+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Swoosh31

Sep 12, 2015
Hi everyone I am new to the forum. Great stuff being shared, quite insightful and encouraging.
Please by my timeline how much longer do I have to wait for MR and PPR.

CSQ-Dec 23 2015
Fed docs submitted- March 2016
AOR recvd-Apr 2016
Started processing docs-19 May 2016... nothing since then

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Swoosh31 said:
Hi everyone I am new to the forum. Great stuff being shared, quite insightful and encouraging.
Please by my timeline how much longer do I have to wait for MR and PPR.

CSQ-Dec 23 2015
Fed docs submitted- March 2016
AOR recvd-Apr 2016
Started processing docs-19 May 2016... nothing since then
Did you send your medical and RFRF fees upfront? If no then you must request your GCMS notes for your application as you must have got some updates.

ekt1022

Jan 31, 2017
Hello, I am new to this forum but pretty far along in my federal PR application process (completed the medical exam Nov. 3 2016). I've confirmed that CIC received my medical results but have not yet received any further communication from them.

I've got a question about language requirements: In the event that I am selected for an interview at the federal level, I understand that I can do it totally in English. I'm concerned, though, that if/when I go to "land" at the border in QC and officially claim my status, that an immigration officer might expect to communicate with me in French.

My writing/reading in French is fine, but I'm gravely out of practice with speaking--my proof of language proficiency that got me my CSQ was having passed advanced french courses at my university back in 2010. If I can't improve on my conversational french in time for landing at the border, is there a possibility that the immigration officer assisting me at the border could deny my residency because they're not convinced I meet the language requirement? Or is the proof of language proficiency in the form of my CSQ enough, no matter how bad I sound when I get there?

Obviously, I want to improve my french since I intend to settle in Montreal, but I have a job lined up with an English speaking employer so I don't have a real urgency to perfect it other than if interaction with an immigration officer requires it.

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
ekt1022 said:
Hello, I am new to this forum but pretty far along in my federal PR application process (completed the medical exam Nov. 3 2016). I've confirmed that CIC received my medical results but have not yet received any further communication from them.

I've got a question about language requirements: In the event that I am selected for an interview at the federal level, I understand that I can do it totally in English. I'm concerned, though, that if/when I go to "land" at the border in QC and officially claim my status, that an immigration officer might expect to communicate with me in French.

My writing/reading in French is fine, but I'm gravely out of practice with speaking--my proof of language proficiency that got me my CSQ was having passed advanced french courses at my university back in 2010. If I can't improve on my conversational french in time for landing at the border, is there a possibility that the immigration officer assisting me at the border could deny my residency because they're not convinced I meet the language requirement? Or is the proof of language proficiency in the form of my CSQ enough, no matter how bad I sound when I get there?

Obviously, I want to improve my french since I intend to settle in Montreal, but I have a job lined up with an English speaking employer so I don't have a real urgency to perfect it other than if interaction with an immigration officer requires it.

Relax .. You don't need to speak French. You can speak in English. There is no issue with that. Immigration agent are there to check your document validity. They are not responsible to check your eligibility.

Good luck with your life in Canada :)

ekt1022

Jan 31, 2017
srm057 said:
Relax .. You don't need to speak French. You can speak in English. There is no issue with that. Immigration agent are there to check your document validity. They are not responsible to check your eligibility.

Good luck with your life in Canada :)
Wow, that's a relief! As you can imagine, I'm a little stressed that I might overlook some details in this process--I appreciate your help!

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Shobhit29 said:
Hi

I have CSQ and I applied for PR in 2016. While PR is in progress I got married in December 2016. I notified the CIC about it and they asked for CSQ along with supported documents. It seems CSQ will take time, in this case what should I reply to the CIC.

1.) Do I submit all the supported documents without CSQ and will send CSQ later to CIC
2.) Do I send all the documents when I received my CSQ ?
3.) Anybody know how much time will Quebec immigration take to add the spouse on your file.

Please reply
This is a tricky part. Once you add your spouse then your point will be re-assessed,( before your eligibility point was calculated based on SINGLE status). In the re-assessment, if you meet the eligibility, your spouse will get CSQ. The major confusion here is; do they consider the present point calculation rules or the rules that were used during your point calculation? I have no idea.

Shaligrm

Aug 3, 2016
Hi everybody, i have one question for you, 1. At the time of federal application principal applicant live outside Canada and spouse live in Canada in study permit and still the same situation, does this situation make any problem for PCC and Medical request or for any other part of process, my application is already "in process" status. Please advise me.

QS2017

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
ekt1022 said:

What's you a VISA Office ?

preethy jomon

Nov 20, 2015
KERALA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Med's Request
03-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
How can i contact in cic if my processing time over? other than case specific enquiry

Tudisss

Mar 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13.09.2016 docs submitted to vo Rome 22.09.2016
Passport Req..
14 March 2017
preethy jomon said:
How can i contact in cic if my processing time over? other than case specific enquiry
You can email them. It's the only way they can answer. If you call them , after listening to the Secretary for a while they wI'll say you :please email us.

vikastoj

Mar 1, 2013
Punjab, India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
BACC-ans (U002)
App. Filed.......
Re-applied in 2 December 2016
Doc's Request.
Landing Fee. 16 March 2017
AOR Received.
23 February 2017
File Transfer...
VO New Delhi 15 March 2017
Med's Request
15-9-2017
Med's Done....
16-9-2017
I have received my File No & UCI on 25 Feb 2017. Now what is next. Please guide if anybody have an idea.

THX
VTS

Tudisss

Mar 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14 March 2017
vikastoj said:
I have received my File No & UCI on 25 Feb 2017. Now what is next. Please guide if anybody have an idea.

THX
VTS
Hello Vikastoj!
They will contact you by email about the next step. It will be medical examination and payment of fees for pr. or they will ask you notarised copy of diplomas plus letters of reference and after a month or two medical examination.

Tudisss

Mar 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14 March 2017
APPNOV2014NY said:
Most of the times they do not ask for this information from QSW folks.
It depends perhaps from Visa Office, this happens randomly at Rome Visa Office