+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
One question guys so for visa exempt folks just need to send all pages of passport ?
Yes, or actually just the name+information page and copies of those pages that have anything on them, like stamps. My passport had just one page with stamps so I sent a copy of that and the info page.

Bro when did you send your passport to ottawa for visa stamping?
January 3rd, and it arrived one day later at CIC.

sharan0001

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
feb 2017
Med's Request
Sept 2017
Med's Done....
21Sept 2017
Passport Req..
14 feb 2018
hi everyone.. i entered in 15month .no news.
AOR feb 2017
landing fee march 2017
medical done nd result received sept 2017
till now in process.
anyone sharing same timeline?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Yes, or actually just the name+information page and copies of those pages that have anything on them, like stamps. My passport had just one page with stamps so I sent a copy of that and the info page.

January 3rd, and it arrived one day later at CIC.
Perfect thanks Betula

Reactions: sunnymks

helldriver011

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
hi everyone.. i entered in 15month .no news.
AOR feb 2017
landing fee march 2017
medical done nd result received sept 2017
till now in process.
anyone sharing same timeline?
Applied Oct 13, 2016 (inland)
AOR 27th Jan, 2017
Medical done 13th March, 2017
medical passed April (first week), 2017
Pre-arrival msg on november 18, 2017.
Still waiting for PPR/DM :( :( :(

sharan0001

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
feb 2017
Med's Request
Sept 2017
Med's Done....
21Sept 2017
Passport Req..
14 feb 2018
thats really sad. whats going on with files

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
sometimes i really wonder whats going on at cic with the QSW files. Last year we could guess of quotas almost being achieved, many staff on hols etc . Now this a new year everything starts from zero. ie new targets , new quotas etc and we are suppose to be seeing some progress for QSW . I do see progress in the other categories but CSQ, hmm nothing as compared to the others. you see people with more than 15 months in process for no reason, and all they tell you is your file is waiting review by an officer ( like they lack officers) if they are doing this for quota reasons, we are in a new year with new targets and new objectives ,so whats their point? you have 3 applicants with same background, one in EE one in spousal and the other QSW. EE gets visa in 6 months or less, spousal gets visa in about 8-10 months and QSW gets visa in 20 months..its not only with inland applicants, its for all VO. i even see some progress at ottawa, its a grave yard at the visa offices. why is this really happening? is the anyone who understands this logic ? because i dont get it at all. I know all we have to do is wait, but it hurts when you see other files in different categories moving at the speed of light and yours stays put for months and months on the same spot for no reason other than awaiting for initial review, not even final review , initial review after over 12months in the process. smh

gaye_ga

Nov 9, 2014
Hi Guys,
I am a PEQ applicant and for me Background Check always stated:

"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

I am not sure if the right scenario is to go from "N/A" to the message above then back to "N/A" but my BC has always been like that.
Could someone please explain to me what the general scenarios are ? :(

Also my medicals went from "You passed" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
since 2 months and hasn't changed at all.

Bit confusing, should I request some GCMS notes?:eek:
Hello,

I don't know about the difference of two programs. But we are patiently waiting for the next steps without ordering gmcs since we are an outland applicant. All we can do is pray for the good news to come soonest. God bless us.

Reactions: sunnymks

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
sometimes i really wonder whats going on at cic with the QSW files. Last year we could guess of quotas almost being achieved, many staff on hols etc . Now this a new year everything starts from zero. ie new targets , new quotas etc and we are suppose to be seeing some progress for QSW . I do see progress in the other categories but CSQ, hmm nothing as compared to the others. you see people with more than 15 months in process for no reason, and all they tell you is your file is waiting review by an officer ( like they lack officers) if they are doing this for quota reasons, we are in a new year with new targets and new objectives ,so whats their point? you have 3 applicants with same background, one in EE one in spousal and the other QSW. EE gets visa in 6 months or less, spousal gets visa in about 8-10 months and QSW gets visa in 20 months..its not only with inland applicants, its for all VO. i even see some progress at ottawa, its a grave yard at the visa offices. why is this really happening? is the anyone who understands this logic ? because i dont get it at all. I know all we have to do is wait, but it hurts when you see other files in different categories moving at the speed of light and yours stays put for months and months on the same spot for no reason other than awaiting for initial review, not even final review , initial review after over 12months in the process. smh
Well, let's take another angle :) I believe that Quebec itself did not want to join the EE system, because they wanted to be able to decide themselves who to admit into their province. Because apparently the worker category is the only one they can really control. So before EE QSW program was on par with other provincial nominee programs in terms of processing times. Then EE appeared, QSW stayed fixed to the processing times and whatever was agreed upon before. Quebec seems to planning an EE-type of program itself but well... Things can be a little sluggish :) But also they can use this lengthy process as their weapon: "if we get to control the process fully by ourselves, trust us, it will be better and faster and all good things will come". Also, as cruel as it may sound, I think applicants are just numbers on paper, without regard to personal history or emotional aspects, or what we call "fairness". There are always more people coming than can be taken so no worries about reaching quotas eventually. So who knows how they organize their work, since they don't really have to think about "but is it fair to the applicants that we read manuals for 2 weeks in January".

Whoever I talked to never had fond memories about any immigration process. It is brutal, it is personal, it is painful. Basically you have given someone the authority to scrutinize you as a person - whether you are good enough for them. And you suffer because of your country of origin, or your background, or your linguistic capabilities, or just simply because of the application process that eats you. It is a difficult path that we have chosen to walk.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY