+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
People guess it means Pre-screening, or Paper Selection. Still don't know what it actually means. Have you seen this?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp2u3X_F10-peLhSZnPwBNAZivuICTZIA2eyB-tOerE/htmlview#
Yes, I saw that but didn't get much from this.
What kind of "pre-screen" or "selection" are they doing after 19 months? I mean, these terms sound like something you would do at the beginning of the analysis.
Well, thank you anyway. Sorry if I sound cranky. I am getting nuts with this waiting.

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Only employer-specific work permits are to be issued (no open work permits)
on the other hand, if you go through their questionnaire, they ask specific questions about the intended destination (Quebec) and then about CSQ. Still leads you right to "Open Work Permit".

Maybe "Only employer-specific work permits are to be issued [under A75] (no open work permits). Other categories can have OSW. Dunno.

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
Guys,

When evaluating which WP is better for each case take in mind that an OWP is valid for 1 year and a closed WP is valid for 2 years.

Ljcar

Jun 20, 2019
Good day everybody.

I am in Federal stage. Got my aor in March. I have a question. I see someone has posted that one possible factor for processing delay is that the agent cannot verify your degree with your University back home.

How is this possible? Why the agent is verifying this information? Isn't the Federal stage supposed to be only to verify admission requirements to Canada, such as criminal records, medical etc? The selection was already done by québec who verified diplomas etc. Where is it established that the Federal stage will communicate to universities to verify diplomas for québec selected skill workers? For express entry yes I understand but for québec I don't understand why.

Thanks
Hello friends,

Can someone clarify if the Federal checks diplomas and contacts our University or not?

This is extremely worring for me because my University will unlinkley respond to any contact from them due to the fact that my country is in a profound crisis and on the verge of a war. Due to constant power outages the university is closed in this moment and even if they open nearly all staff has left the country running from the crisis.

Are you guys sure the the agent will stop or delay my application trying to contact them?

Thanks

Laithhisham

Oct 31, 2018
My ECAS status has changed to Decision Made. I called cic and the agent confirmed that my application has been approved.

Visa Office: SYDNEY, PEQ Inland applicant

Detailed Timeline:

Application Received: 22 June 2017
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 10 October 2017
Medical Request: 14 February 2018
Medical Passed: 23 February 2018
Pre arrival email: 27 September 2018

I called cic in April and the agent informed me that my medical results have been extended to February 2020.

Good Luck everyone and thank you for your
Good luck friend...

Reactions: mkm221

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hello friends,

Can someone clarify if the Federal checks diplomas and contacts our University or not?

This is extremely worring for me because my University will unlinkley respond to any contact from them due to the fact that my country is in a profound crisis and on the verge of a war. Due to constant power outages the university is closed in this moment and even if they open nearly all staff has left the country running from the crisis.

Are you guys sure the the agent will stop or delay my application trying to contact them?

Thanks
Looks highly unlikely, but yes let's bear in mind that they can dig your case to whatever depth they like. If they are suspicious of something, they can do as much screening as they want, no questions whatsoever.

Cheers!

Reactions: Ljcar

antoinetlj

Mar 26, 2019
Hi Friends,

I just got my GCMS notes, could anyone can help to explain what does the below code mean?
Paper File

This is different with the GCMS notes I requested on Jan 2019, which indicated " Paper File location: Ready for PS".

ab.alzoabi

Mar 7, 2019
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
1-11-2021
maybe ur application processing time got delayed after adding ur wife to your application
No because she wasnt added to the file after i applied. She was on the original application as my family member and am the principal applicant

Jimk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hi frds
I am an outland (India) PR applicant .. Is it possible to order GCMS notes through my representative or agent? Kindly ....

Laithhisham

Oct 31, 2018
Hi frds
I am an outland (India) PR applicant .. Is it possible to order GCMS notes through my representative or agent? Kindly ....
Yes ,,, for sure you can ,,, go ahead and apply for GCMS notes ,,, you will get replay between 1 month to 35 days ,,, all the best wishes for you .

Reactions: Jimk