+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
It is nice that they decreased the processing time by one month. It was 23 and now it is 22 months.

I think that has happened because recently they gave DMs to many people who are still in their first year.
Even some 2019 applicants get their DMs. I saw a guy here who got DM in his 8th month or a guy without sending his PCC.
I am happy for them. I hope they don't give these early DMs to balance processing time. I hope this decrement will continue.

When I sent my files to IRCC in December 2018, processing time was increased from 17 to 18 months.

Besides, as I mentioned before, the federal quota levels will increase around %10 in 2020.
This may decrease the processing time to 20 months by itself.

Btw, I started to see the percentage of remaining estimated processing time, that's another thing that they've implemented.

Wow you are right !!! Very nice. Seems like they are catching up on the delay during the elections (Sep-Oct)
Nothing to do with the elections I think. According to Canada Quebec accord, Every November Quebec has to inform Federal how many immigrants they take for the next year. Probably they increased the number slightly after the backlash from businesses in Montreal. The CAQ govt had cut 20% immigrants last year to please their xenophobic voter bases.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Nothing to do with the elections I think. According to Canada Quebec accord, Every November Quebec has to inform Federal how many immigrants they take for the next year. Probably they increased the number slightly after the backlash from businesses in Montreal. The CAQ govt had cut 20% immigrants last year to please their xenophobic voter bases.
Dear Nikhil, You are right.
Last time I have shared this slight increase in quota levels, which was on news websites like Montreal Gazette etc.

Skilled Workers = Target 19.500 - Maximum 20.100
Total = Target 40.000 - Maximum 42.500

Skilled Workers = Target 20.600 - Maximum 21.900 (%8.95 increase comparing to 2019)
Total = Target 41.500 - Maximum 44.500

It is not a big leap but still an increase.

Reactions: ncat99 and ppcg2510

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Oh we have a lot in common! Also got mine on my 20th month and cried while talking to my mom on the phone! I guess the stars aligned on us!!!!
I feel ya. Congrats. Take a day off..reward yourselves. Do something what you like the most.

Such idiosyncrasies of Quebec. In rest of Canada people get their permanent residency within 4 or 6 months.

Reactions: carlotanching