PPR) it took about 10 business days to receive the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Medical Surveillance documents. Medical surveillance has to be done diligently within 30 days of your landing and I will suggest to do it within days of you becoming a PR.

11-Dec-2019 - I did my landing, this was a seamless process and finally I became a permanent resident.

My process took about 26 months from the moment of reception of my application until the CoPR was received. In these months A LOT HAPPENED, the price of advancing your career and life in the middle of these processes is stress and anxiety but I will never recommend to anyone to spot planning and stop trying to improve your situation wherever you are (inland or outland) because of these delays. All my best wishes go your way, just keep living.

In terms of explanations for the slow processing times I have none, this is unfortunate but that’s how things are and it seems like there’s nothing that can be done about that except perhaps sending in your feedback through the online form, which I would recommend to do so as is the only resource we have.

I wanted to give a shout out to the people managing these forums, reading different stories of people similar to mine gave me a sense of community and solace. THANK YOU!
Thanks for sharing your experience! Congrats and happy new year 2020!

Martin 87

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019

Congratulations and thanks a lot for sharing your story!
My major issue that I can't plan for my future and I can't take further steps without permanent residence status !!! That is what driving me crazy and anxious.
Relief when hear such stories!

Reactions: ppcg2510

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017

Congrats!! Is the landing interview just quick? What are the questions asked! Thanks

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
QUOTE="momo2017, post: 8397615, member: 715963"]I applied in November 2018, got my AOR last January 2019 and until now still no update.[/QUOTE]
I applied in November 2018, got my AOR last January 2019 and until now still no update.
What does your ECAS say? How many lines have you got?