+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

chiragdedania

Aug 6, 2014
Hi Guys,

I applied for Federal in Oct,2016. At that time, I was single but I married this year on Feb, 2017. I didn't inform to CIC at the time of marriage because my spouse did not had sufficient documents in hand (i.e. Passport) and some of her documents needed to be translated.

Meantime I received medical and I passed it. Then I received Passport Request in Nov, 2017. At that time, I had all the documents ready for my wife. So, I have attached cover letter explaining the change in my marital status and requested to add my spouse as non-accompanying and added below documents with my original passport and send it for stamping. I have submitted all these things to Canada Visa Application Centre on 17-Nov-2017.
  • Notarized copy of birth certificate of my spouse.
  • Notarized copy of my spouse’s valid passport.
  • Four recent passport-size photographs of my spouse according to the specifications.
  • Police clearance certificate of my spouse.
  • Updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form to include my spouse
  • A completed IMM5669 schedule A - Background Declaration form completed and signed by my spouse
  • Notarized copy of my marriage certificate.
Now, I have received my COPR and VISA stamping on 01-Dec-2017 but it is showing single as my marital status and none in the dependents. My GC key account is also not showing the details for my spouse. My visa validity is till Sep, 2018.

I don't know why they have not added my spouse details on my COPR. Need your help on below concerns.
- Do I need to wait for medical request for my wife even if she is non-accompanying?
- Do I need to return my COPR and inform CIC about my status change again? (I already inform them at the time of stamping. They didn't ask further details of my spouse that time and given COPR to me as single).
- Should I fly to Canada without her medicals done and Sponsor her once I receive PR card? Will it create any issue while sponsoring my spouse?
- Is there any way to include my wife in my application and get CSQ for her? How long delay will be there?

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Hi Guys,

I applied for Federal in Oct,2016. At that time, I was single but I married this year on Feb, 2017. I didn't inform to CIC at the time of marriage because my spouse did not had sufficient documents in hand (i.e. Passport) and some of her documents needed to be translated.

Meantime I received medical and I passed it. Then I received Passport Request in Nov, 2017. At that time, I had all the documents ready for my wife. So, I have attached cover letter explaining the change in my marital status and requested to add my spouse as non-accompanying and added below documents with my original passport and send it for stamping. I have submitted all these things to Canada Visa Application Centre on 17-Nov-2017.
  • Notarized copy of birth certificate of my spouse.
  • Notarized copy of my spouse’s valid passport.
  • Four recent passport-size photographs of my spouse according to the specifications.
  • Police clearance certificate of my spouse.
  • Updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form to include my spouse
  • A completed IMM5669 schedule A - Background Declaration form completed and signed by my spouse
  • Notarized copy of my marriage certificate.
Now, I have received my COPR and VISA stamping on 01-Dec-2017 but it is showing single as my marital status and none in the dependents. My GC key account is also not showing the details for my spouse. My visa validity is till Sep, 2018.

I don't know why they have not added my spouse details on my COPR. Need your help on below concerns.
- Do I need to wait for medical request for my wife even if she is non-accompanying?
- Do I need to return my COPR and inform CIC about my status change again? (I already inform them at the time of stamping. They didn't ask further details of my spouse that time and given COPR to me as single).
- Should I fly to Canada without her medicals done and Sponsor her once I receive PR card? Will it create any issue while sponsoring my spouse?
- Is there any way to include my wife in my application and get CSQ for her? How long delay will be there?
Ideally you should have informed bit early to CIC regarding your marriage . As it is a serious concern of mis representation.
Yes your wife has to go for medicals irrespective of she is accompanying or not .
Don't do your landing formalities as single as it will left you in serious trouble and you will not be able to sponsor your wife if you obtain your pr card as single.
Though you have sent documents of your wife but CIC will take it's time to update your file.
I am not sure what they are going to do with copr but you need to wait or send email again asking to change in your single status.
If you apply for CSQ for your wife then it will have issues with your CSQ also as the points calculation will change

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

chiragdedania

Aug 6, 2014
Ideally you should have informed bit early to CIC regarding your marriage . As it is a serious concern of mis representation.
Yes your wife has to go for medicals irrespective of she is accompanying or not .
Don't do your landing formalities as single as it will left you in serious trouble and you will not be able to sponsor your wife if you obtain your pr card as single.
Though you have sent documents of your wife but CIC will take it's time to update your file.
I am not sure what they are going to do with copr but you need to wait or send email again asking to change in your single status.
If you apply for CSQ for your wife then it will have issues with your CSQ also as the points calculation will change
Thank you Raman for your kind help.

DesertBoi27

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Hey guys!

I finally got PPR, I got it like 5 minutes ago, so it might mean they are working overtime...

1. Application Received............17-11-2016
2. AOR Received......................19-02-2017
3. Med's Requested..................05-04-2017
4. Med's Done...........................21-04-2017
5. Decision Made (ECAS).........17-11-2017
6. PPR......................................05-12-2017

I am from an Visa exempt country, so I will be sending them just a copy of my passport, photos and the Annex A.
Congratulations! Just a question, has your ecas changed after receiving PPR?

Winners95

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hi,
Got DM (ECAS, no update in MyCIC) Yesterday, Got Pre-arrival services update in myCIC and application still says in process and background check in process. They received my file on 31 oct 2016 and i am an inland applicant. How long will it take to get the PPR?
Depends , some got it after 1 day . and recently after 3 weeks.

Did you get the DM today ?

Nokib

Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi,
Got DM (ECAS, no update in MyCIC) Yesterday, Got Pre-arrival services update in myCIC and application still says in process and background check in process. They received my file on 31 oct 2016 and i am an inland applicant. How long will it take to get the PPR?
Congratulations... at last at least cic did not stop working...

helldriver011

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
I am having my "I told you so" moment :D:D:D:D:D:D
Hello APPNOV2014NY, Any idea how to track GSM note status? I've requested for note at the beginning of October 2017, nothing yet!! I have asked for another one yesterday.. I have this Request tracking number I dont know how can I track my request.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello APPNOV2014NY, Any idea how to track GSM note status? I've requested for note at the beginning of October 2017, nothing yet!! I have asked for another one yesterday.. I have this Request tracking number I dont know how can I track my request.
Sorry. No idea. I have never heard of any tracking mechanism for GCMS Notes request.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
You could always try to email the address at the bottom of the message where you have the tracking number ( ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca.) Definitely more than 31 days have passed so they should reply to your inquiry. I'm sure you've checked your junk mail folder to make sure the notes are not there?