+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

samehn

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/5/2016
AOR Received.
23/9/2016
Med's Request
31/1/2017
Med's Done....
11/2/2017
es said:
Better wait when they ask for it
Maybe they will also ask for additional documents
VO Roma always require additional documents as employment certificates
Thank you Es, Wish you all the best in your application, you are a very nice person :)

Mixed

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Hi
I have a question... I just read a post about landing Canada from Champlain/Lacolle border at "Landing experience @ Champlain/Lacolle border" as bellow by davidPR:

"Re: Landing experience @ Champlain/Lacolle border
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:13:57 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
I completed my landing this weekend. I think my experience would be helpful for you guys as well specially if you go with your own car from within Canada to Champlain/Lacolle Border.
First, after you pass the duty free before reaching the US gates, there is U-Turn marked as "Nexus and Immigration" on your left which you can use to go back to Canada without being rejected by US. Then the Canada gates will give you a yellow page and you need to park your car after the gate and go to office.
They take your passport, COPRs, CSQ, and bank statement and ask you to have a seat. Then call you again to sign documents and have a seat again. Then call you and say "Welcome to Canada" and send you to next counter for entering your belonging in your country of origin which you want to bring in future.
That is it.....
Done!"

Could you please let me know if it is possible to do landing like our friend's experience, or have to pass US gates?

SAMUEL PK

Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
IELTS Request
--
Med's Request
waiting
Hi friends

Did anyone received Med req recently from New Delhi visa office,,

vikasyadav6892

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Has anyone received Passport request or DM email who applied in June 2016?
Visa Office: Sydney Nova scotia
Category : QSW

timeline:
File received: 16 June 2016
AOR: 3 Nov
Medical: 18 Nov
RPRF: 20 January 2017
Passport request: waiting

Thanks

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Hello everyone,
I am still unable to link my account with the GCKEY but my ECAS changed from 'application received' to 'in process'. Does this mean my file has been transferred to the local VO?

Timeline:
Submitted: Jan 9, 2017
AOR: Mar 2, 2017
VO: POS, Trinidad

FishBurger

Star Member
Feb 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
The files were sent to Nova Scotia,if thats what your question is ?

dabhiumesh said:
brother
What is your visa office ?
I am still waiting for Medical and Landing fee?

cmack

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2017
LANDED..........
July-2017
orichy said:
Hello everyone,
I am still unable to link my account with the GCKEY but my ECAS changed from 'application received' to 'in process'. Does this mean my file has been transferred to the local VO?

Timeline:
Submitted: Jan 9, 2017
AOR: Mar 2, 2017
VO: POS, Trinidad
Yes this is an indication that it has been transferred to local VO however not necessarily the one designated to your country of residence.

Mhdkod

Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
B556
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/11/2015
AOR Received.
14/12/2015
Hello everyone, Clarification please! I applied under Quebec Skilled Workers program in November 2015 (paper based submission) with the help of Representative, AOR received in December 2015.The two years mandate period of the attorney expired in March 2017. I don't want to renew the mandate for another period of 24 months since the fees are quiet high. Is there any disadvantage for withdrawing the mandate and to complete myself without any representative? I called the MIDI last week and they said that the document verification phase has been completed in January 2017 and now preliminary review has started. what do you advice guys?

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
There is no added value of a representative on your application. If you know how to read Cic correspondance/ emails, download and fill the documents by yourself, there isn't a need to add some 'not necessary' fees.

Mhdkod said:
Hello everyone, Clarification please! I applied under Quebec Skilled Workers program in November 2015 (paper based submission) with the help of Representative, AOR received in December 2015.The two years mandate period of the attorney expired in March 2017. I don't want to renew the mandate for another period of 24 months since the fees are quiet high. Is there any disadvantage for withdrawing the mandate and to complete myself without any representative? I called the MIDI last week and they said that the document verification phase has been completed in January 2017 and now preliminary review has started. what do you advice guys?

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
cmack said:
Yes this is an indication that it has been transferred to local VO however not necessarily the one designated to your country of residence.
Oh really, I never knew about this. How do you know though which VO is assigned?

Hanzmolar

Feb 5, 2016
Today, I have completed 17 months since I submitted my application. However, the only thing that I got is the AOR. I sent emails, web forms, and even tried to contact the minister but in vain. My visa office is Abu Dhabi. Honestly, I do not know what to do or how to act. I have tried everything. Sadly, I have not seen or read about any applicant who spent such time waiting for the medical, all over the world. Is there anything that can be done in such a case?

Mhdkod

Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
B556
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/11/2015
AOR Received.
14/12/2015
T-hEMK said:
There is no added value of a representative on your application. If you know how to read Cic correspondance/ emails, download and fill the documents by yourself, there isn't a need to add some 'not necessary' fees.
Thank you for your reply, I was just wondering in case MIDI asked for a letter or so, shall I mention the file number on the envelope or shall I attach the AOR along with it? Moreover, in case they asked for any letter, is there any format to be followed?

Thanks..

sumantg

Jun 8, 2012
Hi All,

I just now checked my application status in Ecas and it has been changed from "In Progress" to "Decision Made". However status in GcKeys still shows that "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Does it takes some time to update status in GcKeys? My Timeline is below.

Application for permanent residence received on May 18, 2016.
RPRF paid in October 2016.
Medicals received updated on 14th Jan, 2017.
Background Check status changed from "In Progress" to "We started processing your background check" on 6th April, 2017.

Decision Made last week. (I checked my status on 26th April, 2017, It was In Progress. So they might have changed status either 27th or 28th April, 2017).