+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
So whats the next step now even GMCS notes doesnt say anything? it says everything passed but the security still not started and the due date seems to be was January 2019 for the security. Any way we can escalate?

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi all!!
Is here someone waiting for DM PPR applicants from January 2018 or medical done in August 2018???
Need to know because we are not getting any response after medical since then.
Anyone else January 2018 AOR who has no DM yet?
Hi

I’m Still waiting for medical request, my Application received date is Feb 2018. A friend of mine with application received Jan 2018 got medical request on Feb 2019 but she’s still waiting.

Guys, there is absolutely no pattern. I blame the security check to cause all applications to have different completion timelines regardless of the date the application was received.

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi thanks for reply,

Please don't get me wrong and sorry for asking again.

I applied for Quebec in 2015 November. I got CSQ in August 2019. Do I need to wait another 21 months ? I already waited for more than 3 years. I have CSQ. My lawyer is asking me PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) now and is telling me that after 6 months after immigration will reverify my skills and experience, they will demand medical exam. After medical I will get visa after 3-4 months.

Is this information correct ?
If everything goes utmost well, you can get your PR within 16 months after your application date in the best case. But on average (for %80 of the applicants) this is 21 months.

There are 2 stages of Quebec applications.

1- Obtaining CSQ from Quebec (which took 3 years for you -for me, it took 4 years.)
2 - Obtaining PR from Federal (around 21 months waiting after application to federal)

Having CSQ is nothing actually, all of us are having CSQs here but waiting for Federal to issue our PRs, unfortunately.
Hi

No worries, you got your answers.

However, CSQ is not useless, Federals will check your points/eligibility and the CSQ gives you the required points you were missing for applying through express entry/PR directly.

In short, there might be frustration ahead. In this forum, you will see people with similar case/timeline like yours who are still waiting. I myself applied in Jan 2018 and I’m still waiting for medical request... as soon as you get your AOR, you will be able to see your process on the CIC website through ECAS or GC key.
Ecas will give you the there steps “ application received, in process and Decision made)
GC key will give you details on the steps involved in your application and their actual status. GC key will be monitored by your lawyer btw.