+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hey! Looking at the excel sheet, we both applied the same day and have the same timeline. When was the last time you looked at your GCMS notes? I have ordered mine more than 30 days ago and still haven't received them. Have they started your security/criminality check?
NOps i revived mine just 2-3 days back :)

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
NOps i revived mine just 2-3 days back :)

That's really frustrating. Hopefully they'll get everything sorted soon so we can have our PR's by January.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
That's really frustrating. Hopefully they'll get everything sorted soon so we can have our PR's by January.
Yeah we can look forward for Jan ..

Reactions: sunnymks

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
How come doesn't Quebec care about its applicants? Usually they are so vocal about any inequality and injustice done to the province, but they don't seem to be bothered by the fact that their applicants are subject to very long processing times. I mean, they are not gaining any money from additional applications for work permits, visitor visas etc. that we have to apply to stay in the country, those payments go to CIC.
In pre-EE era QSW used to be one of the fastest way to immigrate to Canada.

Quebec does care but cannot do anything about this at this point. I guess, they had signed some agreement in pre-EE world with CIC that QSW applications will get adjusted in X months. They will need to scrap existing agreement and upgrade systems to move to some EE via PNP program that will expedite QSW processing. I bet most of us would not have bothered with this delay if EE did not exist. We are going bonkers only because EE applicants are getting PR in 6 months while it's taking 14 months for us.

Another aspect of this story is that Federal govt want Francophones to settle outside of Quebec. If they can keep QSW at current processing time then French speaking people with apply via EE and other programs ( OINP French etc.) and settle outside of Quebec. It will dissuade Quebec from launching another independence referendum on account of unique culture and French speaking majority.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/francophone.asp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_sovereignty_movement#Reasons_for_sovereignty

Reactions: cherti and Betula

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
i think 14 months period is just in the papers or just for the reference itself, i have submitted my application in July'2016 and @Can_Dream also submitted his application in june'2016 but we both are still waiting for the DM yet.

Furthermore we have seen many applicants with ADVO usually gets the finalization of their application in 18-19 months in average.
I have not seen any ADVO application adjusted since last several months. ADVO is black hole now. Application in and lost forever.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..

Quebec does care but cannot do anything about this at this point. I guess, they had signed some agreement in pre-EE world with CIC that QSW applications will get adjusted in X months. They will need to scrap existing agreement and upgrade systems to move to some EE via PNP program that will expedite QSW processing. I bet most of us would not have bothered with this delay if EE did not exist. We are going bonkers only because EE applicants are getting PR in 6 months while it's taking 14 months for us.

Another aspect of this story is that Federal govt want Francophones to settle outside of Quebec. If they can keep QSW at current processing time then French speaking people with apply via EE and other programs ( OINP French etc.) and settle outside of Quebec. It will dissuade Quebec from launching another independence referendum on account of unique culture and French speaking majority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_sovereignty_movement#Reasons_for_sovereignty[/QUOTE
Your second point i don't think will be applicable for any of current PR applicant as they will not be eligible for voting in next elections (federal or province -slated inn 2019) ...

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_sovereignty_movement#Reasons_for_sovereignty
I agree with you. I was just shy to pull all the sovereignty/culture stuff into my comment... I'm sure if we asked, we would be told that we would have received PR in two hours if Quebec had a completely independent immigration program!

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

rjpessoa

Aug 24, 2017

I believe if this deadline keeps increasing it becomes very difficult to apply through Quebec. The process takes more than 3 years, it's more expensive and it demands another language. If Quebec doesn't change it, so many applicants will choose another province. I've waiting my PR for 2 years already, and I'm in Canada.

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
14 months? CIC Seriously? Looking at their statistics am not even sure they will attain the QSW immigration target this year as they are far behind, and instead of speeding things up they do the opposite:eek:? Also they intend to bring more people in the years to come and instead of clearing backlog like their boss said they are instead increasing processing time?Or is it just a number ? I dont get it at all. Anyways like i said, we can never understand how those guys operate

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
14 months? CIC Seriously? Looking at their statistics am not even sure they will attain the QSW immigration target this year as they are far behind, and instead of speeding things up they do the opposite:eek:? Also they intend to bring more people in the years to come and instead of clearing backlog like their boss said they are instead increasing processing time?Or is it just a number ? I dont get it at all. Anyways like i said, we can never understand how those guys operate
Yep. But then again, target amount not met -so what? What is the consequence? Nothing. Just announce a different processing time. Processing time not met -so what, it is not a deadline. Immigration did not promise us anything, therefore no promises broken. And no loss for them. Simple.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Mus55

Oct 12, 2017
i think 14 months period is just in the papers or just for the reference itself, i have submitted my application in July'2016 and @Can_Dream also submitted his application in june'2016 but we both are still waiting for the DM yet.

Furthermore we have seen many applicants with ADVO usually gets the finalization of their application in 18-19 months in average.

i have submitted my application in Juin as well :(, No news

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Yep. But then again, target amount not met -so what? What is the consequence? Nothing. Just announce a different processing time. Processing time not met -so what, it is not a deadline. Immigration did not promise us anything, therefore no promises broken. And no loss for them. Simple.
Yes no promises broken. But remember it is a commitment they took not with us applying but to their government based on many factors. The government decided on doing immigration based on many factors and they have invested a lot in it. CIC comes up with a plan and commitment to satisfy the economic demands. If these demands are not met they willl have to answer to their authorities to explain why they were not upon all the resources provided to them. In other words we are not their boses nor do they owe us anything but they have their own bosses or people to answer to and give them explainations or reasons and even defend themselves when things dont go as planned. So if the have a target of 300k and acheive 250k , they have explanation to give as to why they could not meet that target.Not to as applicants , they owe us nothing, we are just elements they use to acheive their targets. If they were not being audited , or had to answer to parliament or to other organs, i dont think they would even process up to 100k applications:D

Last edited:

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Review of additional documents changed from

"We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details"

to

"We do not need additional documents".

@hxy610 has same update.