+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
srm057 said:
Just received PPR ... :) ...
Congratulations on the PPR!

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
alemom said:
Hello Guys,

It has been a long time, just two weeks ago, but when you are inside the process this feels like forever. I used to check this page at least 15 times per day, waiting for some updates, waiting for hope.
I'll write a separate post about our experience and advice with the landing, we had a familiar situation, nothing really bad, but it was the reason to delay this farewell email.
For me, of course, the opinions and advice here are really important, but what is priceless is the human factor. Total strangers with "alias" names in the same situation that at some point you feel as a friend. I was happy celebrating for someone's fast answers and sad and concern for the other's delays.

Is time for us to move forward, but I want to appreciate to the people who shared with us the last two months. It was really intense for me, at some point is like the letter will never arrive, sometimes you fell that you're the last one in the list and probably the agent changed his mind just in the moment when your application was on top.

I wish you all the best, most probably we will see each other some day without knowing that we were close cyber friends during this time, for me, you will always have a special space in my memories.

And for the new ones, I don't know nothing about you or your timelines, but I know about your anxiety, about this feeling when your friends say "relax, the email will arrive soon. Don't think about it" SURE!, relax. For me it was not possible, my permit was soon to expire, I wanted to stay here, I have a life and a home here. So keep texting keep sharing your feelings, and keep praying no matter what you believe. Pray and cross your fingers, I'm sure that your papers will come soon... I will keep my fingers crossed and keep praying for you :) And for sure I will pass sometimes to see if I can help

Courage!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thanks Alemom! I hope things are going ok with you after the landing process!

Canadaf0r3v3r

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 28 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
September 21 2016
Med's Done....
October 3 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
alemom said:
Hello Guys,

It has been a long time, just two weeks ago, but when you are inside the process this feels like forever. I used to check this page at least 15 times per day, waiting for some updates, waiting for hope.
I'll write a separate post about our experience and advice with the landing, we had a familiar situation, nothing really bad, but it was the reason to delay this farewell email.
For me, of course, the opinions and advice here are really important, but what is priceless is the human factor. Total strangers with "alias" names in the same situation that at some point you feel as a friend. I was happy celebrating for someone's fast answers and sad and concern for the other's delays.

Is time for us to move forward, but I want to appreciate to the people who shared with us the last two months. It was really intense for me, at some point is like the letter will never arrive, sometimes you fell that you're the last one in the list and probably the agent changed his mind just in the moment when your application was on top.

I wish you all the best, most probably we will see each other some day without knowing that we were close cyber friends during this time, for me, you will always have a special space in my memories.

And for the new ones, I don't know nothing about you or your timelines, but I know about your anxiety, about this feeling when your friends say "relax, the email will arrive soon. Don't think about it" SURE!, relax. For me it was not possible, my permit was soon to expire, I wanted to stay here, I have a life and a home here. So keep texting keep sharing your feelings, and keep praying no matter what you believe. Pray and cross your fingers, I'm sure that your papers will come soon... I will keep my fingers crossed and keep praying for you :) And for sure I will pass sometimes to see if I can help

Wow! So nice to hear from you...
Here anxiety is going up, Im so close to the dead line...
I check my Ecas 10-15 times a day... Im sick... ;D

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
ioorabh said:
Hello All ,

Thankyou for the all support. I was called for Passport sumission last week for express entry and I have COPR with me now. The visa says I can land there by April 2017.

i had a few queries . Please let me know if you can answer the same -

1. The COPR document says destination city as Vancouver . Do I specifically need to land to Vancouver to complete the PR process? I am looking for a job , what if it is in Toronto? Can anyone confirm?

2. Also Can I Work in Montreal with the same? As in I am outside Canada as of today. If I get the job in MOntreal..Can I travel to directly to MOntreal to complete the process or do I need to land somewhere else?
Hi!

I'm not exactly sure. I have never seen a COPR in real life. Umm, Maybe some of the users that recently got theirs can give you more details. However, it does look odd. I'm assuming you are a Quebec Selected Skilled Worker applicant, right? What I do know is that you cannot "land" as new immigrant in Quebec without a CSQ, so all other applicants (Express Entry, Provincial Nominees, etc.) need to land somewhere else first, and once they are settled they may move around the country. However, this may take time. For example, your first health insurance card takes months to obtain and you need to remain in that province (or at least provide an address there) until you get it. So it is not as simple as just landing in Montreal and the next week moving to Toronto (or wherever).

Hope this helps you with your questions! I hope those already with CoPR can confirm the info...

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
alemom said:
Hello Guys,

Hi alemom

Thanks for sharing your feelings and all the best for the future dear :)

LAMPARD

Nov 25, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
Med's Request
10-11-2016
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
alemom said:
Hello Guys,

BEST POST EVER, BEST WISHES TO YOU TOO MY FRIEND...

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
This is our landing story:
We went to Saint Bernard de Lacolle with everything for a long journey with two kids. No bathrooms and no food there was the priceless information in previous posts here. So, juice, cookies, and a portable toilette for kids. At the middle of the way, we noticed that something was missed, yeah! The documents... so we U-turned and came back to Montréal. Our oldest one got motion sick, so it was half an hour with crying music and an emphatic "I want to stay at home!"

So, after buying some motion sickness medicines and picking up the envelope with the documents, we re-started the route, again.

Once in the border, while my husband was answering the States side officer questions I decided to took a picture, and the officer said serious “She cannot take pictures here!” I put down my phone, and after opening the car doors to confirm the total of people inside, she gave us the refusal letter to enter States… and return back to Canada.

So we started the way back home :D the first officer took the passports and asked us why we didn’t enter States, “your visa is almost expired, what are you doing?” and we said “yes, we just received the PR visa”, he replied “Oh, are you doing the landing? congratulations!” and explained us to go to counter A, no B. Later we understood that B is for temporal permits and A for PR and customs.
We parked and with the documents in hand entered the office. There was another man doing the landing and just one officer. For us, it took almost one hour to complete the full process, literally, no man’s land. Without papers, without status, the officer was confused counting 3 passports and 4 people. So I said “the little one is Canadian” talking about my little Québécois. After a while, he called us asking for the permits. He didn’t ask for the CSQ or any other documents. He asked us to write down the current address and our total money here and in any other country.

After more time and with some interruptions with people paying taxis for bringing alcohol from states, he called us. He said the classic "congratulations, you’re now Canadian Permanent Resident and you have the same rights than a citizen except for the vote." He encouraged us to save with special care the prove of landing because it will be requested for the citizenship.
He asked me if I had questions and I said yes, a stupid one: “Can I have a picture here?” Confused he said “do you want a picture? Here? Take it!” I asked if he could be part of the picture but he said no.
So we took a selfie inside, another one outside, and absolutely hungry, we ran to Canada Service in Brossard at 2 pm.

After Harvey’s burgers on the go, we had our new SIN. The lady so patiently lets me did mine and my son`s, and then my husband and I changed positions with the kids already tired of the day.
At 3.30 we started the final run to RAMQ in downtown. I literary jumped out of the car with my oldest one while my husband was parking. At the 3rd floor at 4.10 pm (RAMQ office is open until 4.30 pm) they gave me the number to start the application at the 4th floor. Almost empty, we waited few minutes and the last agent called us. At the end, just three couples with kids were in the big waiting room.

After reviewing all the papers, the agent asked us to take the pictures and explained to us that our RAMQ application has been approved and will be effective from April 1st. I almost started crying, our international insurance expires on March 31st and I was really worried the night before thinking if we should have had bought one more month. The previous night, my husband still was an international student. That meant preferential rate. We decide to trust in the destiny and it was an amazing surprise.

So we came back home, exhausted, amazed, tired and happy, and I immediately put on sale our excess of luggage set, because from now on trips are just for vacations.

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
Here the useful information, our advice about the final steps:
1. Before sending your passports and pictures (or the copy of your passport) take a picture or write down or take off the tiny label with the tracking number of the pre-paid envelope (Xpresspost). I was driving crazy trying to know where the passports were.
2. To send your passport or copy, pay for the express service, is just a few dollars the difference and is a lottery. They open the bin once per week.
3. If the status in Canada Post says ready to pick up, out for delivery or delivered it means the same, it is in the bin.
4. Prepare all your documents and check before leaving to the border that you have them with you 8)
5. If you want to declare some stuff, have it in mind. If you don’t declare you will have to pay taxes. For example furniture, cars… I don’t know we have nothing more over there :p
6. For the landing, you will need
• Confirmation of Permanent Residence (the really long paper original with the picture and copy)
• CSQ
• Current work, student or visitor permit (they will keep it)
• Passport
• Optional, bring with you your account statement, your job letter and/or student papers if any, and proof of residence
7. Then you will need the permanent SIN (Social Insurance Number). For that, you just need the proof of landing and the passport. If you had a previous SIN is better to have it.
8. Then, if you don’t have RAMQ (access to the public health) you have to register to start the waiting time. For this, you will have to pay 10$ for the picture. About the waiting time, is three months and the current one is included. That means if you receive the mail at the end of the month, hurry up to do the landing because you will wait for RAMQ just two months and the few remaining days of the current running month. If it is the beginning of the month, you will have to wait almost 3 months. You will need:
• Confirmation of Permanent Residence, the copy without picture but with the office signature
• CSQ
• Passport
• NAS or SIN (so go first to get it, see point 7)
• Proof of residence (if you bring the lease be sure that is signed by the landlord) :mad:
9. Remember to change your status and update your SIN at work, University, Bank accounts, kids schools, at the Taxes Federal and Provincial, and submit the prove of landing for the kids allocations if any.
10. Breath and believe it, you are a Canadian Permanent Resident, you got it :-*
.... and If you have time, help the new ones, you can fell their pain :'(

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
Canadaf0r3v3r said:
Wow! So nice to hear from you...
Here anxiety is going up, Im so close to the dead line...
I check my Ecas 10-15 times a day... Im sick... ;D
My Dear Canadaf0r3v3r

I was thinking about you today, a friend of mine with similar timeline than yours received the passport request today...
I'm sure that yours is on the way ...
please keep me updated :-*

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
alemom said:
go to counter B, no A. Later we understood that A is for temporal permits and B for PR and customs.
Congrats @alemom! I am always excited to read stories like the one your shared, esp from yours as you have been one of my important companions on the forum. Like life itself, your day for landing, getting SINs and RAMQ insurance was full of ups and downs. But I am so happy to learn that you accomplished this hectic mission!

And I keep only this quote above as I am quite sure I was asked to go to Comptoir A (on the right) not B (which is on the left). But this is not important (maybe they switch them?)

I only went to Service Canada several days after I landed (as I was waiting for a day when I could leave work early). It was the first Monday. But, Service Canada office at Verdun (closest to my workplace) got an unexpected system issue. There were many people queuing up. The receptionist asked each one arriving at her desk if it was urgent. Some insisted they get the service that day and were told they would need to spend at least one hour waiting. For my case, I told her I was not sure if it should be urgent or not, and that I guessed it was, as I was supposed to apply for an SIN as soon as possible. She suggested I come back the following day, and that she's very good at remembering people's faces, and if I could come by 7 minutes to 4 (the earliest time I could reach their office, they close at 4), she would let me get registered right away. I agreed and came back the other day.
It was true that normally it was not as crowded as the previous day when they had system issue. The lady who served me was very kind. She asked for the CoPR and the stamp on my passport. She tried to pronounce my name and confessed that it was too difficult for her. She commented that she was always amazed that Chinese kids could read and scribe all those characters effortlessly. I casually told her that my name (as I am from Hong Kong) was not in Mandarin pinyin and should be pronounced in Cantonese way. I believe I confused her even more :p And then there came the printed paper showing my new SIN -- I was surprised to see the middle 3 digits are identical to those middle 3 digits of my cell number. Pure coincidence is always beautiful!
(and rest assured: in many aspects, life simply remains the same as before. there is no transformation or transcendence or big transition in any sense, esp for many of us who have been temporary residents for some time)

As for RAMQ, I called, the agent told me not to worry about it -- I only need to provide landing documents with them 3 months before my current insurance expires (which will be some time in 2018).

jitenderakkari

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
5/02/16
AOR Received.
17/03/16
File Transfer...
08/04/2016. RPRF 14/04/16
Med's Request
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
23/12/2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
08/05/17
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting.
LANDED..........
Waiting to land..
Hello people,
Congrats to all who got good news from CIC.
Good luck to all the other applicants..

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
ioorabh said:
Hello All ,

Thankyou for the all support. I was called for Passport sumission last week for express entry and I have COPR with me now. The visa says I can land there by April 2017.

i had a few queries . Please let me know if you can answer the same -

1. The COPR document says destination city as Vancouver . Do I specifically need to land to Vancouver to complete the PR process? I am looking for a job , what if it is in Toronto? Can anyone confirm?

2. Also Can I Work in Montreal with the same? As in I am outside Canada as of today. If I get the job in MOntreal..Can I travel to directly to MOntreal to complete the process or do I need to land somewhere else?
Hello,

If you applied with express entry is a different program, I have no clue about the information and the format in your CoPR. in My CoPR I have my CSQ number and the specification that I'll land in Quebec and also specify the city 8)
To be able to do the landing in Quebec you definitely need the CSQ, my understanding is with the express entry you have to land somewhere else, now the question is why Vancouver in your CoPR? did you say that you will go there?
On the other hand, let's say that you decide to move to Montreal, because you find a job, to be able to have RAMQ (access to the public health) you will have to apply to the CSQ.
Hope it helps...Probably try with the guys at the Xpress Entry forum

mako

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Passport Req..
Chinese Police Criminal Certificate demanded
alemom said:
Hello Guys,

Very nice words!!!! Wish you the best :)

mako

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Passport Req..
Chinese Police Criminal Certificate demanded
jitenderakkari said:
Hello people,
Congrats to all who got good news from CIC.
Good luck to all the other applicants..
Thanks!!!
I want to say congrats to everyone who have got good news, and good luck to all of you!!!! :)