+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Wait what....

Somehow my PR cards have made it to an immigration firm in Toronto even though I did not provide address to CBSA agent. I did not hire this firm for my PR processing though my company had hired them 3 years back to get my Intra Company Transfer work permit processed. I checked myCIC profile and I do not see any details of this immigration firm in my profile. I received an email from Receptionist of that immigration firm asking me to provide a Canadian address. I have requested her to send PR cards to my US address.
Well isn't this creepy. I think they messed up something at the border during your soft landing. At least the receptionist is nice enough to send the card to you, and not ask you to show up in person to pick it up... Probably it's not worth putting more energy into this, but I might be a little bit annoying and ask them to send an official clarification as to why the card was sent to someplace that had nothing to do with your application.
There are so many ways CIC can surprise you! Always different!

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Logged into my CIC, and my application said "Updated". Background check says:
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Before this, it was not applicable.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Reactions: sunnymks

tatiana1994

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hi All,

Am very new to this portal.Requesting your expert advice on my situations.

Me and my Spouse have CSQ and PR applications in the final stage.(Received medical and awaiting for passport request).

Currently my wife is pregnant and expecting a baby by end of March-2018.We both working in Canada and she went to home county for giving birth to child.What would be best option for getting added our expected newborn in the applications as sponsorship looks lengthy process.How to to add baby in our PR applications ?Do baby need to undergo CSQ process ?Appreciate your answers. When i want to notify this to CIC ?
It would be more suitable for your wife to give birth in canada . Because the child will be canadian by birth and you won't need to add himto your permanant residency application .
Your application will be more complicated if your wife give birth in your home country . First, you have to add the baby , as soon as you will do they will understand that your wife is no longer in canada . They will ask to fill again the background schedule (Annexe A) to send again another attestation of police clearance . And they could send another medical request for your wife and your child . As they are no longer living in canada , CIC will want to have more information .
The logic is simple , If they are in another country CIC want to know if they commited a crime after leaving canada , if they contracted any sickness after leaving canada . And also , they might be an interrogatiuon about who is suitable to treat your application . As the application of your wife and your future child should be transferred to the VO of your country . And yours should be treated in ottawa .
This will probably delay your application
I kindly advise you to call CIC and to ask them . Also , may be you could think about the way to bring back your wife to give birth in canada .

Last edited:
Reactions: sunnymks and melito

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
It would be more suitable for your wife to give birth in canada . Because the child will be canadian by birth and you won't need to add himto your permanant residency application .
Your application will be more complicated if your wife give birth in your home country . First, you have to add the baby , as soon as you will do they will understand that your wife is no longer in canada . They will ask to fill again the background schedule (Annexe A) to send again another attestation of police clearance . And they could send another medical request for your wife and your child . As they are no longer living in canada , CIC will want to have more information .
The logic is sample , If they are in another country CIC want to know if they commited a crime after leaving canada , if they contracted any sickness after leaving canada . And also , they might be an interrogatiuon about who is suitable to treat your application . As the application of your wife and your future child should be transferred to the VO of your country . And yours should be treated in ottawa .
This will probably delay your application
I kindly advise you to call CIC and to ask them . Also , may be you could think about the way to bring back your wife to give birth in canada .
@can_333, your expecting baby by Mar-2018, so its not advisable to travel back and forth
If you want to add your child as dependent, as per CIC it would take 12 months.Start this process at the earliest.So that, your kid will also become PR in 1 year.

While requesting for passport, you will get the below email from CIC. Use the below highlighted option to submit your passport to your home country Visa office, however this may cause some delay in getting PR for your wife. Else, mail your wife passport along with your passport from Canada itself, however this is not legal, but it will still work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

SamRe

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello All,

Following is my scenario:

- I got my CSQ already.
- I have applied for PR in Feb this year and sent my CSQ along with the application package.
- I'm gonna get married in June this year.
- My PGWP is gonna expire in early June 2019.
- She will come to Canada on open work permit after marriage and her visa will also expire in early June 2019.

Following are my questions:

1) To modify my PR application while it's in progress to add my wife, does she require CSQ?
2) If she requires CSQ, how long will it take to get it?
3) Should I add her as non-dependent?
4) Since she won't be getting PR before June 2019, can she extend her visa to stay with me (Since I will have received my PR by then if I add her as non-dependent)? Or she has to leave Canada?

Pls help...

GA90

Aug 15, 2017
Jeeez! While people are getting married, be pregnant, giving birth and still their QSWP application is in progress. My complete condolences to all couples going through all of this hustle.

QSWP should stand for Quebec Slow Working Program.

Reading stories in this forum is really painful.

Mansev

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Visa Office......
nova scotia
hello friends applied fedral aug 2017
aor nov 2017
after that no news
GCKEY no updates
is that normal ?

Bossman@2018

Feb 7, 2018
Cayman Islands
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Trinidad & Tobago
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2017
Nomination.....
December 21, 2016
AOR Received.
June 29, 2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
July 18, 2017
Med's Request
March 29, 2018
Med's Done....
April 12, 2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 29, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 9, 2018
LANDED..........
TBD
Hello,
A friend of mine got Decision Made on her file today.
Can somebody please advise how long it takes from DM to Passport request?
Thanks.
Congrats

moiz.kapadia

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Karachi
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Hello All,

Following is my scenario:

- I got my CSQ already.
- I have applied for PR in Feb this year and sent my CSQ along with the application package.
- I'm gonna get married in June this year.
- My PGWP is gonna expire in early June 2019.
- She will come to Canada on open work permit after marriage and her visa will also expire in early June 2019.

Following are my questions:

1) To modify my PR application while it's in progress to add my wife, does she require CSQ?
2) If she requires CSQ, how long will it take to get it?
3) Should I add her as non-dependent?
4) Since she won't be getting PR before June 2019, can she extend her visa to stay with me (Since I will have received my PR by then if I add her as non-dependent)? Or she has to leave Canada?

Pls help...
Yes, your wife also need CSQ but as you said that you already filled your PR application, it will be very tricky to add your wife. If your job is under NOC 0 A or B, apply for her work permit, wait for your PR and then apply for your wife.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Logged into my CIC, and my application said "Updated". Background check says:
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Before this, it was not applicable.
It is really a good Sign for you dear melito

Reactions: melito

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Guys, got PPR at 9:01 pm sharp Feb 9th !! Soooo happy. Now I'm waiting for my new passport to come in