+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Aidda

Nov 21, 2017
We received pre arrival email two weeks (we are inside Canada, Montreal!) ago as well as medical request. And passed medical two days ago. I know it's good after 13 month.
My husband called cic center last week, the agent said security check has passed. Two days ago another agent said the application is still in security check!
On the other hand I applied for visitor visa three month ago, and they keep saying that you are in background check!
What a mess!
I really want to are they working? What is the problem?
If they say: you are in background check, for me is: we are not processing your application now!

Reactions: telegram

Aidda

Nov 21, 2017
We received pre arrival email two weeks (we are inside Canada, Montreal!) ago as well as medical request. And passed medical two days ago. I know it's good after 13 month.
My husband called cic center last week, the agent said security check has passed. Two days ago another agent said the application is still in security check!
On the other hand I applied for visitor visa three month ago, and they keep saying that you are in background check!
What a mess!
If they say: you are in background check, for me is: we are not processing your application now!
Also they asked us to send new FBI check( because we were in us three years ago and we never go to us during these years!) And police certificate from original country! Then we send another email and explained that we already send everything! And they then in Portal it changed to no more additional documents

helldriver011

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
What a mess!

Hey!!! its hard to say!!! I am also from Montreal. I have done my medical in March 2017, Got Pre-arrival service msg 2 weeks ago.. Still nothing.. As some of our friends here said that, it depends on the visa officer. If you call them usually they are not happy.. A friend of mine called and she got response like (we are processing your application now and it can take 18-24 months.. and the agent was really mad the fact she called);.. So its all relative.. I am trying my best to stay positive and hope for the best.. Goodluck both of you!!!!!!

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
How long does it take to take the canadian police certificate from police station (just asking in case they demand it) ?
15-20 days...

Aidda

Nov 21, 2017
Hey!!! its hard to say!!! I am also from Montreal. I have done my medical in March 2017, Got Pre-arrival service msg 2 weeks ago.. Still nothing.. As some of our friends here said that, it depends on the visa officer. If you call them usually they are not happy.. A friend of mine called and she got response like (we are processing your application now and it can take 18-24 months.. and the agent was really mad the fact she called);.. So its all relative.. I am trying my best to stay positive and hope for the best.. Goodluck both of you!!!!!!
Exactly! They punish us for following up our process!
Thanks and all the best for you

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I was lucky when I called and got a really nice agent who confirmed that yes, my application is beyond 13 months and she will send a message to Ottawa. Whatever the heck that means. Probably nothing. But at least they didn't treat me badly over the phone.

Reactions: gaye_ga

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
I was lucky when I called and got a really nice agent who confirmed that yes, my application is beyond 13 months and she will send a message to Ottawa. Whatever the heck that means. Probably nothing. But at least they didn't treat me badly over the phone.
What number did you call?

Sherms

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
That's good. I remember when we asked for a duplicate of our csq, they took over two months. The last officer we spoke to told us that they had exceeded the time so he's going to write to the responsible office and that we should call back after 3 days. We did and the officer who answered said it was sent out. We received the duplicate a day or two later.

Winners95

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I think there is only one week per month where they really send DM , and that week , many DM will be sent.

Lets wait for this week , hope its the next one

Reactions: phoenix111

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......