+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
Reactions: sunnymks

HJM

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Does anyone the exact address where we send our passport for CoPR? The address we send is CPC – Ottawa – PR, PO Box 9780, Ottawa ON K1G 4B9 but it doesn't show an exact location on google maps. I am planning to visit the office to get my passport back as I need it to fly out of country. Any suggestions/tips are appreciated.

Thank you

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone the exact address where we send our passport for CoPR? The address we send is CPC – Ottawa – PR, PO Box 9780, Ottawa ON K1G 4B9 but it doesn't show an exact location on google maps. I am planning to visit the office to get my passport back as I need it to fly out of country. Any suggestions/tips are appreciated.

Thank you
Hey HJM,

Here's the address of the office :
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Good luck.

Reactions: sunnymks

DesertBoi27

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Hello everyone, I know that the answer to this question might be an obvious one: A Canadian friend whose passport is expired will be driving me to the border (lacole) for exit and landing, does he need to renew his passport? or he can stay in duty free while waiting for me?

DesertBoi27

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
Hi @sunnymks

Please I need to know how much bank balance i need to maintain and show for QSW federal process. how long it should be maintained for? I shown bank balance statement when i initially applied for QSW. do i need to show again for federal?

thanks in advance.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Hi @sunnymks

Please I need to know how much bank balance i need to maintain and show for QSW federal process. how long it should be maintained for? I shown bank balance statement when i initially applied for QSW. do i need to show again for federal?

thanks in advance.
Dear go.quebec

Kindly note that there is nowhere mentioned in the Document Checklist of the Federal Part that we need to show the minimum funds, but we need to show the minimum funds while landing.

However I have shown the funds in the federal application as well because at that time I had the same in the fixed deposit form.

Last edited:
Reactions: go.quebec

amitknai7

Jul 3, 2017
Hello,
I applied for CSQ in Dec 2016 from Montreal, Canada. I moved back to India in Jan 2017 after staying for 22 months in Montreal. Received CSQ for me, my spouse and two kids aged 10 and 4 years. Paid fees of 1400 CAD and sent the PR application to Nova Scotia.
Now I would like to know further steps. I will apply for PCC here in India. Should i apply for all four of us? Is PCC required to be applied for in Montreal as I stayed there for 22 months? if yes, any idea on process.

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
Dear go.quebec

Kindly note that there is nowhere mentioned in the Document Checklist of the Federal Part that we need to show the minimum funds, but we need to show the minimum funds while landing.

However I have shown the funds in the federal application as well because at that time I had the same in the fixed deposit form.
Thanks....one more clarification.
I heard that MIDI is conducting interviews for applicants who are already awarded CSQ to test their french and if the applicant fails the interview his/her PR application will be withdrawn or cancelled.
I am not sure how far this is true and if it is for PEQ or REG applicants.
whats your opinion?

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
I will apply for PCC here in India. Should i apply for all four of us?
Dear amitknai7

Kindly note that PCC required for the person aged 18 years and above,so you need to apply the PCC for you and your spouse from/in India.

Hope this helps and wish you all the very best for the rest of the processing of your application.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Thanks....one more clarification.
I heard that MIDI is conducting interviews for applicants who are already awarded CSQ to test their french and if the applicant fails the interview his/her PR application will be withdrawn or cancelled.
whats your opinion?
I am sorry,I haven't heard this thing.
However I would request @APPNOV2014NY and @poisonapple to kindly share your experience/opinion in this.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Is PCC required to be applied for in Montreal as I stayed there for 22 months? if yes, any idea on process.
In my point of view you will have to apply for the same. AS PER THE DOCUMENT CHECKLIST ' You must get a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a
row since the age of 18'

So,I think you should take the necessary steps to get the same at the earliest.

Hope this helps.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
whats your opinion?
I think it was in the last year when MIDI has recalled many CSQ Holders for the interview who applied under PEQ. Because under regular QSW you can apply for the CSQ(if you achieve the pass mark points) even if you have no knowledge of The French Language (as mentioned on the MIDI website).

However I would request to other forum members to kindly share your opinions/experience.