+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
alemom said:
This is the plan here, unless we receive the envelope tomorrow, I keep praying.
I'm blind, so my hope is that our Xpost it was processed "shortly

I guess that we can ask certified copies of the IMM1000 at the border, we will need for the paperwork
@Cohenbrother, is there something other than RAMQ and SIN?
I don't know, and I think you are asking marcomcarneiro.

And I don't think canada post is doing delivery saturday and sunday

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
alemom said:

I guess that we can ask certified copies of the IMM1000 at the border, we will need for the paperwork
@alemom, I think your envelope should have been activated too alongside with ours.
what is IMM1000? I read somewhere else that IMM1000, aka "record of landing" or "landing paper" is issued for newly permanent residents only if we landed before July 2002... correct me if i am wrong.

I am planning to do a day trip to Vermont (thinking perhaps Ben & Jerry's factory in Waterbury is worth a visit---I haven't been to Vermont for a long time), and think I will leave SIN and other matters to a later day..... is there a deadline before which we should update our status for SIN and RAMQ etc?

Montreal-QC

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Nov'16
AOR Received.
Med's Request
highheel987 said:
Hello,

I received my AOR today. Now I want to send PCC.

I am lil confuse as where to send document.

Hello,

Now I am in confusion as I want to send PCC but not sure where should I send:

In email I receive it says
"To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”
and In email office stated below is:

Centralized Intake Office
P.O Box 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

But when I go to link above and go to "Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada" There is different Po Box for Quebec skilled worker address.

Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW)
P.O. BOX 8888
Sydney, NS B1P 0C9
Canada

Which one should I sent to?

Can any one help me? pls....
wow great news... another AOR in 77 working days....

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
Smearingo said:
@alemom, I think your envelope should have been activated too alongside with ours.
what is IMM1000? I read somewhere else that IMM1000, aka "record of landing" or "landing paper" is issued for newly permanent residents only if we landed before July 2002... correct me if i am wrong.

I am planning to do a day trip to Vermont (thinking perhaps Ben & Jerry's factory in Waterbury is worth a visit---I haven't been to Vermont for a long time), and think I will leave SIN and other matters to a later day..... is there a deadline before which we should update our status for SIN and RAMQ etc?
Probably I'm confused, but what will be our PR attestation?
In the RAMQ website states that to apply we need to submit:
- Permanent resident card, or any other document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities attesting to your permanent resident status in Canada
- Québec selection certificate, in most cases

So what do we need to submit? considering that the PR card will take other 50 days :eek:

Here the plan is, if the envelope arrives tomorrow we will be happy to join the US day trip. I confess that I so stress that I could do the landing during the same night lol
But if the passports arrive on a weekday will be the big landing Rally (Border, RAMQ, Canada Service)

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
alemom said:
Probably I'm confused, but what will be our PR attestation?
In the RAMQ website states that to apply we need to submit:
- Permanent resident card, or any other document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities attesting to your permanent resident status in Canada
- Québec selection certificate, in most cases

So what do we need to submit? considering that the PR card will take other 50 days :eek:

Here the plan is, if the envelope arrives tomorrow we will be happy to join the US day trip. I confess that I so stress that I could do the landing during the same night lol
But if the passports arrive on a weekday will be the big landing Rally (Border, RAMQ, Canada Service)
to my best knowledge, I think the CoPR can serve as attestation of PR status after landing --- there should be some signatures or other indicators to determine whether it's activated or not (I am not sure, I haven't seen one yet).

It will be great! But I believe Xpresspost service only delivers envelopes on weekdays.... but i will be so happy if it comes on Saturday or Sunday! let's see!

highheel987

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
highheel987 said:
Hello,

I received my AOR today. Now I want to send PCC.

I am lil confuse as where to send document.

In email I receive it says
"To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”
and In email office stated below is:

Centralized Intake Office
P.O Box 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

But when I go to link above and go to "Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada" There is different Po Box for Quebec skilled worker address.

Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW)
P.O. BOX 8888
Sydney, NS B1P 0C9
Canada

Which one should I sent to?

Can any one help me? pls....

Any One???

marcomcarneiro

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Passport Req..
11-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
alemom said:

If you're working, it's important to inform your employer about the new SIN - that is since the since should change: if you currently have a temp visa, they will have granted you a temp SIN (you can tell because it starts with a '9'). With the PR, we should receive the definitive one.

I can help with the assurance maladie, since I have just renovated mine yesterday (it expired in November, but I've got a new work permit then, since I didn't knew when I'd get the PR. It's now renovated for a worker for the validity of my work permit, but I already asked the questions about the PR): the letter you'll get at the landing will suffice, with a copy of it. You'll also need to bring along your CSQ + a copy, passport with the stamp + copy, and the rent bill + copy (or hydroquebec if you're an owner).

All that said, this is what they told me over the phone. They change a lot, and when I went there in person to renew my card and asked, the guy said I'd need the CSQ, passport/letter and rent. No mention to copies.

Now, here's a tip: you can do all this over the phone and letters, if you're not in a rush (7 days after the call to get documents, few more days for them to receive, few more days to validate and enable, you know the drill), or you can go there and face the long line. Since I'll take the day out of work for landing, I'll do all on the same day.
When I went this week, it was super fast because I went straight there before work, 1 hour before they opened the office. Arrived at 7:30, they opened at 8:30, I left at 9 with all done. The insurance is valid immediately (although your clinic/hospital will need to call RAMQ for a fax to confirm you're covered while your card hasn't arrived).

AVOID Wednesdays. They open at 10:30, I got there at 10:20 and I swear the line was leaving the room - which fits a line of around 20 ppl - and running on the hallway around the elevators. Total maybe 60 people. Scary stuff :)

Hope this helps.

vikasyadav6892

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm posting my timeline here, so who are in same phase can get an idea.

File sent : 13 june 2016
File received : 16 june 2016
AOR received : 3 November 2016
Medical received : 18 November 2016
Medical Done : 22 November 2016
Medicals updated on cic: 29 November 2016
RPRF received : 19 january 2017
RPRF paid : 19 January 2017
Passport request : not yet

I hope this will help some people who are getting anxious about not getting AORs or medicals. Have pateince and everything will fall in place.

sufgan

Jun 23, 2015
Hi,

Sorry this may be a repeated question. I guess my lawyer sent my federal file on September 23 and would have probably received on September 28. I was able to link my application in myCIC and I have an application number starting with X<..........>. I would like to know how will my AOR will be delivered. Will I get a new message in myCIC or a hard copy to my lawyer? I see today people applied around my time had already received their AOR. Is it now a matter of concern. :'(

Thanks for your time and you guys are doing an awesome job. :)

drvijayreddepaka

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
code.130 (3112,omnipraticienes et médecins en médecine familiale)
Montreal-QC said:
wow great news... another AOR in 77 working days....

you have to send it to 8888 pobox, as i sent. everything will be fine

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
marcomcarneiro said:
If you're working, it's important to inform your employer about the new SIN - that is since the since should change: if you currently have a temp visa, they will have granted you a temp SIN (you can tell because it starts with a '9'). With the PR, we should receive the definitive one.

I can help with the assurance maladie, since I have just renovated mine yesterday (it expired in November, but I've got a new work permit then, since I didn't knew when I'd get the PR. It's now renovated for a worker for the validity of my work permit, but I already asked the questions about the PR): the letter you'll get at the landing will suffice, with a copy of it. You'll also need to bring along your CSQ + a copy, passport with the stamp + copy, and the rent bill + copy (or hydroquebec if you're an owner).

All that said, this is what they told me over the phone. They change a lot, and when I went there in person to renew my card and asked, the guy said I'd need the CSQ, passport/letter and rent. No mention to copies.

Now, here's a tip: you can do all this over the phone and letters, if you're not in a rush (7 days after the call to get documents, few more days for them to receive, few more days to validate and enable, you know the drill), or you can go there and face the long line. Since I'll take the day out of work for landing, I'll do all on the same day.
When I went this week, it was super fast because I went straight there before work, 1 hour before they opened the office. Arrived at 7:30, they opened at 8:30, I left at 9 with all done. The insurance is valid immediately (although your clinic/hospital will need to call RAMQ for a fax to confirm you're covered while your card hasn't arrived).

AVOID Wednesdays. They open at 10:30, I got there at 10:20 and I swear the line was leaving the room - which fits a line of around 20 ppl - and running on the hallway around the elevators. Total maybe 60 people. Scary stuff :)

Hope this helps.
It helps a lot... thanks

I'm totally rush for the RAMQ because I have an open work permit (valid in all Canada) so we don't have RAMQ, and as you may know is really expensive every single medical expense, and with kids is just insane.

In the RAMQ website says that you have to bring the originals or certified copies, I hope that at the border they can give us certified copies. If not will be another stop in the Rally :eek:
OMG a rent Bill? I don't have that, good to know I'll call my landlord to ask one, the lease is not enough?

what do you mean with the insurance is valid immediately? Is there not a waiting period?

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
marcomcarneiro said:

Hope this helps.
If I live with my friend. I don't have lease , rent bill , anything like that

vikasyadav6892

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
sufgan said:
Hi,

Sorry this may be a repeated question. I guess my lawyer sent my federal file on September 23 and would have probably received on September 28. I was able to link my application in myCIC and I have an application number starting with X<..........>. I would like to know how will my AOR will be delivered. Will I get a new message in myCIC or a hard copy to my lawyer? I see today people applied around my time had already received their AOR. Is it now a matter of concern. :'(

Thanks for your time and you guys are doing an awesome job. :)
You will get an email for AOR. It will change from XEP to EP format.(Digits will remain dame)
My roommate got his AOR on 9th december. His file was recived on 9 september. So, yours is probably around the corner.

drvijayreddepaka

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
code.130 (3112,omnipraticienes et médecins en médecine familiale)
cohenbrother said:
If I live with my friend. I don't have lease , rent bill , anything like that
Good

marcomcarneiro

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Passport Req..
11-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
alemom said:
It helps a lot... thanks

I'm totally rush for the RAMQ because I have an open work permit (valid in all Canada) so we don't have RAMQ, and as you may know is really expensive every single medical expense, and with kids is just insane.

In the RAMQ website says that you have to bring the originals or certified copies, I hope that at the border they can give us certified copies. If not will be another stop in the Rally :eek:
OMG a rent Bill? I don't have that, good to know I'll call my landlord to ask one, the lease is not enough?

what do you mean with the insurance is valid immediately? Is there not a waiting period?
This part was confusing for them to sort. I've got the first RAMQ card with a post-grad work permit. That was enough for the card to be approved. This year since it was an extension, they I had to be working full time and they asked me for a letter from the employer.

Not sure if lease or rent. Maybe call them and double check?

About the copies, the whole thing seems confusing. I was told one thing over the phone, something else in person, and nobody mentioned certified copies!

Now, you're right, there is a waiting period if it's your first card. I was renewing mine, so it was immediate. If this is your first RAMQ, then probably you'll have the 3 months grace time.