+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

saadicanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Nov, 2015
AOR Received.
4th March, 2016
Med's Request
31st March, 2016
Med's Done....
6th April, 2016 Medical Recieved....: 21st April, 2016 RPRF 30th April, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
David83 said:
I just received my passport and CoPR. I have several questions now:

• During the processing time, I left Canada for one month and returned, and I didn't update my travels. So, now on the COPR I have a different last entry date than on my passport. Would this be a problem?
  • I have two copies of CoPR. But one of them has my photo while the other doesn't. Is this how it's supposed to be?
  • They say I have two options to get my PR: either calling the IRCC and make an appointment, or leave and return to Canada. The easiet country to travel to and return from is USA. But I need a VISA to enter the USA, which takes of about 2-3 months to be isued for my country of origin. Which option is better in this case?

First of all many many congratulations for getting through to this phase. I can answer one of your concern only
as I have done it myself to get work permit and which is to go to US border for flag polling and u don't require a US visa for that. I think that's the quickest option as u can do it as earliest as now and get it done by tonight if u want :)

Good luck and keep us update about ur landing process :)

D

David83

saadicanada said:
First of all many many congratulations for getting through to this phase. I can answer one of your concern only
as I have done it myself to get work permit and which is to go to US border for flag polling and u don't require a US visa for that. I think that's the quickest option as u can do it as earliest as now and get it done by tonight if u want :)

Good luck and keep us update about ur landing process :)
Thanks I appreciate it. Can you elaborate more please? I thought I can do this because I'm not planning to enter the US. Just to pass the US border side, and return, but then they emphasized in the information accompanied the CoPR that I need to leave Canada, and enter another country, and if that country requires a VISA, it's my responsibility.

saadicanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Nov, 2015
AOR Received.
4th March, 2016
Med's Request
31st March, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
David83 said:
Thanks I appreciate it. Can you elaborate more please? I thought I can do this because I'm not planning to enter the US. Just to pass the US border side, and return, but then they emphasized in the information accompanied the CoPR that I need to leave Canada, and enter another country, and if that country requires a VISA, it's my responsibility.
You simply go to the border and tell the officer at the check point that you are here for flag polling and have no intention to enter US then they will hand u in one paper that tells the reason which u would exactly described him the purpose of visiting the border and they will let u make a U turn to the Canadian border where u will show the paper US border officer gave u and do the landing procedure. U need to take visa only if u travel by plane or any other country than US and in ur case u will go by car so there will be no problem at all. Hope that will help

D

David83

saadicanada said:
You simply go to the border and tell the officer at the check point that you are here for flag polling and have no intention to enter US then they will hand u in one paper that tells the reason which u would exactly described him the purpose of visiting the border and they will let u make a U turn to the Canadian border where u will show the paper US border officer gave u and do the landing procedure. U need to take visa only if u travel by plane or any other country than US and in ur case u will go by car so there will be no problem at all. Hope that will help
Very much. What entry point I can go to in Quebec? and is there a bus from Montreal to that entry point and back? I don't have a car.

saadicanada

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia, Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Nov, 2015
AOR Received.
4th March, 2016
Med's Request
31st March, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
David83 said:
Very much. What entry point I can go to in Quebec? and is there a bus from Montreal to that entry point and back? I don't have a car.
Lacolle border is the one most people prefer to go coz A it's the closest one and B the officers are quite easy going at the border most or at all times. No bus service that can help u get it done this thing so u gotta get a car on rent it will be v cheap also

D

David83

saadicanada said:
Lacolle border is the one most people prefer to go coz A it's the closest one and B the officers are quite easy going at the border most or at all times. No bus service that can help u get it done this thing so u gotta get a car on rent it will be v cheap also
Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have a driving license in Canada!!

Mariam dal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
David83 said:
Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have a driving license in Canada!!

Congratulation, why you do not think to go your home country and come back for landing? I just wonder if CIC gives you a visa to come back canada ??

D

David83

Mariam dal said:
Congratulation, why you do not think to go your home country and come back for landing? I just wonder if CIC gives you a visa to come back canada ??
Thanks. My home country is far away, and I'm not planing to go there now. Yes, they gave me a VISA to come back to Canada for one year.

Mariam dal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
David83 said:
Thanks. My home country is far away, and I'm not planing to go there now. Yes, they gave me a VISA to come back to Canada for one year.

OK, so the fastest option is go to USA board and take a rejection document as you have not visa and renter canada with this document that shows you went out canada.. you can go with cap or taxi
or you can call immigration office and ask about the nearest appointment, may be it is around a week so you can go
Good luck

D

David83

Mariam dal said:
OK, so the fastest option is go to USA board and take a rejection document as you have not visa and renter canada with this document that shows you went out canada.. you can go with cap or taxi
or you can call immigration office and ask about the nearest appointment, may be it is around a week so you can go
Good luck
I'm planning to call the IRCC center tomorrow. If it's a week, I will take this option, but if it's months (I hope not), I will consider going to the borders. Thanks

Newjwel

May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sep 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5/2016
LANDED..........
Waiting for visa
David83 said:

• During the processing time, I left Canada for one month and returned, and I didn't update my travels. So, now on the COPR I have a different last entry date than on my passport. Would this be a problem?
  • I have two copies of CoPR. But one of them has my photo while the other doesn't. Is this how it's supposed to be?
  • They say I have two options to get my PR: either calling the IRCC and make an appointment, or leave and return to Canada. The easiest country to travel to and return from is USA since I live in Canada. But I need a VISA to enter the USA, which takes about 2-3 months to be issued for my country of origin. Which option is better in this case?

Thanks
Soo happy for you
Congrats

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
Mikediwan said:
Hello when applying for AOR the photo specifications you are sending photo size 50mm * 70mm?
Hi Mikediwan

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3998E_tempA.pdf

Regards,

mgazi

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
CSQ June 2015
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
Documents' Update November 2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
File Transfer...
Processing: 14-03-2016 / Pre-Arrival Letter: 27/11/17
Med's Request
Oct 2018
Med's Done....
Nov 2018
Passport Req..
Dec 2018 & Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2019
LANDED..........
ما شاء الله لا قوة الا بالله
David83 said:

• They say I have two options to get my PR: either calling the IRCC and make an appointment, or leave and return to Canada. The easiest country to travel to and return from is USA since I live in Canada. But I need a VISA to enter the USA, which takes about 2-3 months to be issued for my country of origin. Which option is better in this case?

Thanks
Congrats and I hope things will be fine for you for the Landing

kmacja

Jan 23, 2016
Pak_UK said:
Hello Everyone,

I am in big trouble here and need your help please.

I landed in montreal and became PR holder on 05 Dec 2015. I had to travel back to UK in a week so I gave one of my freinds address in montreal. New set of photos requested in March and I sent those on 07 April. Since then I had been waiting, but on 23 June recieved the same request again from them for new set of photos. I need to re do them, but do I need to send it to P.O Box address as last time I couldn't fully track the mail. So I assumed they might not have recieved the package previously? As I am not in the country, should that be a different address?

Additionally, my friend has changed the address now, she has moved to Alberta and I need to change the address in the system. However I can't access the online service anymore, don't know why as previously I had been frequently using the online service but now it doesn't identify / retrieve the record for my application. Can anyone advise why this is so? does it mean my PR card has already been issued to previous address, therefore my application is closed?

Please advise how I can update the address without using online service while I am out of the country.
You might have to call the cic and find out...I am thinking of landing in Montreal and then return home after a few days to sort things out.I be able to travel back to Canada without my permanent residency card? Can the card be sent to me via courrier service when it gets to the Montreal address by my friend?