+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
I now believe that CIC is delaying DM/PPR for PEQ-QSW folks. If you check CIC timelines spreadsheet , you will notice that most of the guys with "delayed DM/PPR" are PEQ-QSW.

TR8, Nik and Balt confirmed that they applied as PEQ.
From earlier conversations I know that @taemee is PEQ-QSW.
Still waiting for response from few others but I believe most of the remaining delayed DM/PPR will be in PEQ category.
Any other factor that these applications might have in common?? =/

I would have a hard time believing the reason would be being PEQ applicant. I mean.... IRCC basically only cares you have a CSQ, right? And even if they havd to descriminate between both programs, would not it make more sense to actually expedite PEQ applicants (people who have already lived in Quebec, and have experience in the province)?

I understand there were some concerns regarding french language proficiency... but wouldn't that be a job for MIDI, not IRCC?

I do not know.... there is definitely something going on, but i'd rather not think that it a delay specifically for PEQ applicants.

Could it have something to do with the fact that ministers were recently working on stablishing the new immigration limits??

Best wishes for everyone, as always...

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I never believed there would be any difference with processing of PR applications, i.e. the federal stage! But it does look like this is the case though. Maybe someone wants to make sure all applicants from Quebec have equal timelines ;) Just joking. But nevertheless, I have lived in Quebec for 4 years, I applied for CSQ in 2016 in the regular skilled worker category, zero level french, had to wait almost 6 months to get that (despite the glorious Mon Projet that was supposed to speed things up but was such a joke when launched).... whereas in the french category I would have gotten CSQ in one month. Looks like the total waiting time for PR evens out if PEQ applicants get a delay at federal stage. I'm not saying this is fair, not at all, and most likely is not intentional. I hope....
Best of luck for all though, I really wish they speed up soon in Ottawa, we need more DMs and PPRs to appear on the spreadsheet!!!

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
Any other factor that these applications might have in common?? =/

I would have a hard time believing the reason would be being PEQ applicant. I mean.... IRCC basically only cares you have a CSQ, right? And even if they havd to descriminate between both programs, would not it make more sense to actually expedite PEQ applicants (people who have already lived in Quebec, and have experience in the province)?

I understand there were some concerns regarding french language proficiency... but wouldn't that be a job for MIDI, not IRCC?

I do not know.... there is definitely something going on, but i'd rather not think that it a delay specifically for PEQ applicants.

Could it have something to do with the fact that ministers were recently working on stablishing the new immigration limits??

Best wishes for everyone, as always...
Totally agree :)

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I have taken a close look at CIC statistics on authorisations and visas issued for Permanent Residence , Admission of PR per Province and category for the past 2 years ( since 2015) and i noticed the following; the number of copr issued during the year is usually lower around the months of July, August and Sept, especially September as compared to the other months . Then October Nov and Dec the number increases . I think that before the last quarter CIC tries to analyse their metrics, and evaluate their performance on how far they have gone with their immigration targets. From there its either they speed up or slow down depending on their targets for the year, but most of the time its very busy during the last quarter as they try to catch up on their targets. When the realise they have passed their targets , they slow down
As of July 31st 20400 people were admitted into Canada under QSW category. CIC target this year for QSW admission is 29300 and max 31200. Also most outland applicants do not like landing during winter, for obvious reasons of course and decide to wait a few months before landing. Considering these 2 factors i think things will move fast during the last quarter . its my wish that all those who applied by Dec 2016 get a DM before the year runs out.

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
I have taken a close look at CIC statistics on authorisations and visas issued for Permanent Residence , Admission of PR per Province and category for the past 2 years ( since 2015) and i noticed the following; the number of copr issued during the year is usually lower around the months of July, August and Sept, especially September as compared to the other months . Then October Nov and Dec the number increases . I think that before the last quarter CIC tries to analyse their metrics, and evaluate their performance on how far they have gone with their immigration targets. From there its either they speed up or slow down depending on their targets for the year, but most of the time its very busy during the last quarter as they try to catch up on their targets. When the realise they have passed their targets , they slow down
As of July 31st 20400 people were admitted into Canada under QSW category. CIC target this year for QSW admission is 29300 and max 31200. Also most outland applicants do not like landing during winter, for obvious reasons of course and decide to wait a few months before landing. Considering these 2 factors i think things will move fast during the last quarter . its my wish that all those who applied by Dec 2016 get a DM before the year runs out.
During Aug to Sep month every year, Sep is being back to school, where immigration would be busy with processing student visas, so that might have caused the delay for PR applicants.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
During Aug to Sep month every year, Sep is being back to school, where immigration would be busy with processing student visas, so that might have caused the delay for PR applicants.
I was thinking on same lines but then most students and tourists start applying for visas around April - May. Who waits until Sept for visa for Fall session?

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Students for the winter session ( ie to start school in january) usually start applying for their visas from August through out October. I know of one who even applied in november to . Most if the international students in canada that " i know" started during the winter session. So they started sending in their visa applications in august[/QUOTE]
I was thinking on same lines but then most students and tourists start applying for visas around April - May. Who waits until Sept for visa for Fall session?[/QUOTE

ilove7days

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
india
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Aug 2016
Doc's Request.
16 may 2017
Nomination.....
CSQ
AOR Received.
2nd DECEMBER
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
Dec 2016
Med's Request
29 Dec 2016
Med's Done....
6 Jan 2017
Interview........
viewed
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
definitely one day

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I now believe that CIC is delaying DM/PPR for PEQ-QSW folks. If you check CIC timelines spreadsheet , you will notice that most of the guys with "delayed DM/PPR" are PEQ-QSW.

TR8, Nik and Balt confirmed that they applied as PEQ.
From earlier conversations I know that @taemee is PEQ-QSW.
Still waiting for response from few others but I believe most of the remaining delayed DM/PPR will be in PEQ category.
@RAM1616 confirmed that he also applied via PEQ :(

10 "delayed PPR" cases. 5 applied as QSW-PEQ. Still waiting for response from remaining 5.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Dull weekend,

Nothing happened.

Maybe October will give some good news.

6th October 15 months complete NDVO

7th October Maybe some good news.

Hope for the best , every month.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Mohsen77

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Iran
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
31/10/2016
Doc's Request.
24/4/2017
AOR Received.
16/02/2017
Med's Request
26/02/2017
Med's Done....
14/03/2017
Passport Req..
29/8/2017
Dear All,

I sent our passports to the Canada embassy in Ankara on September 5th and received the back with visa sticker attached on September 9th.

Mohsen