+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
Hi all ,
I am still waiting for my PR(Applied on Oct ,5 2016) and in the mean time I have applied couple of work permits.

Sharing this information which may be helpful for our co-applicants

First thing , you can have Multiple Work permit's you heard right MULTIPLE.( I have three ;) ), But have to use only one of them( if possible return unused)

Prerequisites: Offer of employment , CSQ and valid Work/Study Permit

Documents :
CSQ
Valid Work or Study Permit
Offer of Employment Number : To get this Employer has to pay around 250$ using employer portal..
Offer letter

At the border : Submit above Documents and pay 155$ application fee.
that's it ,you will get new Employer specific Work Permit valid for 2 years or upto the expiration date of CSQ.
Processing time : 15-20minutes @US Border for Flagpole and 15-20mins @Canadian Border for work permit.

Online : Is possible , with the same documents.
Hi @vicky_nani,
I think this applied for persons who are visa waived or persons who already have visa to allow them to return to Canada.....is this is right?

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Hi All,

I have a question about the PR card.

I see processing time on the CIC website is 61 days for 1st time PR Card, which gets posted out to a Canadian address.
I want to activate my PR asap, but at the same time I have plans to return home for the Christmas holidays. I believe that I can only re-enter Canada as a PR with a PR Card or a PR Travel Doc. I am hoping I don't have to go through the process of applying for the PRTD for obvious reasons.

Due to the fact that the CIC website states 13 months approx. for federal processing, but took me almost 16 months, I am not sure I trust the 61 day recommended processing time they outline lol.

Does anyone know on average how long it has been taking for the card to be sent out in the post?

Cheers! :)
This is my concern that I shared here as well... If I get my COPR during this year, I cannot validate it because I have plans to travel home for Christmas and it is not predictable how long it will take to receive PR card. Las week it said 66 days, you say it's 61 days, and it is likely to go back to the usual 45 days that it was for a long long time. But nobody knows. That's the problem with CIC that they do not have set deadlines for applications, but the processing times can rapidly change at any moment depending on the volume of applications they have to handle... Someone mentioned their card took 55 days recently.

Reactions: IrlInMtl

APayés

Mar 25, 2016
Hi all ,
I am still waiting for my PR(Applied on Oct ,5 2016) and in the mean time I have applied couple of work permits.

Sharing this information which may be helpful for our co-applicants

First thing , you can have Multiple Work permit's you heard right MULTIPLE.( I have three ;) ), But have to use only one of them( if possible return unused)

Prerequisites: Offer of employment , CSQ and valid Work/Study Permit

Documents :
CSQ
Valid Work or Study Permit
Offer of Employment Number : To get this Employer has to pay around 250$ using employer portal..
Offer letter

At the border : Submit above Documents and pay 155$ application fee.
that's it ,you will get new Employer specific Work Permit valid for 2 years or upto the expiration date of CSQ.
Processing time : 15-20minutes @US Border for Flagpole and 15-20mins @Canadian Border for work permit.

Online : Is possible , with the same documents.
Thanks for the info but is it possible to get a work permit if we are outside Canada and my PR process is at the final stage (waiting desition made)? I can get a work offer from a employer of Quebec and CSQ valid for a couple of years

Thanks for your response

IrlInMtl

Oct 30, 2016
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30-10-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
This is my concern that I shared here as well... If I get my COPR during this year, I cannot validate it because I have plans to travel home for Christmas and it is not predictable how long it will take to receive PR card. Las week it said 66 days, you say it's 61 days, and it is likely to go back to the usual 45 days that it was for a long long time. But nobody knows. That's the problem with CIC that they do not have set deadlines for applications, but the processing times can rapidly change at any moment depending on the volume of applications they have to handle... Someone mentioned their card took 55 days recently.
Thanks!

55 days would be good as I think I may just get it in time. But it is very risky. Will just have to wait and see :)

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
almost 11 months waiting , and background check didnt start yet

many people in this case ?
Yes there are couple of folks who are in same situation ... what's your GCMS notes says ..?

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
This is good news. Hopefully you will get MR very soon.
I just read this in your signature : "CSIS (29th Sept): "not received a security screening request from IRCC". Do you mind sharing how you know?

highheel987

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
Is this processing days on CIC site is only working days or Total days?