+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Kashif_PK

Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a question. I filed my federal stage application in July 2018. Paid upfront fee. Processing time for my country (Pakistan) is still 18 months. I have received Medical Request and Spouse Police certificate request today (after 4 months).

So I am a bit puzzled because I thought they send medical request after they have done all background checks etc. Have they changed the procedure??

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Average processing time is 18 months only. I dont think that they are still processing the Jan to Feb 2017 applicants coz the April 2018 applicants already got their MR on their 5th or 6th months. Do you mean the 2017 processing time is almost two years?? It all depends with the visa office fyi. The inland applicants are faster!
Yes I agree. But unfortunately, all those people who had done their medicals in sep 2017 had their medicals expired since they didn't get their DM or PPR event till sep/oct 2018.

But I have also seen cases where people who applied in July 2018, have already got medical requests. Thought, its still uncertain how soon would they get their PPR.

immigration is all on the mercy of the nation's policies and priorities at the moment.

Thanks.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
I have cleared my medicals on October 31st 2018. I have already submitted my PCC and all other documents long time back. Although I know that the processing time is 3 months I was also told that the status changes once the background check is complete. I want to know if the background check is done after the receipt of the medical records or before that? I have even paid the RPRF on October 17th 2018. There is not a single document that I am supposed to submit now. So why does it still say that we are checking if you are eligible? And why does it still say that we are reviewing the additional documents that you have submitted. The additional document is the RPRF payment receipt.

2 more points. I had sent them an email in the month of August 2018 to know about the status and to get more clarity on the timelines. They had sent a standard reply stating that my application is received and that they will get back if anything else required. On November 2nd 2018 I have ordered for the GCMS notes on the basis of a suggestion received on this forum. Now, do you think I should send them an email once again and ask about the status as I have completed 18 months of the timeline.
I would say be patient. Please bear in mind that if they have mentioned 18 months timeline, that doesn't necessarily mean that every single case will be processed within 18 months. Immigration Processing timelines are quite messed up with the internal priorities of a nation, especially around the job codes they would want to join their country at the earliest.

Coming to your background check question, I have seen a couple of people mentioning that they called at the skype helpline and they were informed that their Background check is in progress. This happened after they submitted their medicals in oct 2018. And few of them got their DM and PPR in the first week of Nov.

I really hope your time comes soon. But yes, Patience is the key.

Thanks.

Reactions: FromINDIA2674

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
as
Hi guys,

I have a question. I filed my federal stage application in July 2018. Paid upfront fee. Processing time for my country (Pakistan) is still 18 months. I have received Medical Request and Spouse Police certificate request today (after 4 months).

So I am a bit puzzled because I thought they send medical request after they have done all background checks etc. Have they changed the procedure??

Any feedback would be most appreciated.
As far as I know, they complete background checks after medicals are received. And you should have sent them your wife's PCC upfront. But anyways, you can arrange that now and send it to CIC

Kashif_PK

Nov 15, 2018
as

As far as I know, they complete background checks after medicals are received. And you should have sent them your wife's PCC upfront. But anyways, you can arrange that now and send it to CIC
Thanks for your reply. Wife's PCC was not mentioned in the checklist that I downloaded. Anyway. I'll send it now.

Reactions: ertarun

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Hello everybody,
My 18 months is done tomorrow.
They received my application on may 15 2017 ( inland). I did my medical before mailing the application and I paid all the fees. Therefore I have never been contacted.
I’m wondering what should I ask from cic when I call them ? Can they give more details than my BC is under process ?

Hi only3dot
Have you tried to get the GCMS notes?

FromINDIA2674

Star Member
May 3, 2017
India
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-07-2017
Med's Request
16-10-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
I would say be patient. Please bear in mind that if they have mentioned 18 months timeline, that doesn't necessarily mean that every single case will be processed within 18 months. Immigration Processing timelines are quite messed up with the internal priorities of a nation, especially around the job codes they would want to join their country at the earliest.

Coming to your background check question, I have seen a couple of people mentioning that they called at the skype helpline and they were informed that their Background check is in progress. This happened after they submitted their medicals in oct 2018. And few of them got their DM and PPR in the first week of Nov.

I really hope your time comes soon. But yes, Patience is the key.

Thanks.
Thank you ertarun. I guess you are right. I should patiently wait for my turn now. My application is in its final stages and now I should patiently wait & watch. Thank you for your sincere wishes. I sincerely hope your turn too comes soon. :)

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Thank you ertarun. I guess you are right. I should patiently wait for my turn now. My application is in its final stages and now I should patiently wait & watch. Thank you for your sincere wishes. I sincerely hope your turn too comes soon. :)

I will be looking forward to hearing the great news from your side dear FromINDIA2674
all the best

Reactions: FromINDIA2674

FromINDIA2674

Star Member
May 3, 2017
India
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-07-2017
Med's Request
16-10-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
I will be looking forward to hearing the great news from your side dear FromINDIA2674
all the best
Dear mgazi...I really don't know how to thank you, ertarun and all others who are motivating me in these times of anxiety. Once again thank you. Hoping for all best things for you all too. Will update as soon as I get to know the great news :)

only3dot

Apr 18, 2018
Hello everybody,
They received my application on may 15 2017. I did my medical before mailing the application and I paid all the fees. Therefore I have never been contacted.
I’m wondering what should I m
Hi only3dot
Have you tried to get the GCMS notes?
Hi Mgazi,
Thanks for your reply.
I got the GCMS note 2 months ago and I will receive new one tomorrow.
It was mentioned in the main page that my eligibility is passed and security screening is NOT STARTED. Although in another page it was NRT.
Thanks for your reply.

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
Hello everybody,
They received my application on may 15 2017. I did my medical before mailing the application and I paid all the fees. Therefore I have never been contacted.
I’m wondering what should I m

Hi Mgazi,
Thanks for your reply.
I got the GCMS note 2 months ago and I will receive new one tomorrow.
It was mentioned in the main page that my eligibility is passed and security screening is NOT STARTED. Although in another page it was NRT.
Thanks for your reply.
Great then. You will have good news to share in 2 days I hope.

Reactions: only3dot

gustavohc

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Brazil
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
Doc's Request.
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
14-06-2016
Thanks. I too paid landing fee upfront.

My file's courier was delivered to CIC Nova Scotia on 11th Oct 2018. Ever since I am waiting for UCI.

Hopefully, I get it soon.
You don't need to worry right now because it's been only one month for you. I'm waiting almost 3 months now. But hopefully we'll get our AoR soon.