+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
From what country are you from? Are you done with RPRF?
I live in the UK but I started the CSQ process when I was in Asia. I don't know yet which is my VO but I think it's Sydney. I didn't pay RPFP upfront as my credit card expiry date was early this year and I understood that they reimburse on the card if we don't get the PR. So I preferred not to pay upfront and wait for their request.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
I live in the UK but I started the CSQ process when I was in Asia. I don't know yet which is my VO but I think it's Sydney. I didn't pay RPFP upfront as my credit card expiry date was early this year and I understood that they reimburse on the card if we don't get the PR. So I preferred not to pay upfront and wait for their request.
Hello lsac,

Keep the belief that you will get the PR so you can enjoy your journey while waiting for it unless you know you cannot get it.
Wishing you good luck

MegaT

Dec 16, 2018
Hi there,

I just want to share my stats to verify if the delay is normal since I see that you guys have a lot of experience with the PR procedures.

Here's what I see on the ecas:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 28, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 28, 2018.
On the GCKey, it's showing that they're doing the background check since June 28. No updates until now.

I'm in QC-Canada, and the first time I came here was as a student with a study permit and now I have a work permit. Please let me know if you think that the delay is normal, especially that I have been waiting for almost 6 months, since they started the background check. (I sent the background check from RCMP with my application and it's crystal clear).

Thanks!

ziyu

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Hi there,

I just want to share my stats to verify if the delay is normal since I see that you guys have a lot of experience with the PR procedures.

Here's what I see on the ecas:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 28, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 28, 2018.
On the GCKey, it's showing that they're doing the background check since June 28. No updates until now.

I'm in QC-Canada, and the first time I came here was as a student with a study permit and now I have a work permit. Please let me know if you think that the delay is normal, especially that I have been waiting for almost 6 months, since they started the background check. (I sent the background check from RCMP with my application and it's cristal clear).

Thanks!
you are in a normal time frame. What do you mean a delay

MegaT

Dec 16, 2018
you are in a normal time frame. What do you mean a delay
Thanks for responding! I saw the post '' The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>> '' and the author is saying that normally for a background check, it doesn't take more than 3-5 months. I don't know if the delay concern only the Express Entry or not. That's why I decided to ask the question here.

Link to the post:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

lawrenceraj

Oct 8, 2018
Hi Lawrence,

The timeline given by CIC is 18 months but the process is normally getting completed between 20-22 months. Even in cases where they have requested for additional documents in the final stages of the process they have completed in about 22 months only. I am not aware of your timeline but if you have completed more than 19 months, you are nearing the window where the PPR's are issued. :)
For some people some steps happen in the early stages, like for example some people are asked to submit their medical reports in the first 3-4 months itself, but they too have to wait in line for 18-22 months. The overall period neither goes below 18 nor crosses 22 months. One more observation is that it reaches 22 months in cases where additional documents are required. Finally, this is an analysis based on several observations, not a statistical data but nonetheless a common phenomenon. So relax, look at your timeline and you will understand for yourself. I too have received my pre-arrival services letter on October 31st and in IP2. Good Luck!

Sgawly

Nov 3, 2013
HI All,

I was asked to Pay the RPRF and then I paid the amount and uploaded the receipt on the GCKEY application details , I don't know if that is the right place to upload the receipt worried that they do not receive it , can anyone verify this step for me ????????

ShannonT

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi Isac

I read it speeds up a bit when paying it upfront. I would too but my outdated agency is reluctant to do so. I don’t see why you won’t get the PR. Up to you but in my honest opinion, you should put all the chances on your side and paying upfront might be considered as a proof of interest.

homiii

Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys
I got my CSQ and sent my documents to Sydney, Novascotia one month ago. On the other hand I got an admission from a Canadian university for fall 2019 semester. Does anybody know if my admission could affect the processing time of my visa? I mean if I tell them about my admission, would they shorten the processing time of my application?

Kareem222

Sep 12, 2011
Hi guys
I got my CSQ and sent my documents to Sydney, Novascotia one month ago. On the other hand I got an admission from a Canadian university for fall 2019 semester. Does anybody know if my admission could affect the processing time of my visa? I mean if I tell them about my admission, would they shorten the processing time of my application?
I think it will not negatively affect your application process, it even shows your interest to the country and will help you in process.