+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Mohsen77

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Iran
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
31/10/2016
Doc's Request.
24/4/2017
AOR Received.
16/02/2017
Med's Request
26/02/2017
Med's Done....
14/03/2017
Passport Req..
29/8/2017
@Mohsen77
I noticed your VO is Paris now. was first Ottawa and then transferred to Paris?
I am asking that because I have read on CIC webpage that they used to process files in the nearest VO but now they can transfer them between VOs to speed up the process.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1185&top=3

If so, it means Ottawa is too crowded right now!
Yes, this is correct. Because I received a letter from the embassy of Canada in Paris. They asked me to send additional documents directly to the embassy via email before 24/07/2017 (about two weeks remaining). I have sent the documents a few weeks after receiving the email and right after that I received a confirmation on their behalf.

Mohsen

Reactions: Ali.Quebec

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Yes, this is correct. Because I received a letter from the embassy of Canada in Paris. They asked me to send additional documents directly to the embassy via email before 24/07/2017 (about two weeks remaining). I have sent the documents a few weeks after receiving the email and right after that I received a confirmation on their behalf.

Mohsen
@Mohsen77 - Are you inland applicant or outland applicant?

Mohsen77

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Iran
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
31/10/2016
Doc's Request.
24/4/2017
AOR Received.
16/02/2017
Med's Request
26/02/2017
Med's Done....
14/03/2017
Passport Req..
29/8/2017
Thanks!!

@Aref.P

Mohsen is outland applicant. Looks like Mohsen's file was transferred out from Sydney to Paris and not from Ottawa to Paris.
This is correct also, since I sent my documents originally to NS.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

ImaneCanada

Jul 9, 2017
Hello everyone, I am new in this website. I applied from inside Canada for permanent residency (PR) as Quebec skilled worker. I am waiting for the federal reply to my application. I find the 13 months estimated delay for this step it is too long!!!
Do anyone by chance know someone who got finally his PR in less than 13 months?
Thank you!

Last edited:
N

Nala

@Mohsen77
I noticed your VO is Paris now. was first Ottawa and then transferred to Paris?
I am asking that because I have read on CIC webpage that they used to process files in the nearest VO but now they can transfer them between VOs to speed up the process.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1185&top=3

If so, it means Ottawa is too crowded right now!
Hello,

That is true. I've been living in Montreal since 2014 and my CSQ and now PR was/is being processed in Paris (I'm from Portugal). Even if I tried to have it processed it here in Canada, it was always sent to Paris.

My lawyer (Campbell Cohen) also confirmed that information, nowadays they 'share' applications in between offices to be able to maintain their processing times. We must always wait for the AOR to check which office will process it.

Hope this helps :)

N

Nala

Hello everyone, I am new in this website. I applied from inside Canada for permanent residency (PR) as Quebec skilled worker. I am waiting for the federal reply to my application. I find the 13 months estimated delay for this step it is too long!!!
Do anyone by chance know someone who got finally his PR in less than 1 months?
Thank you!
Hello!
The shortest processing time for PR as a QSW that I've known was 7 months. And those don't happen often, from my understanding. AOR takes usually 3 to 4 months for most of us.

So.. relax! This will take a little while, it's normal. Hopefully you will receive it before the 13 months mark.
The good part is: this part is way simpler than the CSQ.

Be careful with unrealistic expectations!

Best of Luck!

iamblue

Mar 11, 2017
Hi there,

So my application is being returned because of a few missing signatures.

I want to know if I need to sign both the last page of IM0008 and IM0008-Schedule 5 by hand without typing my name on the pdf?

Also, on IM0008, I need to fill in the national identification number. My id card has a check digit inside a pair of brackets. (The format is A######(#) . ) I always include (#) for everything but IM0008 won't allow me to validate the form because of the brackets. What should I do?

I cannot find any call center to answer these questions, but I wanna send my application as soon as possible. :(

Many thanks!

kham

Jun 22, 2016
Hello all, what does it means when the file number starts with XEP ? is that means that the file is complete and will be processed or it is just a temporary file number and the documents didn't checked yet for completeness ????

kham

Jun 22, 2016
Hello all, what does it means when the file number starts with XEP ? is that means that the file is complete and will be processed or it is just a temporary file number and the documents didn't checked yet for completeness ????

ImaneCanada

Jul 9, 2017
Hello!
The shortest processing time for PR as a QSW that I've known was 7 months. And those don't happen often, from my understanding. AOR takes usually 3 to 4 months for most of us.

So.. relax! This will take a little while, it's normal. Hopefully you will receive it before the 13 months mark.
The good part is: this part is way simpler than the CSQ.

Be careful with unrealistic expectations!

Best of Luck!
Thank you for your reply. The delay of 7 months is promising. Hopefully I will get it in less than 13 months. I received my AOR 4 months ago, but during the last 2 months no thing has been happening on my CIC account.
I just noticed an error in my original message, I didn't mean to ask if someone got the PR in less than 1 month, I agree it is not realistic, I meant less than 13 months (it was an error related to the Keyboard), I just corrected it. Thanks.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Hi dear Kham

Usally application number comes with XEP once you have linked your application in MYCIC account prior to the receipt of the AOR and it converts to The EP******** once you receive the AOR officially.

SWEETY123

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Sharjah
Visa Office......
dubai
I have applied for Quebec in 2014 got file number since then waiting for CSQ .. I am an Indian residing in UAE . My consultant office is in Dubai.. every time I ask them for updates they only ask me to wait patiently. I don't know want to be done..is their any other way that we can follow up our files? Plz reply