+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Hey guys,

I am writing here for my brother who has applied for Quebec Immigration Skilled Workers Programme on March 2012.

So far, he got his Visa ready on January 2016, however, it was without his marriage status updated, as his marriage happened only few weeks before getting the Visa. Now he is back in pool with an updated profile since July 2016.

Any idea how long he will have to wait further? How can we get in touch with Immigration centre to know his current status?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Dino

Timeline :

1) Applied in March 2012

2) Got the Quebec file number 25 July 2012

3) Got the CSQ in 12 Aug 2015

4) Got the Federal file no 04 Feb 2016

5) Medical & Landing Fee dispatch 08 Mar 2016

6)Marital status updated to MIDI & CIC in 15/May 2016

7) Passport request in 30 May 2016

Cool Got the Visa & CPR in 09 June 2016

9) Got the mail regarding spouse updation 22 June 2016

10) Spouse updation dispatched on 21july 2016.

Zambe

Sep 21, 2016
fido_dido said:
@marcomcarneiro.... dont worry....you will get the email with PPR soon...the reason for the delay is that you dont have a GCKEY account as with this account they post the documents and letters instantaneously..but both have same result ..so some more patience and u ll get the great news soon :)
Please i need some help here. My ecas states in process but with same 5 points as above. And the document they requested from me under line 5 is an FBI PCC. How much time do i have left before PPR? Thank you

marcomcarneiro

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Passport Req..
11-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
cohenbrother said:
Question:
In the email, it says, DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

But my friend insisted that I needed to write, even people in canada post told me to write my address on the return one. So I did it.

It is not a big deal right??
I hope you're right cohenbrother. @CanadaPost the counter lady said I rather should fill in the return envelope otherwise they wouldn't know who to send it to.
I'm hoping that the ANNEX_A was intended to provide them with accurate information of where to post the passports to, and - on my case - of that being the same as the one I have filled, they probably just match one to the other and ship it back without delays.

hazel15

Jan 27, 2016
marcomcarneiro said:
I hope you're right cohenbrother. @CanadaPost the counter lady said I rather should fill in the return envelope otherwise they wouldn't know who to send it to.
I'm hoping that the ANNEX_A was intended to provide them with accurate information of where to post the passports to, and - on my case - of that being the same as the one I have filled, they probably just match one to the other and ship it back without delays.
Since the instructions say not to add the address, who cares what the canada post lady says?
However, I don't think it's an issue if you do. But I prefer following the cic instructions.
Because it's a passport in there, I think CIC needs to make sure there is no error in the address, that's all.
But I m curious to see if it will be handwritten or a printed address sticker which minimizes the errors. :D

kevindi888

Nov 3, 2016
HI guys, i check my status this morning and it turned into decision made!(it was in process yesterday)
however i didnt receive any email yet, are they usually writing email or by actual mail box

kevindi888

Nov 3, 2016
Smearingo said:
Hi kevindi888
based on my experience, it will take a couple of months (some suggest at least 4 months between medical request and Request for Passport for QSW--which seems to be the case for inland applicants. But it may be faster in other VOs. My VO is Sydney NS and Ottawa.
HI Smearingo, i check my status this morning and it turned into decision made!(it was in process yesterday)
however i didnt receive any email yet, you know when will they usually sent me the mail?
my vo is in hongkong

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
kevindi888 said:
HI guys, i check my status this morning and it turned into decision made!(it was in process yesterday)
however i didnt receive any email yet, are they usually writing email or by actual mail box
Hi @kevindi888,
I'm sure that it will depend on the Visa Office (VO). For what I know and the following we did here for the inland applicants, last year for some took until 10 days (others less).
This year looks like is 1 day (or in the same day). But your case is from Hong Kong VO, so is hard to say.
I hope that you receive it as soon as possible.

Mikediwan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21st 2015
AOR Received.
June 8th 2015
IELTS Request
January 21st 2016
File Transfer...
CSQ Received June 6th 2016
Med's Request
February 24th 2016
Interview........
Waved
Hi guys it has been 1 month since i received my aor but i still can't link my application for tracking, i thought i needed 2 weeks to be online

kevindi888

Nov 3, 2016
alemom said:
Hi @kevindi888,
I'm sure that it will depend on the Visa Office (VO). For what I know and the following we did here for the inland applicants, last year for some took until 10 days (others less).
This year looks like is 1 day (or in the same day). But your case is from Hong Kong VO, so is hard to say.
I hope that you receive it as soon as possible.
thank you alemom, :)

alemom

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29, 2015
AOR Received.
March 15, 2016
Med's Request
Jun, 2016
Med's Done....
Jun, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 06, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 19, 2017
LANDED..........
Jan 26, 2017
Hi everybody,
For those Inland Applicants, or anyone that sent the documents (passport, etc.) to CIC-Ottawa through CanadaPost.
Finally I obtained a change in the status of the delivery, and it says "Item available for pick-up".
Do you know what that means?
Thanks in advance for any information.

cohenbrother

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
alemom said:
Hi everybody,
For those Inland Applicants, or anyone that sent the documents (passport, etc.) to CIC-Ottawa through CanadaPost.
Finally I obtained a change in the status of the delivery, and it says "Item available for pick-up".
You mean on eCAS?

marcomcarneiro

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Passport Req..
11-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
alemom said:
Hi everybody,
Where's that? I've never seen that description @CanadaPost. Call them @ 1-866-607-6301
If it's at eCAS, maybe it means it was shipped?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
alemom said:
Hi everybody,
Canada Post could not make delivery. They must have left a notice somewhere in your mailbox or doors of building/apts. All you need to do is find that notice and then go to Canada Post office mentioned in the notice and pick the package. Do remember to carry an ID and notice with you.

hazel15

Jan 27, 2016
alemom said:
Hi everybody,
you mean the one that you sent?
usually that message means that delivery could not be made in a physical person (office may be closed for example) and someone should go and pick it up from the post office.
:/ weird. Did you require specifically a signature on delivery?
I would contact the post office to arrange another delivery (worst case to return it back to you and you resend it) as I doubt if someone from cic would go to pick it up.

mine statuses were 'out for delivery', 'delivered' and then someone's signature although I didn't ask.
I guess it comes by default with xpress post. the return one is not activated yet.

hope it goes all well