+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

514orbust

Mar 30, 2017
Nassau, Bahamas
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
App. Filed.......
19 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
03 Feb 2017
IELTS Request
Completed with App
File Transfer...
20 Feb 2017
Med's Request
29 Mar 2018
Med's Done....
5 Apr 2018
Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Same for me, got DM on ECAS on Nov 17, so far I have not received anything.
May be they want to clear Oct applicants backlog first before sending out PPR for Nov.

Another reason could be that PR visa processing is taking time. It's taking 28-30 days from PP delivery to Return tracker activation. Someone mentioned that it was 4-5 days in Summer and around 20 days in Oct. May be they want to clear that backlog first before accepting more passports for PR visa.

Reactions: hec2016

LeonChou

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone requested a screening file directly from CSIS? I did that by sending my request via fax. Do you guys have any idea about how long it takes to receive the file from CSIS?

itsjap89

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
Med's Request
waiting..
AOR: February 16, 2017

Still waiting for MR..

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Today is 456 days since my application was submitted and almost 12 months since AOR. Your point is?
Yeah, I know you're one of the long-term patrons here... I guess my frustration is that all this time nothing has been done with my application... Like zero progress. It hasn't been opened since AOR (except to record my medical exam, but that's it) -or at least so the record shows.

itsjap89

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
Med's Request
waiting..
Yeah, I know you're one of the long-term patrons here... I guess my frustration is that all this time nothing has been done with my application... Like zero progress. It hasn't been opened since AOR (except to record my medical exam, but that's it) -or at least so the record shows.
At least you got have a medical request.in my case still no MR

taemee

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
To be very honest.. There is not a lot to be done with our applications anyway. I believe that 95% work that is ever done within the office of CIC is done before AoR. Background check happens outside CIC they only get a straightforward report (Yes/No.. like a boolean, no Float) Medical Examination happens outside CIC they get a Report, again a Boolean. The papers and Forms and Fee and everything else that you submitted is checked and verified before AOR, anything slightly off, you get their response right away. Once submitted or corrected they put that in your file and go underground.
The whole timeline and processing period rocket science is basically Political. See they have quotas for each country, for each category, for each province, for each program. Nothing is random in this universe my friend not even Perlin Noise.
So at a given point in time if all parameters match, you get an email that says Decision Made.
Anything in their little universe doesn't match up and you don't hear anything. This is part of the reason this whole system is sooo... opaque. It was never designed to be transparent or visible. So for example Tomorrow if:
Your papers are complete
You passed your Med Exam
Your BG Check came white
The agreed upon time is up for you application
Quota for your Country of Origin is not already UP
Quota for the applicants in your category is not already UP
Quota/ Demand for the province in which you want to go is not already UP
few more similar functions with undefined variables....
The green bulb Goes Beep in front of the Kid, who is doing his internship at CIC as Junior Immigration Officer (Because the Immigration officer does not exist due to cuts) who will open your profile, will go to the tab, from a drop down list he or she will chose a preset (Decsion Made) and an automated batch process will run. This will send you two emails and do some other trigonometry, and you will Go Bananas... Everyone here will congratulate you and folks will modify their Sophisticated Algorithmic Postulates about why on earth they have not received their DMs yet and on Friday evening everyone will go Kapoot. ...
This is the reality bro. Suck it up...
Or else.. Live your life. Listen to or read something so amazing that it blows your Friggin mind off... and forget about this checking your status every day ritual... I hope it helps..

LeonChou

Oct 25, 2017
I see CIC assigns 41 human resources for QSW program, for 30,000 admissions every year, each VO processes ~750 cases every year, ~2 cases for every day....