+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

SamRe

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
I might also have to extend my work permit now. I am little confused, can we apply for open work permit or just the closed one.
We cannot apply for open work permit.. I just applied and got it refused.. following is the letter I got:

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

To be considered for a bridging open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and submit proof that you have sent an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under one of the following programs:

Provincial Nominee Class (PNC )
Caring for Children Class / Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class
Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC)
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because only employer specific Work Permits may be issued under the FSW program in Quebec.. For further details on eligibility requirements please see our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp. As per the information on the CIC website: “International Mobility Program: Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain Quebec Selection Certificate holders currently in Quebec (exemption code A75) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/quebec/renewal.asp The applicant must currently be a resident of Quebec. The work permit is valid for the duration of the job offer and cannot exceed two years. This time limit should allow the applicant sufficient time to submit an application for permanent residence before the work permit expires. Work permits are issued by the authority of paragraph R205(a) (LMIA exemption code A75). The application must include copies of the valid CSQ and the job offer to work in Quebec. The CSQ must indicate one of the following codes in section 9, Catégorie: “IQ – Travailleurs qualifiés”, “IP – Travailleurs”, “IT – Travailleurs qualifiés”, “IZ – PEQ Travailleurs”, “IY – PEQ Étudiants”, or “I6 Travailleurs Art.40”.

Only employer-specific work permits are to be issued (no open work permits). Spouses or common-law partners who are accompanying the principal applicant and who are currently in Canada are entitled to apply for an open work permit for the duration of the principal applicant’s work permit, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation (LMIA exemption code A75). Employer compliance fee The regulations concerning the International Mobility Program provide that when hiring LMIA-exempt foreign workers, employers must pay an employer compliance fee and submit an Offer of Employment to IRCC.”

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
We cannot apply for open work permit.. I just applied and got it refused.. following is the letter I got:

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

To be considered for a bridging open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and submit proof that you have sent an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under one of the following programs:

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because only employer specific Work Permits may be issued under the FSW program in Quebec.. For further details on eligibility requirements please see our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp. As per the information on the CIC website: “International Mobility Program: Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain Quebec Selection Certificate holders currently in Quebec (exemption code A75) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/quebec/renewal.asp The applicant must currently be a resident of Quebec. The work permit is valid for the duration of the job offer and cannot exceed two years. This time limit should allow the applicant sufficient time to submit an application for permanent residence before the work permit expires. Work permits are issued by the authority of paragraph R205(a) (LMIA exemption code A75). The application must include copies of the valid CSQ and the job offer to work in Quebec. The CSQ must indicate one of the following codes in section 9, Catégorie: “IQ – Travailleurs qualifiés”, “IP – Travailleurs”, “IT – Travailleurs qualifiés”, “IZ – PEQ Travailleurs”, “IY – PEQ Étudiants”, or “I6 Travailleurs Art.40”.

Only employer-specific work permits are to be issued (no open work permits). Spouses or common-law partners who are accompanying the principal applicant and who are currently in Canada are entitled to apply for an open work permit for the duration of the principal applicant’s work permit, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation (LMIA exemption code A75). Employer compliance fee The regulations concerning the International Mobility Program provide that when hiring LMIA-exempt foreign workers, employers must pay an employer compliance fee and submit an Offer of Employment to IRCC.”
Thank you for your spontaneous response! So, the only option is to apply for the closed work permit. Were you able to re-apply for closed work permit?

SamRe

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thank you for your spontaneous response! So, the only option is to apply for the closed work permit. Were you able to re-apply for closed work permit?
Not yet.. unfortunately my employer is not willing to help me apply for a closed work permit..

sajid7x7

Jun 19, 2013

Hello there! What is the current processing time for the work permit extension with this method? My work permit expires in 1st September 2018 and I am currently entering 14 months since application submission. Medical is passed. Wondering when I should start the application....

SamRe

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello there! What is the current processing time for the work permit extension with this method? My work permit expires in 1st September 2018 and I am currently entering 14 months since application submission. Medical is passed. Wondering when I should start the application....
45 days.

Reactions: sajid7x7

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Hey guys,

My VO asked me to have a second medical exam because the first one has already expired. I have done it and CIC status showed that I am passed it. When can I expect my PPR as I have applied federal part in August 2016? Any idea?

Thanks in advance

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only an update: Security screening is still in progress.
Got a mail from CBSA, they need to have an extension of 30 days to send the notes to me.

ham584

Jan 23, 2017
Hello all!

I got my GCMS notes, and it mentioned that my "file sent to ready for PS".

Do you have any idea what does it mean?

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Hi,
Did you renew your expired CSQ sinCE you stated new Csq. If so, did your CSQ expire during the process by cic?
CIC had it renewed for me. There's no way to do it yourself (as far as I'm aware and I searched.... I needed a new work permit when it was going to expire and I was lucky CIC requested a renewal before CIC-work permits- started working on my WP request). If it is valid when you apply, they will request renewal if it expires.

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
I guess you can wait, since you have 4 more months and the processing time is 16 months. You can apply anytime before your work permit expires and still be in status as long as the application decision is made.

Reactions: sajid7x7

Kyle_Steve

Star Member
May 7, 2016
hi everyone

I received my GCMS notes and it says that criminality check is passed and I am under security screening. The agent working on my case forwarded file to another officer for security screening with a due date of 01-May-2018 but still I have not received any update. How long is it likely to take to complete this security screening stage and what is the next stage for this. how can I know if security screening was done on due date or not. I mailed to my visa office (London) but they have not responded me yet. Very frustrating.

Hanzmolar

Feb 5, 2016
hi everyone

I received my GCMS notes and it says that criminality check is passed and I am under security screening. The agent working on my case forwarded file to another officer for security screening with a due date of 01-May-2018 but still I have not received any update. How long is it likely to take to complete this security screening stage and what is the next stage for this. how can I know if security screening was done on due date or not. I mailed to my visa office (London) but they have not responded me yet. Very frustrating.
Check the link below.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u42_1NYo4tvzzdqoUBrYkKBLkxXfiopb37_84_RrbIc/edit#gid=736887406

AURUM

May 7, 2018
paris
Category........
QSW
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Request
04-08-2017
Med's Done....
18-08-2017
CIC had it renewed for me. There's no way to do it yourself (as far as I'm aware and I searched.... I needed a new work permit when it was going to expire and I was lucky CIC requested a renewal before CIC-work permits- started working on my WP request). If it is valid when you apply, they will request renewal if it expires.
Thank you for that peace of mind

Reactions: mriekje