+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

rr88

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
I got a new passport during the waiting of federal stage. Should I notify CIC now? If so, how? Or should I wait CIC ask me for a new passport?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
I got a new passport during the waiting of federal stage. Should I notify CIC now? If so, how? Or should I wait CIC ask me for a new passport?
Yes you need to notify CIC , there is form available for change ...

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I just sent a copy of my new passport to CIC. I did this via the case specific enquiry form because it lets you submit documents, but I also wanted to let them know that my application is past 13 months. I guess I could have e-mailed it directly to CPC Ottawa as well but I'm sure it doesn't really make a huge difference.

Rimon2017

Aug 13, 2017
Hello folks,

The following is the status of my application for PR under the category QSW-Quebec. It is weird that the next step which is the MR has not come yet!?
Is it normal? does anyone have a similar condition? Thanks for any advice.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 31, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on June 16, 2017.

itsjap89

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
Med's Request
waiting..
Hello folks,

The following is the status of my application for PR under the category QSW-Quebec. It is weird that the next step which is the MR has not come yet!?
Is it normal? does anyone have a similar condition? Thanks for any advice.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 31, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on June 16, 2017.
For me last line says:
We started processing your application on February 16, 2017.

No update after that.

rr88

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
I just sent a copy of my new passport to CIC. I did this via the case specific enquiry form because it lets you submit documents, but I also wanted to let them know that my application is past 13 months. I guess I could have e-mailed it directly to CPC Ottawa as well but I'm sure it doesn't really make a huge difference.
What is the 'case specific enquiry form' you mentioned? Would you mind share with me? Thank you!

rr88

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
is this what you used? https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

only electronically? should I mail to CIC? which VO should I mail to? I'm inland PEQ class, it should be Ottawa but my initial application was sent to Sydney...

DesertBoi27

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
For those who got DM in mid November and waiting for PPR, I called CIC about the decision made. She said my file looks good and the paper hasnt been printed yet in Ottawa due to high peak season. She said it will take a month for me to receive the PPR. That being said, I am expecting to receive it next year.

Reactions: hec2016

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
is this what you used? https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

only electronically? should I mail to CIC? which VO should I mail to? I'm inland PEQ class, it should be Ottawa but my initial application was sent to Sydney...
Yeah, that's what I filled, it is electronic and they will direct it to your visa office. They will know from your application number etc. It is an online form so you cannot decide per se where to send. I even sent my RPRF receipt through that system.

Reactions: rr88

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
For those who got DM in mid November and waiting for PPR, I called CIC about the decision made. She said my file looks good and the paper hasnt been printed yet in Ottawa due to high peak season. She said it will take a month for me to receive the PPR. That being said, I am expecting to receive it next year.
Well isn't that a funny comment from the agent, because at least during the last 2 years the last quarter definitely wasn't peak season. It's always the slowest or second slowest. It's more like holiday party peak season if anything....

Last edited: