+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Mixed

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Inland friends, any comments about my question?
Thanks!

Mixed said:
Hi
I have a question... I just read a post about landing Canada from Champlain/Lacolle border at "Landing experience @ Champlain/Lacolle border" as bellow by davidPR:

"Re: Landing experience @ Champlain/Lacolle border
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:13:57 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
I completed my landing this weekend. I think my experience would be helpful for you guys as well specially if you go with your own car from within Canada to Champlain/Lacolle Border.
First, after you pass the duty free before reaching the US gates, there is U-Turn marked as "Nexus and Immigration" on your left which you can use to go back to Canada without being rejected by US. Then the Canada gates will give you a yellow page and you need to park your car after the gate and go to office.
They take your passport, COPRs, CSQ, and bank statement and ask you to have a seat. Then call you again to sign documents and have a seat again. Then call you and say "Welcome to Canada" and send you to next counter for entering your belonging in your country of origin which you want to bring in future.
That is it.....
Done!"

Could you please let me know if it is possible to do landing like our friend's experience, or have to pass US gates?

SAMUEL PK

Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
IELTS Request
--
Med's Request
waiting
sumantg said:
Also Received Passport Request letter in E-mail Today.. It looks like 13 months processing time line is accurate for most of the applicants. All the best to other applicants. :) :)
big relief, delhi visa office still alive

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
Not sure if I understand well. To cancel the representative you need to fill a document, sign it and send it to midi. After that, all the communication will be just with you. With each exchange with midi for sure you need to mention your application number. Does it respond to your questions?
I will check for the name of the file to cancel a mandate and get back to you.
Mhdkod said:
Thank you for your reply, I was just wondering in case MIDI asked for a letter or so, shall I mention the file number on the envelope or shall I attach the AOR along with it? Moreover, in case they asked for any letter, is there any format to be followed?

Thanks..

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
orichy said:
Oh really, I never knew about this. How do you know though which VO is assigned?
You need to wait for a correspondence via email or GCKEY. It will be in the signature.

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
sumantg said:
Hi All,

I just now checked my application status in Ecas and it has been changed from "In Progress" to "Decision Made". However status in GcKeys still shows that "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Does it takes some time to update status in GcKeys? My Timeline is below.

Application for permanent residence received on May 18, 2016.
RPRF paid in October 2016.
Medicals received updated on 14th Jan, 2017.
Background Check status changed from "In Progress" to "We started processing your background check" on 6th April, 2017.

Decision Made last week. (I checked my status on 26th April, 2017, It was In Progress. So they might have changed status either 27th or 28th April, 2017).
GCKey will be updated when they print your visa and send it back. You should get a request to submit your passport within 2-3 days.

Mhdkod

Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
B556
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/11/2015
AOR Received.
14/12/2015
T-hEMK said:
Not sure if I understand well. To cancel the representative you need to fill a document, sign it and send it to midi. After that, all the communication will be just with you. With each exchange with midi for sure you need to mention your application number. Does it respond to your questions?
I will check for the name of the file to cancel a mandate and get back to you.
Thank you for your reply, appreciate it. Yes it does answer my question and any information could help at this stage coz this situation is new for me. Do you know if MIDI send back an email/letter to confirm the withdrawal of the representative? I already filled up the form and prepared the letter and I'll send them but just want to confirm whether this is the right address:

Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA.

One more question regarding the mailing address, can I put my shop & ship address in Canada to expedite the shipping period? Thank u..

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
cmack said:
You need to wait for a correspondence via email or GCKEY. It will be in the signature.
Okay Cmack, thank you. I haven't been able to link my account via GCKEY so I will monitor my email. I am however able to see status on CIC application status page.

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
Hi. The doc is A0520-MA. Make sure to select "withdrawal of a mandate ...." on the second page and as mentionned you join your letter.

For the feedback, I think it will depend on the agent processing your file. I have seen some applicants getting a kind of confirmation after their communication with midi. But it is not always the case, I had a request to add additional documents but had never got any feedback from them until I found the csq in my postal case. You can call them after to make sure they had processed your request.

Yes the address is good.

For the last question: no idea.

Mhdkod said:
Thank you for your reply, appreciate it. Yes it does answer my question and any information could help at this stage coz this situation is new for me. Do you know if MIDI send back an email/letter to confirm the withdrawal of the representative? I already filled up the form and prepared the letter and I'll send them but just want to confirm whether this is the right address:

Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA.

One more question regarding the mailing address, can I put my shop & ship address in Canada to expedite the shipping period? Thank u..

Mhdkod

Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
B556
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/11/2015
AOR Received.
14/12/2015
T-hEMK said:
Hi. The doc is A0520-MA. Make sure to select "withdrawal of a mandate ...." on the second page and as mentionned you join your letter.

For the feedback, I think it will depend on the agent processing your file. I have seen some applicants getting a kind of confirmation after their communication with midi. But it is not always the case, I had a request to add additional documents but had never got any feedback from them until I found the csq in my postal case. You can call them after to make sure they had processed your request.

Yes the address is good.

For the last question: no idea.
Thank you so much T-hEMK for your assistance, really appreciate it!

sumantg

Jun 8, 2012
cmack said:
GCKey will be updated when they print your visa and send it back. You should get a request to submit your password within 2-3 days.
I received Passport Request letter yesterday i.e. 1st May, 2017.

NAVEENSAILAJA

Apr 20, 2017
" We started processing your application on April 20, 2017."

Hi ! this is my present status. I did not link my application to online account . Checking through online tool.
So, as per the above status, did they send the file to New Delhi Visa office ?

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
NAVEENSAILAJA said:
" We started processing your application on April 20, 2017."

Hi ! this is my present status. I did not link my application to online account . Checking through online tool.
So, as per the above status, did they send the file to New Delhi Visa office ?
In theory it means the application processing has started at the local VO. However it does not mean that it is New Delhi visa office.

FishBurger

Star Member
Feb 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Great news and heartiest Congratulations/ :)

Kindly share your complete timeline.

Thanks

sumantg said:
I received Passport Request letter yesterday i.e. 1st May, 2017.

abhijitbs

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
AOR Received.
Hi,
I have just received my application back. They mentioned that 'supplementary information - Travels is missing'. I did not include this information because i had not ever traveled abroad.
Think everything else is fine.
Can i use the same PCC which I got in Oct 2016?
should I attach their letter also while applying next time?
Thanks